Fed up

franchise

Im sick and tired of all of a sudden people bashing moeller this season. okay Findlay was terrible, a huge let down, but dont let everyone jump to the conclussion that this team is no good. This is still one of the most talented moeller teams that this area has seen in awhile (at least on defense, the offense is coming around though). Posters are eliminating us from any contention for the GCL. Lets learn from Elder, our GCL relative, both state title years elder suffered a big loss to a non league team early in the season and still went on to win the league and state. I wouldn't ride off moeller so easily like most posters have. Im standing up for Moeller til the final whistle!

franchise said:
Im sick and tired of all of a sudden people bashing moeller this season. okay Findlay was terrible, a huge let down, but dont let everyone jump to the conclussion that this team is no good. This is still one of the most talented moeller teams that this area has seen in awhile (at least on defense, the offense is coming around though). Posters are eliminating us from any contention for the GCL. Lets learn from Elder, our GCL relative, both state title years elder suffered a big loss to a non league team early in the season and still went on to win the league and state. I wouldn't ride off moeller so easily like most posters have. Im standing up for Moeller til the final whistle!

I agree with you. There are a lot of posters that have been predicting Moeller to go 5-5! That's ridiculous, this is still a very good team with a chance to make some noise come playoff time.

I think that this Moe team will keep any other game this year close just with their defense alone. This team is somewhat like the 03 team, because they have a strong defense but struggle to score points sometimes. But I think that the game last week was encouraging, because they finally blew someone out when they should have. It was the first time since Withrow it had happened. Findlay could give region 2 a run for its money. I hope they have turned the corner for the better. Still I see 7-3 at worst.

it kind of reminds in 03 when elder got destroyed by east central in week 2 and then came back to win state, obviously moeller hasnt won state yet, but it goes to show you that early losses dont really mean a whole lot

Just out of curiosity what do all the moe posters think about oltoricks performance and how do you feel about starting a soph QB in your first GCL game? Not saying it was his fault but he had two costly turnovers today. Any opinions?

I think he handled the game well and played admirably, but he just isn't ready yet. One thing I noticed is his release is much too low, a lot like Redwine's. Morris seems to have the best release mechanics. Should be an interesting qb battle the next few years. Both are tough and smart which is a prerequisite to survive in our ever evolving offense.

FIRE ODOM

mike bembry is the best qb in the entire program and until odom quits using too atheletic as the excuse not to put him in his right spot . if bembry is out of position than so is jake odom who should be a guard thats playing fullback . moeller wants the black athelete but dont use them when they get them. martez william should have been starting 2 years ago. until moeller stops playing with the (football gods) they will never get back to being the power house it once was. st savior golden bears had the best qb in the city hands down and they instantly had a problem with putting him in a position of leadership at moeller.i hope bob doesnt let odom get him ran out of town because of his inept talent evaluation as well as his predictable play calling. as odom would say you better strap it in cause its goin get worse.:help:

Last edited:
Coach S. I don't know anything about Bembry, but I do question the decision to play a tackle at fullback. I agree, I don't believe you can be too athletic to play QB!!

I would also tend to agree with your assessment on the playcalling.

BTW, lets don't make this a black/white thing because it is not. I'm not sure why this has to be made into a racial issue, because for some reason if a black kid or person is involved it always becomes racial. How about a little more class and maturity?

Here is my whole take on Bembry. He is the best athlete on the freshman team. He is also the best QB by far on the freshman team. However, if Otorick is going to start for the next 2 years, or his senior year, you ware going to use Bembry at QB for 1 year.... where you could use him at safety or WR for 2 or 3 years. If they commit to Bembry being the starting QB, for it to be worth it, he has to have 2 years of starting QB... which means Oltorick finds a new position... it is kind of a tough situation.

prepfan08 said:
it kind of reminds in 03 when elder got destroyed by east central in week 2 and then came back to win state, obviously moeller hasnt won state yet, but it goes to show you that early losses dont really mean a whole lot
In '03 Elder got beat by Warren Central 45-20. They did NOT lose to East Central. Moeller played East Central that year. Moe won 27-14. I don't think East Central will EVER beat Elder. Or Moeller.
In 2002 Elder lost to Louisville Trinity 44-20. Elder won state championships both of these years. Moeller played East Central in 2002 also. Moe won 27-7. Chris Carter was at that game.

Re: FIRE ODOM

coachS said:
mike bembry is the best qb in the entire program and until odom quits using too atheletic as the excuse not to put him in his right spot . if bembry is out of position than so is jake odom who should be a guard thats playing fullback . moeller wants the black athelete but dont use them when they get them. martez william should have been starting 2 years ago. until moeller stops playing with the (football gods) they will never get back to being the power house it once was. st savior golden bears had the best qb in the city hands down and they instantly had a problem with putting him in a position of leadership at moeller.i hope bob doesnt let odom get him ran out of town because of his inept talent evaluation as well as his predictable play calling. as odom would say you better strap it in cause its goin get worse.:help:

I've seen bembry play against trinity, great athlete! The starting frosh qb had some very nice throws. Did they give bembry a chance to try out for QB? The frosh D is outstanding...i think they'll be pretty good as seniors.

Re: FIRE ODOM

coachS said:

Martez did play as a sophomore and Jr. and the reason he didn't play more was that the BLACK running back in front of him Daniel Barnes, was pretty darn good. Take your crap and get off of this forum. There is enough turmoil without you starting a problem that doesn't exist.

During Martez's sophomore year he suffered a concussion early on in the season, that is why he was not used more that year.

Last year Martez developed fumblitise. He had a few fumbles in critical parts of the game and they were trying to shore up the defense last year before the sophs were brought up so Martez was seeing time at linebacker.

CoachS, I don't know why Bembry is being moved but I really do think you are seeing it all with color blindness. Crusader3 made a good point. If Oltorik develops as they expect than that means Bembry only starts at QB during his senior year. If they move him to WR then they can take advantage of his athleticism over the next three years if he is athletic as you state.

WHY FIRST DO YOU KEEP INSINUATING THAT THIS IS A RACIAL ISSUE . AND SECOND HOW CAN YOU BE SO HIGH ON OLTORIK AND HE SHOULD BE A JUNIOR AND WAS NOT EVEN STARTING JV, JUST LAST WEEK HE WAS PLAYING SOME WIDE OUT. BOTTOM LINE IS OLTORICKS DELIVERY IS LIKE HE IS PITCHING TOO SLOW (FEET ALSO TOO SLOW).BREAM IS A BETTER QB THAN OLTORICK BUT LACKS THE PHYSICAL SKILLS FOR THE POSITION NO ARM OR FEET. SO IN MY ESTIMATION AFTER MORRISON GRADUATES NEXT YEAR MOELLER IS GOING TO BE PRESSED TO FIND A QB AND THEY HAVE ONE IN HOUSE BUT PRIDE WONT LET ODOM CHOOSE THE RIGHT QB. THE DAYS OF THE DROP BACK PASSER ARE GONE WITH JERRY FAUST. AND P.S YOUR QB IS YOUR LEADER. IF THE TEAM DOESNT HAVE ANY CONFIDENCE IT DOESNT MATTER HOW HARD YOU COACH. GET WITH THE TIMES BIG MOE!

AND THAT BEING SAID HOW LONG HAS REDWINE BEEN QB I THINK REISERT WAS LAST YEAR AND REDWINE IS A SENIOR THIS YEAR SO DONT MAKE THAT STATEMENT BEMBRY CANT PLAY QB HIS SENIOR YEAR:D

coachS said:
WHY FIRST DO YOU KEEP INSINUATING THAT THIS IS A RACIAL ISSUE . AND SECOND HOW CAN YOU BE SO HIGH ON OLTORIK AND HE SHOULD BE A JUNIOR AND WAS NOT EVEN STARTING JV, JUST LAST WEEK HE WAS PLAYING SOME WIDE OUT. BOTTOM LINE IS OLTORICKS DELIVERY IS LIKE HE IS PITCHING TOO SLOW (FEET ALSO TOO SLOW).BREAM IS A BETTER QB THAN OLTORICK BUT LACKS THE PHYSICAL SKILLS FOR THE POSITION NO ARM OR FEET. SO IN MY ESTIMATION AFTER MORRISON GRADUATES NEXT YEAR MOELLER IS GOING TO BE PRESSED TO FIND A QB AND THEY HAVE ONE IN HOUSE BUT PRIDE WONT LET ODOM CHOOSE THE RIGHT QB. THE DAYS OF THE DROP BACK PASSER ARE GONE WITH JERRY FAUST. AND P.S YOUR QB IS YOUR LEADER. IF THE TEAM DOESNT HAVE ANY CONFIDENCE IT DOESNT MATTER HOW HARD YOU COACH. GET WITH THE TIMES BIG MOE!

Isn't the guys name Morris?? The days of the drop back passer are gone with faust??????? We have had several outstanding drop back guys play qb at moe since faust left. Matt cooper, brian reisert, and cris reisert are just 3 of the last 6 or 7 that come to my mind.

A leader can be at any position. Leaders aren't afraid to go out and make plays, guys that can be depended on in any situation. I think typically, moe's leaders play running back and middle linebacker. Both reiserts were outstanding leaders, but typically at moe the leadership comes from other positions.

IVYcrusader said:
Isn't the guys name Morris?? The days of the drop back passer are gone with faust??????? We have had several outstanding drop back guys play qb at moe since faust left. Matt cooper, brian reisert, and cris reisert are just 3 of the last 6 or 7 that come to my mind.

A leader can be at any position. Leaders aren't afraid to go out and make plays, guys that can be depended on in any situation. I think typically, moe's leaders play running back and middle linebacker. Both reiserts were outstanding leaders, but typically at moe the leadership comes from other positions.

That was really the whole reason that McGrath played QB his senior year. He was able to make things happen, and the team responded to him more than they did with Reisert. McGrath was an emotional leader on that team.

moemancc said:
That was really the whole reason that McGrath played QB his senior year. He was able to make things happen, and the team responded to him more than they did with Reisert. McGrath was an emotional leader on that team.
I disagree with your comments about Riesert. He may have had a rough start but there were a lot of reasons for that. By the time McGrath was over his leg injuries from over conditioning during the summer, Riesert was clicking at QB. There are many who felt that they should have stuck with Reisert and put McGrath in at fullback. I still think with Riesert as QB we would have beaten Colerain that year even though it would have been a shoot out with the defensive scheme that was used that night. :rolleyes: Everyone talks about Simpsons hard running but on that night it was Fitz that really beat us because we didn't hit him all night. He was left alone the entire game. He made some big runs in that game that I felt broke Moeller's back more than Simpson. It was one of those games where Simpson was going to get his yards. We should have shut down Fitz in that game.

CoachS,

I said that why only take advantage of Bembry one year versus possibly 3 if he develops as a wide receiver. Much different than what you are SHOUTING about. :D back atcha.

Last edited:
I will say that I too think Bembry is the best QB or potential QB in the entire program, and I do wish they would use him there... but who knows what the coaches are thinking these days...

coachS said:
WHY FIRST DO YOU KEEP INSINUATING THAT THIS IS A RACIAL ISSUE . ..
Hmmmm, people interpreted it as you who were trying to make it a racial issue when you posted this comment:

moeller wants the black athelete but dont use them when they get them. martez william should have been starting 2 years ago.

Again, if you really follow Moeller football you would know that Martez had a concussion his sophomore year which limited his play. In fact last night I was talking to someone who has coached at Moeller in recent years and he informed me that Martez has actually suffered several concusions during his Moeller career. That is why he has not met all the expectations everyone had for him. Martez is an awesome kid and he gives you 110% when he is out there. He loves to hit and he does it well. I sure hope he gets a good scholarship out of all this. But your insinuations in the second quote here are wrong and other posters were compelled to tell you so.

But as crusader3 states, who knows for sure why they have chosen not to play Bembry at QB but IMO your insinuations are wrong.

You all make good points.

I don't know Bembry, but I have a tough time believing a Freshman should start varsity. The coaching staff does do a pitiful job of recognizing talent...it's a real shame. This Junior/Senior class should be steamrolling everyone. I think they make promises to parents in order to get them to send their kids to Moeller...this is BAD far more often than it is good!

The best quaterbacks in the school play BASEBALL not Football. Anyone in the city would love to have Cisper or Moch lead their team....the Moeller coaches couldn't recognize that and wasted a dream opportunity (or at least turned it into a nightmare)...and further, the best QB in the program is a backup wide receiver that never got a good look....#12!

TOO MUCH POLITICS!!!! it is killing a football tradition

MoeDude said:
I disagree with your comments about Riesert. He may have had a rough start but there were a lot of reasons for that. By the time McGrath was over his leg injuries from over conditioning during the summer, Riesert was clicking at QB. There are many who felt that they should have stuck with Reisert and put McGrath in at fullback. I still think with Riesert as QB we would have beaten Colerain that year even though it would have been a shut out with the defensive scheme that was used that night...

McGrath was not a great fullback. That showed his sophomore year. He went back to starting QB becuase he was a senior and he had been leading the team from there since halfway through his sophomore year. As a player I do not think we would have beat Colerain with Riesert.

Ultimately everyone needs to relax. HS football is taken way too seriously and far too much pressure is put in these players and coaches to win every single game they play. The amount of trash talk and criticism that happens on this site is disturbing to me. These kids work their butts off and are doing their best. The coaches want to win, but they also have a responsibility to be mentors and try to teach the kids something more than football. High School football isnt the end of the world. Unfortunately, for the majority of Cincinnati it is.

bigMOE04 said:
...Ultimately everyone needs to relax. HS football is taken way too seriously and far too much pressure is put in these players and coaches to win every single game they play. The amount of trash talk and criticism that happens on this site is disturbing to me. These kids work their butts off and are doing their best. The coaches want to win, but they also have a responsibility to be mentors and try to teach the kids something more than football. High School football isnt the end of the world. Unfortunately, for the majority of Cincinnati it is.
I have to admit you make some very good points here and it is duly noted. Thanks for the voice of reason.

It may be a long wait for the final whistle. From my experience when it’s bad, and this is bad, the whistle blows low and slow.

I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BEMBRY PLAYING OTHER POSITIONS IF NEEDED. BUT FROM MY SCHOOL OF THOUGHT THE BEST QB IS EXACTLY WHAT THAT MEANS. ON THE FRESHMEN LEVEL BRIAN BEAVER WAS GIVE THE POSITION BY COACH ODOM BECAUSE JAKE ODOM BRIAN BEAVER AND THE STARTING CENTER ALL PLAYED WITH EACH OTHER IN GRADE SCHOOL. MIKE BEMBRY GREG BECTOLD AND ALEX WILKING (LUCKILY WENT TO WEST) SHOULD BE AT QB CENTER & FULLBACK. BEMBRY AND BECKTOLD DIDN T DROP NOT ONE SNAP LAST YEAR. RYAN GRAU ALSO IS BEING LOOKED OVER. THESE COACHES NEED TO SWALLOW THERE PRIDE. JAKE ODOM WAS NOT EVEN A FULL BACK LAST YEAR AND HAS TOUCHED THE BALL MORE THIS YEAR THAN YOUR BEST PLAY MAKER (BEMBRY).LUEBBER IS GIVING THIS KID THE BALL MORE THAN HIS DAD GIVES THE BALL TO THE FULLBACK ON THE VARSITY. GO FIGURE.

throwem said:
You all make good points.

I don't know Bembry, but I have a tough time believing a Freshman should start varsity. The coaching staff does do a pitiful job of recognizing talent...it's a real shame. This Junior/Senior class should be steamrolling everyone. I think they make promises to parents in order to get them to send their kids to Moeller...this is BAD far more often than it is good!

The best quaterbacks in the school play BASEBALL not Football. Anyone in the city would love to have Cisper or Moch lead their team....the Moeller coaches couldn't recognize that and wasted a dream opportunity (or at least turned it into a nightmare)...and further, the best QB in the program is a backup wide receiver that never got a good look....#12!

TOO MUCH POLITICS!!!! it is killing a football tradition

I AGREE BRET CISPER SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVE A CHANCE .MUCH BETTER THAN BEAVER. BUT BEMBRY SHOWED IN THE CITY CHAMPIONSHIP LAST YEAR WHO THE BETTER QB WAS. NOT EVEN CLOSE . THE PROBLEM WITH PITCHERS QUARTERBACKING IS THERE DELIVERY IS JUST THAT,LIKE THER WINDING UP TO PITCH.OLTORICK BEAVER CISPER. MOELLER WILL CONTINUE TO SLIDE UNTIL THEY FIX THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD QB.