Federal League 2022

Who will win the Federal League in 2022?

• GlenOak Golden Eagles

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Green Bulldogs

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Hoover Vikings

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Jackson Polar Bears

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • McKinley Bulldogs

Votes: 61 40.9%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
Great night for football. Perfect weather and some entertaining match ups. Felt like football weather.

Big win - McK, Hoover
Looking better - Jackson
Tough night - Lake, GO, Perry and Green

Lake has Hoover, Perry & Green left. at this point, every game is a toss up.
we'll see how they do now that they got their first L of the season.
There's enough talent there to win out and win a couple playoff games. can the coaching staff make it happen?

Louisville 27
Green 23

Video Highlights, Recap, and Full Statistics:

It's always nice to beat a undefeated Lake team in there backyard.

Now lets rest and enjoy the Big win a couple days before getting ready for Jackson!

I'll tell you what. Jackson was solid. McKinley in my mind is still the team to beat, but I was surprised Jackson blew GlenOak out like they did. Green seems to be in a downward spiral. Hoover improving and Lake is Lake.

Should be a fun finish to the league!

This is the time of year you want to be gaining your stride as a team, not having your worst performance of the year. The Panthers need to do some soul searching this week. All three games are winnable or losable, depending on how they play, but it will take maximum effort by EVERYONE involved to get wins.

Last edited:
Standings after Week 7
McKinley 3-1 (3-4)
Lake 2-1 (6-1)
Hoover 2-1 (5-2)
Jackson 2-2 (4-3)
Perry 1-2 (4-3)
Green 1-2 (3-4)
Glenoak 1-3 (2-5)

Good luck to my Panthers tomorrow night at Green. I’ll be there all layered up…lol. Damn blood thinner makes me very susceptible to the cold. Hopefully the defense can get some stops, we can get ahead and control the football. Looking for a interesting game.

Good luck to my Panthers tomorrow night at Green. I’ll be there all layered up…lol. Damn blood thinner makes me very susceptible to the cold. Hopefully the defense can get some stops, we can get ahead and control the football. Looking for a interesting game.
True Ed, the offense is not the problem.

Feels like football weather. Glad its still dry for the kids and fans. Shaping up as another great night for the Fed.

Is this a "must win" for Lake?

Feels like football weather. Glad its still dry for the kids and fans. Shaping up as another great night for the Fed.

Is this a "must win" for Lake?
Lake needs this game badly. If the Streaks lose, they likely end up with a 3rd or 4th place finish in the league, a home win in the first round against a mediocre Columbus area team, and a second round exit. A solid year, but not what Lake wanted or expected.

Lake needs this game badly. If the Streaks lose, they likely end up with a 3rd or 4th place finish in the league, a home win in the first round against a mediocre Columbus area team, and a second round exit. A solid year, but not what Lake wanted or expected.
Agreed. Their pattern is always to start out hot and collapse in the second half of the season. The Blue Streaks have by far the longest stretch of not having a championship in the league at 23 or 24 years. Psychologically, they have to break that.

I think GlenOak wins their non league game vs Louisville by about 2 scores thinking 28-13

Perry will get back on track vs a Green team really struggling since their 2 point conversion to beat Jackson. I like Perry 35-21.

McKinley/Jackson is interesting. I think Pups win by a 2-3 TD margin. It is intriguing because I almost wrote them off after that ugly loss to Mayfield. They did only manage 7 vs Lake and we saw McKinley score 30 straight points after a early 14-0 deficit. Prediction: McKinley 42 Jackson 24

Hoover/Lake is interesting. These games many times are lower scoring but I am not sure what we will see tonight. I feel like Lake should bounce back and win this in an exclamation type of win kind of like Hoover did last week after losing to McKinley. However, I am going to go with the upset: Hoover 23 Lake 21 with Hoover either hitting a late FG to win or thwarting a late 2 point try. Or maybe it is just me wanting to reverse the only loss to the Hoover team my Senior year with the exact same score (1998 those special teams :( ). Or perhaps the 2006 game (Hoover misses 2 point conversion that would have tied ).

Last edited:
Halftime scores per WHBC
McK 27 Jackson 10
Lake 14 Hoover 12
Green 24 Perry 14
GO 14 Lville 7

Last edited:
Pups really taking care of business. No surprise that Hoover-Lake is within a few points. GO-Louisville is close as expected, but the Eagles should win.

Starting to look like Jackson and Hoover may be playing a basement bowl classic come week ten...

Hoping the Streaks survive and get their first FLC in forever.

Great win by Green tonight! Certainly weren't the favorites, but our guys kept fighting every down, got some breaks early on, and took advantage. Very happy for the Green seniors, getting a win in their final home game against a tough opponent.

FEDERAL LEAGUE STANDINGS

McKinley (4-1) (4-4)
Lake (3-1) (7-1)
Hoover (2-2) (5-3)
Green (2-2) (4-4)
Jackson (2-3) (4-4)
Perry (1-3) (4-4)
GlenOak (1-3) (3-5)

Congrats to Green on the win. They definitely kicked our behinds. A promising season has turned south.
I left when it was 38-21, I was too cold. Someone will have to fill me in on how Perry scored 17 points with 7 minutes left.

Last edited:
Lake up now 35-15
Kind of sloppy game by both teams and the refs. Lake pretty much gave Hoover their 1st td with a fumble. Lake got 1 back with a Hoover fumble. Then Hoover gets a fg off a ref giving the ball back to Hoover after another Hoover fumble and Lake recovery. Just a strange game. Hoover looked to have lost Roach in the 3rd quarter ,hopefully it's not too severe. It was basically all Lake in the 2nd half except that fumble that supposedly wasn't a fumble.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Perry’s gonna have to figure something out.

Green looked like they were on a different level offensively.