Federal League 2022

Who will win the Federal League in 2022?

• GlenOak Golden Eagles

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Green Bulldogs

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Hoover Vikings

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Jackson Polar Bears

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • McKinley Bulldogs

Votes: 61 40.9%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
If McK loses and Northland wins, Perry falls to 16th. If McK wins and Northland wins, Perry remains 15th. If McK loses and Northland loses, Perry remains 15th. If McK wins and Northland loses, Perry moves up to 14th. Did I hit all of the scenarios?

I updated for a 4th scenario. I thought I was short one.

I'll edit again to make it even easier for me to follow. Northland win puts them ahead of Perry. McKinley win puts Perry ahead of Scioto.

Last edited:
Typical Lake fan
Wow! If I was a typical Lake fan on here. I would brag about all the supposed talent they have had the past 20 yrs and act like I know more than the coach.

And yes they have had talent, just not all over like this team has. I would say this is DeGeorge's most talented team. The last really talented Lake team was 2010 under Durbin.

Green really needs Beechcroft to beat Northland. If Beechcroft wins, Big Walnut jumps from #5 to #4 in Region 7, giving #12 Green a very winnable game at Watkins Memorial. If Northland wins, Watkins Memorial stays at #4, meaning Green has to travel to Big Walnut, where the Dawgs will be a 20+ point underdog.

Drew Pasteur has Big Walnut at #62 in the state and Watkins Memorial at #187. Green is at #181.

Beechcroft is an 11 point favorite.

For McKinley, upset Massillon and you're the #2 seed hosting Strongsville. Lose and you're #6 and will play either GlenOak (75% chance) or Elyria (25% chance).

GlenOak will likely be the #11 seed, but could fall to #12 if John Marshall and Collinwood both win and 0-9 Cleveland Central Catholic beats 0-9 Warrensville Heights. If GO does fall to 12, they have to go to St. Ignatius.

For McKinley, upset Massillon and you're the #2 seed hosting Strongsville. Lose and you're #6 and will play either GlenOak (75% chance) or Elyria (25% chance).

GlenOak will likely be the #11 seed, but could fall to #12 if John Marshall and Collinwood both win and 0-9 Cleveland Central Catholic beats 0-9 Warrensville Heights. If GO does fall to 12, they have to go to St. Ignatius.
Collinwood won, and so did John Marshall. A lot of teams will be watching that Cleveland CC-Warrensville Hts. game tomorrow.

Honest question here from a Fed alum watching from a distance in southwest Ohio not as tuned in as I used to be: Is there a reason most of the Fed outside of McK and GlenOak aren’t playing strong out of conference teams? It just seems like especially now when you can go 3-7 and still be playing in week 11, it makes more sense to go after big matchups out of conference than ever before and get some quality big games before the tournament. I see a lot of that down here in southwest Ohio, and I’ve got to think it helps those teams come postseason.

I’ll give Dan some credit, I’ve been hard on him in past, but he’s the same as years past.
It’s the kids that are executing and making the plays.
Interesting.....when I pointed out that the kids didn't execute and make the plays in the past I was told I couldn't say that, it was the coaches fault...so based on this comment whatever the Lake coaching staff and Dan DeGeorge does they will never be correct with you

You rang?

jj.gif
Mr. Butler there are times we are not worthy of your presence on this forum!....lol

Interesting.....when I pointed out that the kids didn't execute and make the plays in the past I was told I couldn't say that, it was the coaches fault...so based on this comment whatever the Lake coaching staff and Dan DeGeorge does they will never be correct with you
No.
As I said, I have been critical of Dan in the past and still will be. You have always said it was not the coaching staff, but the kids failing to execute. Now I lye somewhere in the middle. I will give Dan some credit, but this group of kids is executing and the coaching staff in putting them in a good position to win.
This team has a ton of talent, but we have had teams in the past that weren’t far behind, that finished 6-4.
I’m just different then you because I’m never gonna blame the kids. The coaches need to put them in a position to execute based on skill and what they are capable of.

I’m not here to argue with you anymore, lol. We are on the same side. I wouldn’t go to all the games and comment here, if I didn’t care about it and hope the best for all the teams and coaches.

Congrats to Lake and their coaching staff for their first Federal League Championship and 9-1 record since 1998. Really hoping we can rip of a nice playoff run here. At least 3 wins, then a chance to take on the Giant, depending on how things play out. One game at a time.

No.
As I said, I have been critical of Dan in the past and still will be. You have always said it was not the coaching staff, but the kids failing to execute. Now I lye somewhere in the middle. I will give Dan some credit, but this group of kids is executing and the coaching staff in putting them in a good position to win.
This team has a ton of talent, but we have had teams in the past that weren’t far behind, that finished 6-4.
I’m just different then you because I’m never gonna blame the kids. The coaches need to put them in a position to execute based on skill and what they are capable of.

I’m not here to argue with you anymore, lol. We are on the same side. I wouldn’t go to all the games and comment here, if I didn’t care about it and hope the best for all the teams and coaches.

Congrats to Lake and their coaching staff for their first Federal League Championship and 9-1 record since 1998. Really hoping we can rip of a nice playoff run here. At least 3 wins, then a chance to take on the Giant, depending on how things play out. One game at a time.
We can agree to disagree on certain situations..lol....I don't blame the kids always....its just that the situations we usually discussed the play went one way and we would be on either side of the discussion. The nice thing of our discussion it was and has always been a discussion...never an argument. It is fun to be on the same side.

We can agree to disagree on certain situations..lol....I don't blame the kids always....its just that the situations we usually discussed the play went one way and we would be on either side of the discussion. The nice thing of our discussion it was and has always been a discussion...never an argument. It is fun to be on the same side.
Go Lake!!
I’ll be there Friday!
Looks like Perry, unless McKinley or Northland can pull the upset.
Always scary, playing Perry, especially at home, but I like our chances.
I also believe one of the years that Perry made a State Championship run, we rematched with them at their place in the 1st round. The score was very similar to the regular season, they smoked us both times, something like 35-0 then 35-7. So hopefully we can follow a similar path.

Maybe M2M does work for the Rep afterall. Now that's pathetic that they can't put Lake above mighty McKinley ,where they are supposed to be.🤣
Screenshot_20221022-135748_Canton Rep.jpg

Go Lake!!
I’ll be there Friday!
Looks like Perry, unless McKinley or Northland can pull the upset.
Always scary, playing Perry, especially at home, but I like our chances.
I also believe one of the years that Perry made a State Championship run, we rematched with them at their place in the 1st round. The score was very similar to the regular season, they smoked us both times, something like 35-0 then 35-7. So hopefully we can follow a similar path.
It was 2016....beat us 35 to 0, then 21 to 7...we made it a better game the second time...but they were the better team both times

Lol! This is funny to me but I would rather get beat down by Lake than Not sure why that's funny,but ok
Not sure why that's funny,but ok.
I just like watching new teams. Maybe I'm in the minority here, I think the ticket sales might be better with a Perry game. Other than that I like watching different teams.