Federal League 2023-2024

Bull GreenDog

Since the season is less than a month away, and practices have begun, I figured it was time for a new thread. How is everyone feeling about this season? I think GlenOak is the favorite, with co-defending champs Green and Jackson not far behind. Should be a fun year.

Even though the Panthers lost two decent scorers Brown & Sabin, off their 4 win season, some others skill kids from football with basketball experience have come out. Along with a .500 JV team from last year, things could continue on the upswing with the Panthers. Be interesting to see what kind of defense and offense Coach Voll uses.

Heard two things today....Chance at Lake broke his foot and had to have surgery on it,..he is out for the season...also two kids that Tommy was counting on didn't come out....and Jackson struggled to get enough kids out to make a team...the reason is there are a few kids that get all the playing time...so others didn't want to come out

Heard two things today....Chance at Lake broke his foot and had to have surgery on it,..he is out for the season...also two kids that Tommy was counting on didn't come out....and Jackson struggled to get enough kids out to make a team...the reason is there are a few kids that get all the playing time...so others didn't want to come out
That‘s a tough break for Chance, no pun intended, hate to see any player lose significant time, let alone a season. Getting kids to come out seems to be more of a widespread problem than it used to be. With all the kids Jackson has in their system, let alone what I saw of their JV’s, last season, hard to believe they won’t be good.

How many kids did they get out?

Green has a three-team scrimmage against Louisville and Cuyahoga Falls Wednesday morning. I'll be in town this week and might go check it out.

McKinley graduate Jahlil Graham has had games of 15 points and 12 points off the bench for 4-0 Mount Union.

Green graduate Garrison Keeslar is averaging 17 points and 7 assists, and Zach Oddo 8.5 points and 5.5 rebounds for 2-0 Walsh
I saw Keesler last year. Man, he looked totally different. Put on some weight and muscle. Solid player at Walsh

Who all is returning for Massillon Jackson this year? For a team that was a one-point loss away from a district title, to have trouble finding enough players to field a team is concerning. I know Woolbert graduated to play volleyball for Harvard, but that's about it.

Tough break for Lake to lose Casenhiser for the season. Is there any chance he comes back if the Streaks make a deep run?

If anyone has any schedules for the teams, feel free to post them.

Green was ranked #12 in the Cleveland.com top 25, which includes all divisions. I was surprised GO and Jackson didn't also make the list.

We're now just days from the first games, with Perry traveling to Fitch and Lake playing at Boardman on Friday night.

Green was ranked #12 in the Cleveland.com top 25, which includes all divisions. I was surprised GO and Jackson didn't also make the list.

We're now just days from the first games, with Perry traveling to Fitch and Lake playing at Boardman on Friday night.
Jackson should not be ranked on any list. This team may struggle to crack .500

if max preps is right for their roster.. rough..

If you follow hoops- like many of you say you do…. You know that the Cleveland.com/ plain Dealer crew ranks Summit Co. as a part of the Cleveland metro area. They never rank Stark Co. Green is Summit. Glen Oak and Jackson both Stark. It’s been like this for 25+ years.

If you think Jackson won’t be good you are seriously mistaken.

Some combo of Green Glen Oak and Jackson go 10-2, 9-3, 8-4. Not sure who is what

I think the rest of the league has little if any chance to crack into top 3.

McK could play spoiler.

I heard Green looked very good in their latest scrimmage, much better than they were at this time last year.

The first two games are against Nordonia and Jackson, so I guess we'll see pretty quickly if Green is for real.