Fed up

Great post wheelman. Any talk of misdoings by the coaching staff that you feel are serious need to be brought up the the AD at Moeller not on this forum. As a result they will be erased on here if they are posted.

IVYcrusader said:
It's football son! You're gonna get yelled at...step up and be a man, make some improvements...throw the ball away...CAN'T KEEP THROWING PICKS. There's kids like pat in every class, all the physical ability in the world, but not mature enough to take it to the next level and be a leader. Leader's have to be able to take critisizm and get better. They gotta be able express themselves in a respectful manner. Leaders just have to be able to find a way to be successful...that's all...Pat Redwine obviously was not a leader. Coaching is not the problem at Moeller, i'm not saying we have the best coaches in the world either...we gotta get tougher kids...not the kids who's parents can afford to write $9,000 checks. How could you quit on your teammates!?!?! I don't understand it....HORSECRAP!!! You think Faust ever yelled at crable...? You bet your -----, you think Faust woulda won state championships in '75, '76, and '77 if Crable quit cuz he got yelled at.... Maybe, but probably not. Pat...if you're reading this...I know you're not a bad kid, just say your sorry and get back on the team even if you don't play another down the rest of the season...you're regret this decision the rest of your life.

You've got your blue and gold blinders on. Fuzz could scream his head off at you one day and give you a bear hug the next. Then he'd work his a**off to get you money for college even if it was Georgetown KY. The coaching staff on this squad only goes one way. Everything is negative. And then they think two sentences in your ear on senior night rights everything. I hate to say it but we're in a different world today. Sucessful coaching has evolved and become more sophisticated. Moeller is not all about "tough" kids from Reading, Silverton and Deer Park anymore. Hasn't been for years. Get used to it.

StX_Aussie_06 said:
Preseason I was thinking to myself about how much talent Moeller does have this year and how I thought it would be Saint Xavier and Moeller battling for the GCL in Week 10, but somewhere along the way something went off course.
Uhhhhh, St. X and Moeller WILL be battling for the GCL title in week 10. I think you're the one who went "off course."

Vox Crusada said:
Uhhhhh, St. X and Moeller WILL be battling for the GCL title in week 10. I think you're the one who went "off course."
St. X is going for it outright, Moe is scrapping for a share

spike78hehaw said:
IVYcrusader said:
It's football son! You're gonna get yelled at...step up and be a man, make some improvements...throw the ball away...CAN'T KEEP THROWING PICKS. There's kids like pat in every class, all the physical ability in the world, but not mature enough to take it to the next level and be a leader. Leader's have to be able to take critisizm and get better. They gotta be able express themselves in a respectful manner. Leaders just have to be able to find a way to be successful...that's all...Pat Redwine obviously was not a leader. Coaching is not the problem at Moeller, i'm not saying we have the best coaches in the world either...we gotta get tougher kids...not the kids who's parents can afford to write $9,000 checks. How could you quit on your teammates!?!?! I don't understand it....HORSECRAP!!! You think Faust ever yelled at crable...? You bet your -----, you think Faust woulda won state championships in '75, '76, and '77 if Crable quit cuz he got yelled at.... Maybe, but probably not. Pat...if you're reading this...I know you're not a bad kid, just say your sorry and get back on the team even if you don't play another down the rest of the season...you're regret this decision the rest of your life.

You've got your blue and gold blinders on. Fuzz could scream his head off at you one day and give you a bear hug the next. Then he'd work his a**off to get you money for college even if it was Georgetown KY. The coaching staff on this squad only goes one way. Everything is negative. And then they think two sentences in your ear on senior night rights everything. I hate to say it but we're in a different world today. Sucessful coaching has evolved and become more sophisticated. Moeller is not all about "tough" kids from Reading, Silverton and Deer Park anymore. Hasn't been for years. Get used to it.

I disagree, I didn't play for Faust so I don't know how he coached his teams. The bottom line is...you play for moeller high school, it's an honor and a privillage to put the uniform on, not a right! You should want to bust your ----- and get better and do everything the coaches say to win games and win championships. The talent is there, the coaching is fine. No one complains about the coaching when we're winning. If these kids can't play for the coaches, someone's gotta step up and be a leader and bring the team together. Each player should be playing for themselves and the guys that they practice with everyday.

People say crable makes players commit to only football, but dean gaier and becker wrestle, watt, deirkers and smith are were stars on the basketball team. Cameron was accused of the same thing with the Frietch kids, but the decision is really up to the kids. All they have to do is let crable know, "coach crable, wrestling is really important to me too, i really want to go to XX offseason wrestling tourny, or XX aau baseball or basketball tourny, I still want to play football too..." Then they have to make up for the missed time by working harder...they have to be willing to work that much harder to win back anything they lose by not being out there with the rest of the team during off season training. Crable wants COMMITMENT, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that! I bet dean gaier and frank becker will both be captains in football and wrestling next year.

Crable makes it tough on these kids, he makes them earn everything...guess what, life's tough too. No one is gonna give you anything, you have to earn it!

When we get a group of guys that are tough enough to believe in truly commiting to the team we'll win state championships. Everyone can't start, there's only 22 spots. Crables going to play the 22 best kids that are Committed to moeller football and have great attitudes because that's what it takes to win a state championship. 22 KIDS WITH GREAT ATTITUDES THAT ARE COMMITTED TO THE PROGRAM!

I don't understand why playing other sports is even an issue with Crable. Who is he to dictate that? There are numerous players on X's roster that play multiple sports (Scherer, Ries, Albright, Miller to name a miniscule amount), and its actually encouraged. Why is this an issue at Moeller?

To Wheelman and Crusader3, many parents have talked to the AD. It does no good. He says they are coaching issues and he is probably right. Many or these problems may not be old but nothing is being done to fix them. Morale is at a low. Many starters are talking about not playing next year. You win when you are having fun on the field, this year no one is having fun and it will be a pleasant surprise if we are even competitive the next two weeks. Some may not think this is a state championship caliber team but in the beginning of the year it was only a quarterback away from having that potential. A 19-1 Junior class with some key holes filled in by a few outstanding seniors (Held and Tez stand out). Yelling and screaming is fine, but every now and then there also needs to be positive talk and encouragement.

Bomber06 said:
I don't understand why playing other sports is even an issue with Crable. Who is he to dictate that? There are numerous players on X's roster that play multiple sports (Scherer, Ries, Albright, Miller to name a miniscule amount), and its actually encouraged. Why is this an issue at Moeller?

It's not an issue, plenty of starters play more than one sport...it's only a problem when kids think they can get out of their COMMITTMENT to football. Outsiders don't understand, moeller is a football school...was when crable was there. Not certain about this, the older posters will have to help me out, but back in our heyday football was it. You made it to football related training or whatever was required, and whatever else was secondary. Obviously exceptions were made and coaches understood, but kids wanted to be dominant in football so they wanted to work.

Seems like to me, kids these days want to get out of doing the work. Klonne was a little more lax about it when kids skipped football training to do "other things", but crable isn't having it. So now they're trying to make it an issue. If moe's ever going to dominant again...the kids have to want to work.

Klonne always asked the players this..."If I told you exactly what you needed to do to win a state championship, would you do it?" Of course the answer was always yes, but did the kids on my team follow through, maybe about half of them. But most of the kids that did exactly what they were supposed were the kids who didn't have the talent to beat out kids that had to do it their own way. If everyone bought in, and didn't fight back, and didn't think they knew a better way...the teams i played on would have been a lot more successful. This team would be more successful. When crable gets a team that buys in...moe will win a state championship.

X TD for 6 said:
the main problem that i see from an outside perspective is Crable / the coaching staff

Yeah, well maybe he's going about it the wrong way, in terms of getting kids to buy into his program, but the idea is correct. As a coach, you have to demand 100% respect and you have to get the kids to buy in. However you do that, which apparently he hasn't figured out yet...you have to get it done.

The problem is, all these kids are going to look back on their experiences later on in life and say, "what crable was asking us to do wasn't that bad, we should have done it, and we could have been better." Somehow crable's gotta get the kids to understand today, what they will see clearly 5 or 10 years from now. Sometimes, my way or the highway doesn't work with 17 and 18 year old kids.

IVYcrusader said:
Pat...if you're reading this...I know you're not a bad kid, just say your sorry and get back on the team even if you don't play another down the rest of the season...you're regret this decision the rest of your life.

Something tells me he won't regret it...

And Ivy, some of your comments are outlandish. First off, the players don't owe Moeller anything. The "privilege" to play is ridiculous. The game was started so that people could participate in a team athletic event. The game was designed for team competition and for comraderie, not to "earn" a spot to play for some school full of bureaucrats. If the kid wants to be on the team, let him be on the team unless it is too much of a health risk or something of that nature. When you can have a roster as big as 100+ for the sport why not? Moeller football is not some thing up on a pedestal, ok. It is not the Holy freaking Grail. It is another actitvity, though with a rich history, that students should have the opportunity to participate in. The sooner people realize that the better off the school will be. Why be elitist about it? You can demand perfection, you can demand commitment, but you cannot compromise your integrity by being consumed with the arrogance that a lot of these people have. Pride in your school is one thing, but acting like I was fortunate to have the "honor" and the "privilege" to play is actually disgusting to me. It's like being compared to getting into that great college or getting that great job. Sure it can be a great time and you will remember it for forever, but the fact is that the kids have the right to opportunity. I'll never forget my senior year there were like 3 guys cut total. 3 FREAKING GUYS!!!! And one of them had played for his first 3 years. Tell him it was an "honor" to play. And secondly, Moeller is not a "football" school. That is an awful stereotype that needs to be dropped. Moeller is an academic institution. It is designed to prepare it's students for college. If we don't have the most successful football program, so what? We have never had a losing season, which I think it quite an accomplishment. These kids are getting a good education at Moeller. I know I did, and it is helping now. But please do not make the ignorant statement of saying that Moe is a "football" school. We are successful in many different athletic events as well as other clubs in the school. I bet you didn't even know that 3 years ago our academic team went on to its first of 2 state runner-up appearances. If guys want to make other activities their priorities then that is fine. I would say that during season they should make the commitment whole-heartedly, but it doesn't have to be 24/7 all year-round. Sometimes I think it is the older guys that don't understand, but Moeller is a different school now than it was back then, and it is more successful now that it ever has been.

I find it hard to believe that morale is low. Maybe in soem areas but not as a whole. You cannot tell me coaches like Naumann, Acito, Willertz, and Straub have not been great for this program and are not positive. I know some of these guys and I know that they are not only good coaches but positive. Contrary to most of the posters on here, I have heard nothing but good things about these guys and that the players really like them.

moemancc said:
And Ivy, some of your comments are outlandish. First off, the players don't owe Moeller anything. The "privilege" to play is ridiculous. The game was started so that people could participate in a team athletic event. The game was designed for team competition and for comraderie, not to "earn" a spot to play for some school full of bureaucrats.
Moeller football is not some thing up on a pedestal, ok. It is not the Holy freaking Grail. It is another actitvity, though with a rich history, that students should have the opportunity to participate in. The sooner people realize that the better off the school will be.
Pride in your school is one thing, but acting like I was fortunate to have the "honor" and the "privilege" to play is actually disgusting to me.
And secondly, Moeller is not a "football" school. That is an awful stereotype that needs to be dropped.
If we don't have the most successful football program, so what? Sometimes I think it is the older guys that don't understand, but Moeller is a different school now than it was back then, and it is more successful now that it ever has been.

You are entitled to your opinion but I think this type of attitude is exactly why we haven't won a championship lately.

moemancc said:
And Ivy, some of your comments are outlandish. First off, the players don't owe Moeller anything. The "privilege" to play is ridiculous. The game was started so that people could participate in a team athletic event. The game was designed for team competition and for comraderie, not to "earn" a spot to play for some school full of bureaucrats. If the kid wants to be on the team, let him be on the team unless it is too much of a health risk or something of that nature. When you can have a roster as big as 100+ for the sport why not? Moeller football is not some thing up on a pedestal, ok. It is not the Holy freaking Grail. It is another actitvity, though with a rich history, that students should have the opportunity to participate in. The sooner people realize that the better off the school will be. Why be elitist about it? You can demand perfection, you can demand commitment, but you cannot compromise your integrity by being consumed with the arrogance that a lot of these people have. Pride in your school is one thing, but acting like I was fortunate to have the "honor" and the "privilege" to play is actually disgusting to me. It's like being compared to getting into that great college or getting that great job. Sure it can be a great time and you will remember it for forever, but the fact is that the kids have the right to opportunity. I'll never forget my senior year there were like 3 guys cut total. 3 FREAKING GUYS!!!! And one of them had played for his first 3 years. Tell him it was an "honor" to play. And secondly, Moeller is not a "football" school. That is an awful stereotype that needs to be dropped. Moeller is an academic institution. It is designed to prepare it's students for college. If we don't have the most successful football program, so what? We have never had a losing season, which I think it quite an accomplishment. These kids are getting a good education at Moeller. I know I did, and it is helping now. But please do not make the ignorant statement of saying that Moe is a "football" school. We are successful in many different athletic events as well as other clubs in the school. I bet you didn't even know that 3 years ago our academic team went on to its first of 2 state runner-up appearances. If guys want to make other activities their priorities then that is fine. I would say that during season they should make the commitment whole-heartedly, but it doesn't have to be 24/7 all year-round. Sometimes I think it is the older guys that don't understand, but Moeller is a different school now than it was back then, and it is more successful now that it ever has been.

I guess i'm just going to have to respectfully disagree with just about everything you just said.
First, playing moeller football is definitely not a right. Why do you need the kids that are out there just because it's the "cool" thing to do? You don't need anyone out there that isn't willing to do the work, and doesn't genuinely love playing moeller football. That's the reason moeller's never had a losing season, because the majority of the kids have great attitudes and are thrilled to be out there contributing and being a part of moeller's rich history. Moe can do without players with loser attitudes that think they have the right to play without putting in the work.

Second, I agree that football's not the end all be all. Education is important, and moe's been doing a lot better in other sports (wrestling, basketball). The wrestlers compete and train year around, the basketball team competes and plays all year around. There's no coincidence that those two programs have experienced and unbelievable amount of success over the past 10 years. Basketball's won multiple state titles, and wrestling would if Eds didn't have a 20 yr. head start (they'll get there tho). So i'm agreeing with you, horray for academics and other sports, but if FOOTBALL's going to with multiple state championships in the next ten years...there's got to be the same year-around committment just like there is in wrestling and basketball.

Your last statement proves why crable or someone like him is great for moeller long term. Do you think there's a correlation between "changes" at moeller and us not winning a state championship in 20 years? Gotta bring the focus and committment back...that's the only way.

IVYcrusader said:
I guess i'm just going to have to respectfully disagree with just about everything you just said.
First, playing moeller football is definitely not a right. Why do you need the kids that are out there just because it's the "cool" thing to do? You don't need anyone out there that isn't willing to do the work, and doesn't genuinely love playing moeller football. That's the reason moeller's never had a losing season, because the majority of the kids have great attitudes and are thrilled to be out there contributing and being a part of moeller's rich history. Moe can do without players with loser attitudes that think they have the right to play without putting in the work.

Second, I agree that football's not the end all be all. Education is important, and moe's been doing a lot better in other sports (wrestling, basketball). The wrestlers compete and train year around, the basketball team competes and plays all year around. There's no coincidence that those two programs have experienced and unbelievable amount of success over the past 10 years. Basketball's won multiple state titles, and wrestling would if Eds didn't have a 20 yr. head start (they'll get there tho). So i'm agreeing with you, horray for academics and other sports, but if FOOTBALL's going to with multiple state championships in the next ten years...there's got to be the same year-around committment just like there is in wrestling and basketball.

Your last statement proves why crable or someone like him is great for moeller long term. Do you think there's a correlation between "changes" at moeller and us not winning a state championship in 20 years? Gotta bring the focus and committment back...that's the only way.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said.

moemancc said:
Something tells me he won't regret it...

He will most definitely regret it...quitting is not an admirable quality. The opportunity to play football in the greatest league in the nation...for perhaps the most storied program will never present itself again. You'll see when you graduate, there's nothing quite like being a football player at moeller high school.

It's not about the coaches, it's about your teammates! 5-10-20 years down the line, when he's playing softball or having a beer with the boys, and they're all talking about moeller athletics...or when his kids ask him what it was like to play at moe...he's going to regret it. And there's no way to get an 18 year old kid to understand.

I think IVYcrusader and moemancc both make valid points. As far as IVYc I don't quite a agree with the whole "privilege" and "honor" thing but I do agree a better commitment is needed from the players during the off season. Which brings me to the one major flaw I see in moemancc's point. As IVYc mentioned the other success stories in MOeller athletics are because of the year round commitment. The same goes for football. If you don't do the off season work you will lose your competitive advantage during the regular season. It's the nature of the beast today. Because of all the specialization that occurs in sports to day you do need to perfect your skills in the off season. If you don't then you will not continue with the winning seasons and I don't think you even want to see that happen.

I guess there is one other thing with your viewopoint moemancc that I disagree. Moeller is what they are because of their football tradition. They have been able to build and expand because of the tradition that helped build pride in Moeller. It is something that grows within an organization. I'm not saying that means everyone that attends Moeller should strive to be a football player but that winning tradition with Moeller's football program helps feed the pride in the other programs. Even the Art Students and all their scholarships over the years helps add to the tradition of being a student at Moeller. I think if you try to de-emphasize football at Moeller and the impact it has had on the school I think you are missing a major element that has identified Moeller and made them what they are today. No way am I saying we should win at all costs like it appears LaSalle is trying to do but I do think we should strive to maintain excellance on the football field because along with the now successfull basketball, wrestling and art programs it all feeds off one another and only helps continue to make Moeller a great institution all around.

But as many of you already know I just don't think the current coaching situation is the right way to get it done. There is one thing with being tough and hardnosed but without showing some respect towards the players along the way the tough and hard nosed attitude kind of gets old and wears down the young men which I think we are wtnessing again this year but in a more flamboyant manner.

By the way IVYcrusader is right. Pat will regret his decision years from now. I kow he was frstrated and pissed off but he really screwed up here. I don't think it is all his fault but carrying on like he did and quitting is not going to solve anything and is only making him look like the fool. It's just a shame that things eroded so bad that it even got to this point. For anyone not to see there is an issue with Pat quitting the way he did and other stories floating around about the whole QB controversy this year then they are really wearing blinders.

MoeDude said:
I think IVYcrusader and moemancc both make valid points. As far as IVYc I don't quite a agree with the whole "privilege" and "honor" thing but I do agree a better commitment is needed from the players during the off season. Which brings me to the one major flaw I see in moemancc's point. As IVYc mentioned the other success stories in MOeller athletics are because of the year round commitment. The same goes for football. If you don't do the off season work you will lose your competitive advantage during the regular season. It's the nature of the beast today. Because of all the specialization that occurs in sports to day you do need to perfect your skills in the off season. If you don't then you will not continue with the winning seasons and I don't think you even want to see that happen.

I guess there is one other thing with your viewopoint moemancc that I disagree. Moeller is what they are because of their football tradition. They have been able to build and expand because of the tradition that helped build pride in Moeller. It is something that grows within an organization. I'm not saying that means everyone that attends Moeller should strive to be a football player but that winning tradition with Moeller's football program helps feed the pride in the other programs. Even the Art Students and all their scholarships over the years helps add to the tradition of being a student at Moeller. I think if you try to de-emphasize football at Moeller and the impact it has had on the school I think you are missing a major element that has identified Moeller and made them what they are today. No way am I saying we should win at all costs like it appears LaSalle is trying to do but I do think we should strive to maintain excellance on the football field because along with the now successfull basketball, wrestling and art programs it all feeds off one another and only helps continue to make Moeller a great institution all around.

But as many of you already know I just don't think the current coaching situation is the right way to get it done. There is one thing with being tough and hardnosed but without showing some respect towards the players along the way the tough and hard nosed attitude kind of gets old and wears down the young men which I think we are wtnessing again this year but in a more flamboyant manner.

By the way IVYcrusader is right. Pat will regret his decision years from now. I kow he was frstrated and pissed off but he really screwed up here. I don't think it is all his fault but carrying on like he did and quitting is not going to solve anything and is only making him look like the fool. It's just a shame that things eroded so bad that it even got to this point. For anyone not to see there is an issue with Pat quitting the way he did and other stories floating around about the whole QB controversy this year then they are really wearing blinders.

I know how crable is...sometimes he's got blinders on. The problem with him is, he's got all the talent in the world...athletically and mentally. So I think it's hard for him to relate to people that don't see things EXACTLY his way, because in his mind he is 100% correct. It just takes someone as mentally capable as he is to explain how he might not be 100% completely correct. He's not going to respond to brash young kids who brake his rules, he'll respond to kids that do things the right way.

I know there are coaches on Crables staff that are capable of being a neutralizing force. Moe Dude, things can not possibly be as far fetched as the things i'm reading on this forum. Even if they are that bad, there's NOTHING in the world that could possibly warrant a kid quitting on his teammates in the middle of the season.

I’m no Crable or Odom fan, but can anyone think of something positive Bob’s done that his predecessors haven’t? All I hear from parents and players is negative.

IvyC and Dude I understand where you guys come from. After re-reading my post I think I didn't quite get what was in my head onto the forum in the correct manner. I wasn't trying to say that Moeller football hasn't been a big part of the school, because it has, but I think that we should not identify ourselves as a football school, and especially not now. The success of so many other things in that school will continue to get diminished if all anyone can think about is football. And I also wasn't trying to say that guys should not commit to football, because if they play they should, but I don't think that football should consume their lives. If they want to get involved in other things they should, and if the football season is not in, they should be able to be involved in other activities without having to answer to the football coach first. They should complete the work, but I don't feel they should be required to do it at the alloted time by the coaches, especially if it conflicts with other commitments that should take precedent. As far as Pat's situation goes, The one point I wanted to make and somehow didn't get to (those late nights are getting to me) is that it should have never come to the point that it did. Pat is not in the right to say what he did, but he should never have to feel that way in the first place. That was what I meant by not really blaming him. He should be respectful, yes, but he also should not receive the amount of crap that he did regardless of what he may or may not have done. Punishment, ok, yelling, yeah it happens, but pushing someone to the point where they totally flip out and fly off the handle should never happen between coaches and players, especially because the one is a mature adult. Can we at least agree on that point?

I have to agree with Moemancc on this one...moeller is so much more than football. I know thats all the majority of the alumni care about, especially the older ones, but there is a ---- of lot more to this school now than football.

As far as pat regretting his decision, I have to say I doubt it as well. You guys need to change your thinking- playing Moeller football isn't the pinnacle of anyone's life. Greatest team in the greatest league in the country? Give me a break. It's high school football.

He is still a kid and has his whole life in front of him.I f he didn't want to play anymore, so be it. It's not like this will ruin his life or change who he is, its just football. Get over it, and let's stop trying to armchair qb his life.

moemancc said:

Dude, this was very well written and an interesting read at that, but I have to side with everyone else in disagreeing with you.

Moeller, and more specifically, Moeller football, may have been originally launched as a reason to get together outside of school and gain more understanding of your fellow students, but the success of this program under the leadership of Gerry Faust did turn Moeller into a football school. That success has opened the door for other programs at Moeller to become successful as MoeDude and some of the others have said. It is THE reason there is a rich history and tradition of success at Moeller. To that point, playing football at Moeller absolutely is a priveledge, not a right. I'm honored and proud to have been a part, however small, of that tradition. When I was in school there, there wasn't a time that I walked around outside of school with my Moe football garb on that I wasn't thankful to be a part of it. Every time, I walked with a bounce in my step and my chest out a little farther than everyone else because that's how I felt. If you don't believe Moeller football should make you feel honored and priveledged, then go to Milford, where it is a right to play. You think the attitudes are bad here, go there. Moe football is better than 99 out of 100 schools out there, at least. Of course it's hard, it's the hard that makes it great. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. I stole that line from Tom Hanks in a League of Their Own, but it fits in with this program very well. I don't know why those 3 kids were cut, only the coaches do, but I know that everyone who busted their @$$ made the team when I was there. H3ll, my first year ever playing organized football was my soph. year at Moeller. I was 5'3" and weighed 125#. I had no idea how to tackle and got my @$$ kicked in practice for the first month or so. Yeah, I was the 2nd fastest kid on the team and I had great hands, but so what. If anyone was going to get cut, it would've been someone like me, and it wasn't. I busted my @$$ in the weightroom and offseason conditioning. I started with all of that at the end of the Freshman football season. Why, because I wanted the priveledge of putting on that uniform and that's what was required by the coaching staff. Was it hard work. Yes. Did I want to quit. Yes. Did I play much. No. Was it worth it. Absolutely. Bob's just trying to bring that back. Maybe he needs more people skills, but I'll tell you this, he's a good guy with the right result in mind. Someone else asked what good things has Bob done. I know his goal is to get a scholarship for all the seniors on the team. Some might say this is BS, but my friend's son is a senior on this team. He does very well in practice, but he hardly ever plays. Turmoil of this season and all, he wouldn't consider quitting. By the way, a college left him a letter last week stating they were interested in him coming to play football for them. A scout for that school came to the Elder game and watched all the kids in warmups, not just the starters in the game. Moeller's tradition and rich football history may have just paid for this kid to go to college. That and his work ethic. So- you may not know it, but Bob does call colleges and they do come out to watch.

By the way, Wheelman, Ivycrusader, and MoeDude- also excellent posts.

Last edited:
TheRock said:
I have to agree with Moemancc on this one...moeller is so much more than football. I know thats all the majority of the alumni care about, especially the older ones, but there is a ---- of lot more to this school now than football.

As far as pat regretting his decision, I have to say I doubt it as well. You guys need to change your thinking- playing Moeller football isn't the pinnacle of anyone's life. Greatest team in the greatest league in the country? Give me a break. It's high school football.

He is still a kid and has his whole life in front of him.I f he didn't want to play anymore, so be it. It's not like this will ruin his life or change who he is, its just football. Get over it, and let's stop trying to armchair qb his life.

Rock, he has already regretted it. That's all I'll say on that, but don't be surprised to see him out there at some point.

Rock and moemancc. Moeller is so much more than a football school now, but, when you're overseas and you're wearing your Moe stuff, what are people thinking? Great academic team, even baseball or basketball. Nope. It's football. That is what has defined Moeller since it's inception and it will be that way still for many years to come.

overseas? You are kidding right? Did Gerry Faust tell you that?

"Every time I'm overseas, yea, people ask me about Notre Dame...but then they ask, hows moeller football gonna be this year?!?!?!?!"

give me a break

TheRock said:
overseas? You are kidding right? Did Gerry Faust tell you that?

"Every time I'm overseas, yea, people ask me about Notre Dame...but then they ask, hows moeller football gonna be this year?!?!?!?!"

give me a break

hehe, sure. Of course, more well known here.

Read Duck's post in the best Moeller program forum.

TheRock,

You're right playing football for ANY high school is not the pinnacle of anyone's life. But it is unfortunate that Pat lost his cool like he did. And although he was wrong in what he did you still have to wonder why it got to that point.

As for wildbill's comment about overseas, I don't know about that but I do know that is true about anywhere in the continental US. Over the years I have been all over the states and whenever the topic of high schools comes up almost everytime when I say I went to Moeller people have heard about the football tradition.

Given that moemancc second post makes a lot more sense then the first i would agree with just about everything he posted the second time around.

Last edited:
dude, trust me, im coming more and more back to your side on this whole coaches thing, but im still not there yet

bottom line....the players aren't committed...why?
no leadership!
Naumann is one of the most negative arrogant people on earth...
no leadership!
even some of the coaches are tired of the internal fighting....
no leadership!
myway or the highway.....
no leadership!

And I am a close outsider.....HS football is a game...yes it biulds a lot of good traits to be put to use in REAL life...but it's a game.
In real life lack of leadership is addressed when it affects the right person's wallet.

Actually, I think Odom is very negative, but I haven't heard the rest of them. According to TO, it's never his fault (except the LaSalle call at the end).