Federal League 2022

Who will win the Federal League in 2022?

• GlenOak Golden Eagles

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Green Bulldogs

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Hoover Vikings

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Jackson Polar Bears

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • McKinley Bulldogs

Votes: 61 40.9%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
Perry’s gonna have to figure something out.

Green looked like they were on a different level offensively.
Starting in 7th grade Perry does ABSOLUTELY ZERO with there defensive lineman. They don’t teach a damn thing. Kids don’t want to play it because it sucks. And there DB’s don’t see much passing in practice from 7th grade on up. Running QB,RB and LB are the only positions they care about at Perry.

Lake plays Perry then Green.
Could win or lose both.
I agree!
But this team,certainly overcame alot tonight and won in dominant fashion. I don't think there will be a let down the next 2 weeks with a title in reach. Last week they turned the ball over and it cost them. We'll see if I'm wrong ,but I say it's a split title.

Last edited:
Congrats to Green on the win. They definitely kicked our behinds. A promising season has turned south.
I left when it was 38-21, I was too cold. Someone will have to fill me in on how Perry scored 17 points with 7 minutes left.
Perry scored 14 points in two minutes by recovering a bouncing onside kick at about Green's 40 . Mattox made some nice throws, including a nice pass to Joel Brown in the back of the end zone. Green had the ball for the last 4 minutes and ran out the clock by handing it off to Martin several times for nice gains.

Starting in 7th grade Perry does ABSOLUTELY ZERO with there defensive lineman. They don’t teach a damn thing. Kids don’t want to play it because it sucks. And there DB’s don’t see much passing in practice from 7th grade on up. Running QB,RB and LB are the only positions they care about at Perry.
Funny a DB that moved south is now a sophomore and has already gotten offers from Alabama and other colleges. So, they must be teaching something. I do agree tho that the present defense is the weakness. The offense is doing ok with a young QB.

I think you're absolutely right! They love to blame the guy ,but as talented as Solberger is he fumbled to start the game and put us behind. Then he got a unsportsmanlike penalty for running his mouth apparently later. The kid has talent ,but that is the stupid stuff that has cost us in the past. Just look at last year's Hoover game. He freaking destroyed that great defense. Then with the game on the line. He broke a 40-50 yd run and fumbled. Hoover recovered went down and kicked the game winning fg. The kid is a beast of a player,but mistakes happen.

The ref call still is a head scratcher. The qb handed the ball off to the rb and he didn't handle it. That was a fumble. How they said it was anything different is an absolute joke.

Funny a DB that moved south is now a sophomore and has already gotten offers from Alabama and other colleges. So, they must be teaching something. I do agree tho that the present defense is the weakness. The offense is doing ok with a young QB.

The defense needs a change up really bad. The biggest problem with the offense is the play calling. They forget they have a QB who can actually pass and keep trying the same runs. And the other team stacks the box. Even worse is they don't seem to learn from the bad running plays. They run a play on one down and it gets shut down for maybe at best a gain, mostly nil or lose yards. So what do we do. Run the same dang thing that just didn't work and it gets blown up for a loss. Even worse when they desperately go for it on 4th down they run the same plays that put in the 4th down. Then when we throw the ball hey it's a miracle the box opens up and we can pick up 6-8 yards and actually make it manageable.

I sound like all those Perry fans that always yell for them to throw the ball. At least now we have a good QB who can actually sling it. That's what really hurts. Not throwing the ball directly cost us the game with Canada North and the other 3 games were winnable if the offense could execute even with the weakness from the defense.

All 7 Federal League schools are all but guaranteed a spot in the playoffs now. Here is a brief summary of each school's situation. All calculations are from Drew Pasteur's website.

McKinley- It's pretty simple. The Pups will have a home game in the first round even if they lose to GlenOak and Massillon. However a top 4 seed and double home game just ain't gonna happen unless they upset the Tigers. There is a 79% chance that McKinley will get either the #6 or #7 seed. If the last two games are split, as expected, McKinley will likely welcome either Elyria or John Marshall to Benson in 3 weeks, then travel to Medina or Cleveland Heights in Week 12.

Lake
- Good news, the Streaks have a 93% chance to get either the 2 or 3 seed in Region 7. This matters, because Massillon has all but clinched the 1 seed, and any team would prefer to be on the other side of the bracket as the Tigers if given the choice. As long as Lake wins at least 1 of their last 2 games, they won't have to worry about that. Honestly, the only real difference between the 2 and 3 seeds is who gets to wear the dark jerseys in the likely event of a Lake-Westerville South game Week 13.

Hoover- If the Vikings can beat both Green and Jackson, a home game will be their reward. Go 1-1, and the Vikings probably end up around #10 or #11, which should give them a reasonable chance to pull off a Week 11 upset. BUT, the Vikings REALLY don't want to end up 5-5. The thing about Region 7 is that there is a clear top 4 teams (Massillon, Lake, Westerville South, Big Walnut) and then a big drop off to the most likely candidates for the 5-8 seeds ( Watkins Memorial, Dover, Columbus DeSales, Independence, Licking Heights). So making the Top 12 is going to be of great importance for Hoover, Green and Perry. Losing the last two games puts Hoover in danger of falling below the 12 seed.

Jackson- Will get a top 8 seed as long as they win at least one of their two remaining games vs Central and Hoover, and possibly even if they don't. The real question is if the Bears will get the #5 or #6 seed (if 6-4) or the #7 or #8 seed (if 5-5). They will be the favorite in the first round either way. Interestingly, there is a nearly 40% chance the Polar Bears will face Barea-Midpark Week 11. Root for Perry and Boardman, and against Barea and St. Ignatius.

Green- Like Hoover, the Bulldogs don't want to fall below the 12 seed. The 4-4 Bulldogs actually have a slightly better Harbin situation than Hoover (Thank you Jackson and North Olmsted!). Beating the Vikings gives the Bulldogs a 40% chance to break into the top 8 at 5-5. But, let's face it, the Dawgs aren't the favorites in either of their last 2 games. There's a 55% chance they end up 4-6 and a 4-6 record puts the Bulldogs in the 12-16 seed range with Perry, Wooster, Teays Valley and Kilbourne. L2 points likely prove to be the difference. Root hard for Jackson and North Olmsted the next two weeks.

Perry- Let's be optimistic and say the Panthers can upset Lake. Well, then a seed in the #9-11 range is very possible, and even a home game is on the table. Perry seems to be a cut above the other teams in the 5-12 range. But if we assume that won't happen, a lot hinges on the GlenOak game. Lose that, and Perry either misses the playoffs entirely, or ends up having to go to Massillon Week 11. Win and there's a slight chance to break into the top 12, and no chance at missing the playoffs.

GlenOak- There is a bit of a logjam in Region 1 in terms of who ends up with seeds 10-13, which is where the Eagles should end up. Obviously, if you're GO you want to have the most winnable playoff matchup you can, and the way to do that is to beat Perry. Root for Green, and against Elyria, Brunswick and Lorain.

I think you're absolutely right! They love to blame the guy ,but as talented as Solberger is he fumbled to start the game and put us behind. Then he got a unsportsmanlike penalty for running his mouth apparently later. The kid has talent ,but that is the stupid stuff that has cost us in the past. Just look at last year's Hoover game. He freaking destroyed that great defense. Then with the game on the line. He broke a 40-50 yd run and fumbled. Hoover recovered went down and kicked the game winning fg. The kid is a beast of a player,but mistakes happen.

The ref call still is a head scratcher. The qb handed the ball off to the rb and he didn't handle it. That was a fumble. How they said it was anything different is an absolute joke.
I watched that play on Friday night touchdown on Fox, it was clearly a shovel pass.

Reactions: y2h
The defense needs a change up really bad. The biggest problem with the offense is the play calling. They forget they have a QB who can actually pass and keep trying the same runs. And the other team stacks the box. Even worse is they don't seem to learn from the bad running plays. They run a play on one down and it gets shut down for maybe at best a gain, mostly nil or lose yards. So what do we do. Run the same dang thing that just didn't work and it gets blown up for a loss. Even worse when they desperately go for it on 4th down they run the same plays that put in the 4th down. Then when we throw the ball hey it's a miracle the box opens up and we can pick up 6-8 yards and actually make it manageable.

I sound like all those Perry fans that always yell for them to throw the ball. At least now we have a good QB who can actually sling it. That's what really hurts. Not throwing the ball directly cost us the game with Canada North and the other 3 games were winnable if the offense could execute even with the weakness from the defense.
Hate to agree in some measure, but the McKinley win including throwing the ball enough to keep the defense honest, BUT also mixing up who got the ball. #25, who had a huge game v McKinley is currently injured but they have kids who can ball there. The last few weeks, it has been #22 and #3. Not saying they can’t get it done, just saying the defense is pinning their ears back and keying on them.

Not sure if you were at the game, but it was a jet sweep so incomplete pass. The reaction of the receiver is what made the call go as a fumble at first. They ran the same play several times at Perry. Counts as a forward pass. Lake dominated this one and is good looking team.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Cleveland Heights - they are 8-0 but only one opponent has a winning record, and that one is Garfield Heights 🤣

Hate to agree in some measure, but the McKinley win including throwing the ball enough to keep the defense honest, BUT also mixing up who got the ball. #25, who had a huge game v McKinley is currently injured but they have kids who can ball there. The last few weeks, it has been #22 and #3. Not saying they can’t get it done, just saying the defense is pinning their ears back and keying on them.
true we have had injuries and I know that is part of the game. The D is the problem. The offense has generated a decent amount of points every game .

true we have had injuries and I know that is part of the game. The D is the problem. The offense has generated a decent amount of points every game .
35 points last night was deceiving. They scored 14 points for 3 quarters. It wasn’t until their backs were against the wall that they opened the playbook and found some success. Perry doesn’t have to go crazy with the playbook, but they also shouldn’t run the same 5 plays until they find themselves behind.
It was a team loss. They were asleep… coaches, offense, defense and ST.

35 points last night was deceiving. They scored 14 points for 3 quarters. It wasn’t until their backs were against the wall that they opened the playbook and found some success. Perry doesn’t have to go crazy with the playbook, but they also shouldn’t run the same 5 plays until they find themselves behind.
The offense can only run what’s called for 3 quarters! The kids can’t call the plays! And yes the defense needs some personal changes.

who is this DB you speak of? lol

I agree re the playbook . If the D was doing the job tho we would be ok. I don't have the stats but every game we have scored a decent amount of points .