Euclid (0-6) @ Massillon (4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of the exact number but last year VASJ had about 40 kids in the program with no Freshman team and now they are over 100 and have 3 squads. Rotsky raped and pillaged Euclid and robbed Beachwood, Richmond Hts, Wickliffe and East Cleveland. Wait until this coming offseason.
Is this bad for the kids?

Rarely see him post anything on VASJ threads. And even MORE rarely anything constructive.
What could be more constructive than to write, WIN something and then talk.
What could be more caring than to write, seek medical treatment for your Mass. myopia lifestyle.
The first step is for you to be honest with yourself and to admit that you have a lot of problems.

An incredible game tonight by Beasley
163 yds on 17 att (9.6) 3 TD’s
Led the team in tackles with 7 solo and 1 ast.
I would like to take the chance to apologize on here about Beasley bcuz on a thread a few weeks ago I mentioned he’d be out all year (info I was given) My will refrain from that in the future. Very happy that he’s back for us.

Not sure of the exact number but last year VASJ had about 40 kids in the program with no Freshman team and now they are over 100 and have 3 squads. Rotsky raped and pillaged Euclid and robbed Beachwood, Richmond Hts, Wickliffe and East Cleveland. Wait until this coming offseason.
Rotsky has always been most respectful to his past employers.

I would like to take the chance to apologize on here about Beasley bcuz on a thread a few weeks ago I mentioned he’d be out all year (info I was given) My will refrain from that in the future. Very happy that he’s back for us.
I got that same info, I apologize as well. ??

I do not know Rotsky one iota, good guy or bad guy, and I agree that^ seems crazy, but I suspect there is a better explanation than him randomly calling parents and pitching them on transferring their kids. Or whatever "pillaging" means. That would be insane, wouldn't it?

Like maybe he required VASJ adm. to vastly step up recruiting efforts and make more financial aid available as a condition of employment? Or he knew they got an infusion of cash and were going this route and jumped at the opportunity? I mean he may be a nice guy but nobody is that beloved. Esp. when they aren't exactly a GREAT coach.

The other thing no one answered is how they skirted the recruiting bylaw of players following coach? That does not make sense to me either.

Last edited:
Entertaining game btw. Euclid still has a few athletes. #1 stood out and #5. Small band but loved their halftime show, and my kids did too.

Massillon has a decent team but definitely a rebuilding/transition year, which is fine. Will need much improvement to return to the level of last few. Slaughter continues to improve as you'd expect. Bright future for him, and several good underclassmen down to frosh.

He is a very aggressive recruiter and the parents love him. The kids seem to follow him like some kind of college scholarship pied piper. You have to remember that Euclid and many of the area school districts qualify for the voucher. This gives families either $7500 or $8500 a year toward tuition - and it follows the child every year until graduation. Now kids can attend VASJ dirt cheap - especially if you add aid on top of that. This creates a fox in the hen house atmosphere because he can offer in many cases a better education environment, his coaching and college connections.

I know administrations and ADs get tired of his act and he wears people out - but the kids who play for him and their families seem to love him. He is building VASJ into a lower division powerhouse. You are only seeing the tip of the spear this year - but now the program has momentum. He did not have that last year and when you add Covid restrictions on top of that it's pretty amazing he got the amount of kids he did. Expect another wave of Euclid kids this off season as well. Plus this influx of athletes is going to carry over to basketball and track as these kids play multiple sports. Lord knows the basketball program needs athletes. How he circumvented the transfer rules is beyond me. It seems the last 5 years or so the transfer rules have become a joke in Ohio - and it's only getting worse. What is not talked about enough is the economic impact mass transfers have on a education system. That state money follows the kid and a school like Euclid is losing a small fortune when this happens. It directly effects operating budgets.

He is a very aggressive recruiter and the parents love him. The kids seem to follow him like some kind of college scholarship pied piper. You have to remember that Euclid and many of the area school districts qualify for the voucher. This gives families either $7500 or $8500 a year toward tuition - and it follows the child every year until graduation. Now kids can attend VASJ dirt cheap - especially if you add aid on top of that. This creates a fox in the hen house atmosphere because he can offer in many cases a better education environment, his coaching and college connections.

I know administrations and ADs get tired of his act and he wears people out - but the kids who play for him and their families seem to love him. He is building VASJ into a lower division powerhouse. You are only seeing the tip of the spear this year - but now the program has momentum. He did not have that last year and when you add Covid restrictions on top of that it's pretty amazing he got the amount of kids he did. Expect another wave of Euclid kids this off season as well. Plus this influx of athletes is going to carry over to basketball and track as these kids play multiple sports. Lord knows the basketball program needs athletes. How he circumvented the transfer rules is beyond me. It seems the last 5 years or so the transfer rules have become a joke in Ohio - and it's only getting worse. What is not talked about enough is the economic impact mass transfers have on a education system. That state money follows the kid and a school like Euclid is losing a small fortune when this happens. It directly effects operating budgets.
With what went on at a Euclid game several weeks back and people making it sound like a fairly common occurrence, (sounds like a zoo), who could blame a parent for getting their kid out of there....but....doesn't mean parochials are exempt from the "transfer rules." As convoluted as they are.

Entertaining game btw. Euclid still has a few athletes. #1 stood out and #5. Small band but loved their halftime show, and my kids did too.

Massillon has a decent team but definitely a rebuilding/transition year, which is fine. Will need much improvement to return to the level of last few. Slaughter continues to improve as you'd expect. Bright future for him, and several good underclassmen down to frosh.
I think if anyone would have told the Massillon faithful in early summer that you are going to lose your projected QB starter, be playing a freshman at QB by mid-season and had a roster that indicated a rebuilding year ahead they would have enthusiastically accepted 5-2 at this point with the only losses to state powers Pick Central and Ed's.

Get by Wooster and McK (I don't know anything about Canisius) and get the kids some valuable playoff experience.

Great explanation. Thank you. I don't want to derail thread but I vehemently disagree w/ public tax money going into to private orgs. Yes it does drastically undermine the public system. Not improves like they try to say. No way a public model can compete cost wise with a private model minus any of the public oversight, standards, regulations etc. Publics simply can not operate in their private interests.

What would happen to all the kids who are too expensive (needs) or too difficult to educate that nobody actually wanted from a business standpoint? (Ie. value added).

That is the ONLY thing separating Euclid from VASJ. Not the building, not the teachers, not the books. Just that one has rules and the other does not.

Case in point....your pal vikings4life has 4 posts on the "2021 VASJ official thread which was started on December 20th of LAST YEAR....and has 4 posts on the Euclid vs Massillon thread which was started about 7 days ago....a thread in which he attempted to start. So....
I did start it because I was interested in the game. You have a very intense interest in me. But, I do not swing that way. Keep searching and you may find happiness.

I think if anyone would have told the Massillon faithful in early summer that you are going to lose your projected QB starter, be playing a freshman at QB by mid-season and had a roster that indicated a rebuilding year ahead they would have enthusiastically accepted 5-2 at this point with the only losses to state powers Pick Central and Ed's.

Get by Wooster and McK (I don't know anything about Canisius) and get the kids some valuable playoff experience.
Not to mention the "OHSAA Project" for a nice little midseason distraction.

I do not know Rotsky one iota, good guy or bad guy, and I agree that^ seems crazy, but I suspect there is a better explanation than him randomly calling parents and pitching them on transferring their kids. Or whatever "pillaging" means. That would be insane, wouldn't it?

Like maybe he required VASJ adm. to vastly step up recruiting efforts and make more financial aid available as a condition of employment? Or he knew they got an infusion of cash and were going this route and jumped at the opportunity? I mean he may be a nice guy but nobody is that beloved. Esp. when they aren't exactly a GREAT coach.

The other thing no one answered is how they skirted the recruiting bylaw of players following coach? That does not make sense to me either.
It easy answering recruiting questions of why a player followed a coach to a better academic school 1.5 miles away. That can actually be done without prior communication.
It's harder and takes more time to answer questions about why a player followed a coach closer to 4 hours away into the coach's basement.
I don't think Munford just showed up in Coach Moore's basement unannounced.

It easy answering recruiting questions of why a player followed a coach to a better academic school 1.5 miles away. That can actually be done without prior communication.
It's harder and takes more time to answer questions about why a player followed a coach closer to 4 hours away into the coach's basement.
I don't think Munford just showed up in Coach Moore's basement unannounced.
Here he goes again.? Maybe you should more concerned about the comments that are being made about your illustrious institution on the “Akron Holy War” thread?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.