Federal League 2022

Who will win the Federal League in 2022?

• GlenOak Golden Eagles

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Green Bulldogs

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Hoover Vikings

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Jackson Polar Bears

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • McKinley Bulldogs

Votes: 61 40.9%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
The school board doesn't make the calls on coaching changes in Jackson?
Based on recommendation of super. Board is just meant to hire and fire the super and treasurer and approve and change policy for the district.

But that is all over. It's time to get ready for week one

I was there and I felt both teams looked pretty good. Hudson is certainly 10 steps above Alliance when it comes to discipline and talent. I hope Alliance is a viable competitor. They certainly haven't been the last 2 yrs. Hoover lost to Ashland last week who was awful last year. So we wait and see how good they are. They could have sat out players as far as we know.
Hoover didn't lose to Ashland

Game Day! Perry took care of business, and then some, to give the FED their first non-conference win of the year. Have a feeling that the Panthers have returned to their winning ways. Hopefully the league can get 5 wins in Week One, 6 or 7 would be even better.

Green and GlenOak shouldn't have too much trouble tonight. Lake I expect to win also, avenging the Vikings from last week's scrimmage. Jackson, Hoover and McKinley all have difficult, but winnable matchups. May the Hoover and Jackson players defend their home fields successfully against their foes from Akron! McKinley has the biggest challenge going to Mentor, though they can rest assured that their fellow FED fans are behind them 100% tonight! Good luck to all league teams, as well as to our honorary FED brethren from Massillon and Louisville, as they defend the honor of Stark County against the state powers Moeller and Stuebenville.

Congratulations to Perry on big win over CCHS - Crusaders always keep fighting always!... but Panthers just had too much power!

Best of luck to Panthers and Crusaders rest of year

Go Perry Township!

Perry 51, Central 28 (Final from Thurs)
Mentor 41, Canton McKinley 21
GlenOak 27, Shaker Heights 24
Green 34, Ellet 10
Hoover 27, Buchtel 7
Jackson 31, Akron East 6
Lake 35, Alliance 23

Canton McKinley played well, all things considered, on the road at powerful Div.1 Mentor, but losing a hard-hitting game, 21-34. 7-7 after the 1st Qtr. By all known reports, Bulldogs played tough and hung in for all 4 quarters. The Mentor game provided a good benchmark on the program's progress, which would not have been the case by playing one of the cream puff Akron City Series teams, or some Div. III or Div. IV team. It will be interesting to see how McKinley performs on the road again, next week, at Austintown Fitch.

FINAL SCORES FROM WEEK ONE

Perry 51 Central Catholic 28
Lake 41 Alliance 14
Jackson 33 East 27
Green 55 Ellet 8
GlenOak 51 Shaker Heights 7
Hoover 35 Buchtel 21
Mentor 34 McKinley 21

Overall, a 6-1 start for the FED. Off to a very strong start
Pleasantly surprised. Great job to all of the FED teams on well played games.

Mass fan said Buchtel was the real deal :unsure:
That was me. I stated that they have some nice size and speed but a struggling QB. I know nothing of NC but still surprised at margin of victory. I said they will be a worthy opponent once their quarterback improves his passing game. Your use of superlatives in all things Mck, HOF Village and the Federal League is quite entertaining at times.

Last edited:
Anyone know if Jackson pulled their starters? All I can see is that they were up 27-7 at the beginning of Q4 but the final score ended up being far closer.

Week Two Matchups in order of projected difficulty. Some tough ones this week.

Massillon @ GlenOak- GlenOak has improved a ton, but not enough to knock off the Tigers. I think its close for 3 quarters before Mass pulls away.

McKinley @ Fitch- It sounds like the Pups played well enough to win against Mentor but penalties were a big issue. I think we can expect a more disciplined McKinley team to show up next Friday. Fitch is good, but I'll go McKinley by 3 points.

Hoover @ Mansfield- Good opening night for Hoover, but the Tygers have to be the favorite. Still, Dyrlund gives the Vikings a fighting chance with his passing ability. Mansfield wins but Hoover doesn't make it easy for them. Tygers by 7

Maple Heights @ Lake- The bad news for Lake is the Mustangs put up 66 in their opener. The good news is it was against Cleveland JFK. Even so, this has the makings of a shootout. Blue Streaks have home field, so they're a slight favorite. Gotta pick a QB though! Lake by 10

Jackson @ Mayfield-The defense falling apart at the end isn't a good look for the Bears, but a win is a win. I doubt the Wildcats are as talented as East. Jackson should take care of business behind their running game. Polar Bears by 14

Perry vs Clarkson North- The Canadians scored 20 points and avoided a running clock against Hoban, so we can't consider them a pushover. Maybe an upset here? However, this game is at Benson where Perry has never lost. Church and Hartshorn run for enough yards for Perry to come out on top.

North Olmsted @ Green- Not much to say about this one. The Eagles started off with a home loss to North Ridgeville, so it doesn't look like NO is improved from a year ago. Green can't get caught looking ahead to the Tallmadge game though. I say Bulldogs by 17

Green's defense played absolutely terrible for the first 1.5 quarters. Lazy tackling. I feel like we weren't taking North Olmsted seriously, they have some fast dudes at the skill positions. NO had the ball at about Green's 40 up 27-14 with 4 minutes left, but thankfully we stopped them on 4th down. A forced 3 and out and 2 Robbie Klockner TD passes later and we're all knotted up at 27. North Olmsted is playing their hearts out tonight.

Klockner at QB and Baglia at WR are the real deal for the Dawgs. Green is young and undisciplined, but playing hard. Got punched in the mouth early on and got right back up, love to see it.