Federal League 2022

Who will win the Federal League in 2022?

• GlenOak Golden Eagles

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Green Bulldogs

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Hoover Vikings

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Jackson Polar Bears

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • McKinley Bulldogs

Votes: 61 40.9%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
A18AAC48-7454-4125-B220-22DE0B96045C.png

Green really needs Beechcroft to beat Northland. If Beechcroft wins, Big Walnut jumps from #5 to #4 in Region 7, giving #12 Green a very winnable game at Watkins Memorial. If Northland wins, Watkins Memorial stays at #4, meaning Green has to travel to Big Walnut, where the Dawgs will be a 20+ point underdog.

Drew Pasteur has Big Walnut at #62 in the state and Watkins Memorial at #187. Green is at #181.

Beechcroft is an 11 point favorite.
Wouldn't count Green out against Big Walnut. They are beatable. Olentangy as a 16 should have beaten them last year. The Division of the OCC they play in is definitely the weakest division.

Green will still pulling the splinters out of their rear ends from the 55 points Lake put on them the other night. 1-5 over the last 6 weeks and one thinks they can turn it on against someone who went 8-2 and only losses were to a 9-1 Westerville SOuth team by 7 and another over .500 team by 7. Granted, Green did look like they lost a couple tight ones, have just been sheallcked the last 2 weeks, being destroyed 105-27.....you do not just "Get over" those debacles. Big Walnut BIG!!!

I actually wish I could have gone to a school named Big Walnut. I would venture to say they are the only other school in the country named after "A NUT".

HALFTIME

Berea 24 Jackson 21
Massillon 28 Perry 0
Hoover 28 Licking Heights 0
McKinley 22 GlenOak 0
Dublin Scioto 14 Lake 13
Green 9 Big Walnut 0

Most of the games are about what was expected. Green heavily overperforming. And I'd imagine every fan at Lake is sweating it out a bit right now. Go Blue Streaks.

Last edited:
Green ended up losing 35-22. 4 wins is what I predicted before the season. Green was very young and played a lot of sophomores. I expect them to be a much better team in 2023 with almost everyone coming back.

Have to give this team props for playing in so many wild games this year. There will never be another Green team like this one, and that's probably a good thing, but they always played hard and were fun to watch. I trust this coaching staff and think the program is in a good position for the future.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

Looks like three very competitive games on tap.

As far as Jackson... do what you can do. The best possible thing for the program is to play the #1 team in the state. Especially being a young team.