Expressions that I'm sick of hearing

R.I.P
I suppose it's one of those things you're not supposed to think too much into it. Never made sense to me. OK, if you catch someone just before they go, while they're thinking of all the crap they never got around to: finish the will, say "love you" to loved ones, turn off the stove. It would be a nice thing to hear. But after that, what exactly does it mean? They're DEAD!?!?
It means "may your soul find eternal peace".

Yesterday I heard an announcer say, "He took it to the crib". No, it's not a crib or a house. It's the end zone.

How about the famous phone recording you hear now, when you have to call in for a problem. " We are experiencing a high volume of calls today, you can wait on hold, or we will call you back at a later time"

Reactions: LCL
Marxism on steroids
The one exception is if it’s a utility/power and they’re replacing thermal coal as a source in the energy portfolio. However, the vast majority of cases, ESG is meaningless.

Not so much an expression, but anytime a pitcher turns and throws to second base in a pick off attempt, or just to scare the runner back to the bag, at least 1,000 morons in the crowd yell “balk” when they clearly don’t know the rule.

When a waiter or waitress says "What are WE having tonight?" It always sounds like they are going to be joining you for dinner.

When a waiter or waitress says "What are WE having tonight?" It always sounds like they are going to be joining you for dinner.

Conversely, when the guest/customer says "I'll DO the steak salad, or I'll DO the filet". WHAT? What are you going to DO to it?

How about "May I please have the salmon", or "I will order the pork chop".

Conversely, when the guest/customer says "I'll DO the steak salad, or I'll DO the filet". WHAT? What are you going to DO to it?

Most kind sir/madam, it is the greatest desire of my heart to have the privilege of eating a Filet cooked medium-rare. Could you find it within your heart to request the kitchen make this for me? I will be forever grateful.

Adulting has already been mentioned, but I'll add any other noun word that has been suddenly turned into a non-sensical verb all of a sudden.

I Googled it (see, how that works? ;) ) - apparently, it even has a term, "verbizing" :ROFLMAO:

People that haven't been somewhere or done something in a long time. "It's been a MINUTE since I have been there or did this, etc.!"

"Could I have" when ordering vs "I would like". Most if my family asks "could I have ". I think a declarative statement is preferable when ordering.

It reminds me of Gary Burbank when he used to play the sports or consequences game years ago on WLW. If the contestant asked a yes or no question their opportunity to stump the sports Sophicianotos was over. Asking "could I have" rather than declaring "I would like" gives opportunity for unnecessary banter. Every once in a while when someone asks "could I have" I will hear the waiter say yes. Then they will ask the customer "is that what you want"?

"Could I have" when ordering vs "I would like". Most if my family asks "could I have ". I think a declarative statement is preferable when ordering.

It reminds me of Gary Burbank when he used to play the sports or consequences game years ago on WLW. If the contestant asked a yes or no question their opportunity to stump the sports Sophicianotos was over. Asking "could I have" rather than declaring "I would like" gives opportunity for unnecessary banter. Every once in a while when someone asks "could I have" I will hear the waiter say yes. Then they will ask the customer "is that what you want"?
This whole thing always comes across as pretentious to me. You know what they are asking for/trying to say, so why must you be a pain in the backside about it?