Euclid (0-6) @ Massillon (4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euclid comes in fresh off a drubbing by Medina (40-0), Massillon enters after a week they came from 14-0 down to beat Austintown (31-21).

Massillon has been seriously tested so far this year playing a challenging schedule which has them at 4-2.

DO NOT sleep on Euclid however, they are 0-6 but their opponents are a combined 31-5 with three of them, Aurora, Hudson & Medina, still sitting undefeated at 6-0.

I have taken note of the teams record that Euclid has played.
3 of the teams being 6-0 Then a team that at 5-1 with two 4-2 teams.
Euclid has definitely been in some battles. This game could go either way.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Euclid gave undefeated Hudson a hell of a game (40-34) early in the season but otherwise hasn't looked very good. Massillon should have some confidence after the win at Fitch in what I thought going in was a pick 'em game. Massillon 31-14.

After weeks of multiple really talented players out from quarantine or injury Euclid should have their whole team back heading into Massillon, including the Sophomorr stud ILB who will land a a bigtime university.

They are very young and lost players to VASJ but this will be a dog fight.

Despite some big losses this team has looked to figure out special team issues and are piecing together a OL.

Knowing Ruck Lytle he will ensure this team prepares to peak. The Medina Gazzette stated Allar was held to 220 yards, while offensively ran the ball. Medina fans are saying if they had time to throw this is a good team, we will see Friday.

Euclid is not very good….. got hurt through the transfer portal.Massy by 21 or more.
Possible. They are one of those teams if they play a mistake free game they can be in there at the end. The problem is they are yet to do that, and continue to hurt themselves with blocked punts, INT, penalties.

Jeff Rotsky, the master of deception!

I did not realize Rostsky went to VASJ or wouldn't have asked, Lol. So, this OHSAA rule about players not being allowed to follow a coach to his new school is dependent on which school is involved? Esp. if they are private? That's all we heard about when Munford transferred and that was over a full year later and involved a change in custody.

Euclid comes in fresh off a drubbing by Medina (40-0), Massillon enters after a week they came from 14-0 down to beat Austintown (31-21).

Massillon has been seriously tested so far this year playing a challenging schedule which has them at 4-2.

DO NOT sleep on Euclid however, they are 0-6 but their opponents are a combined 31-5 with three of them, Aurora, Hudson & Medina, still sitting undefeated at 6-0.
TRUE EUCLID'S OPPONENTS HAVE THAT 31-5 RECORD, BUT THE PANTHERS' HAVE ONLY BEEN COMPETITIVE IN ONE GAME, HUDSON 40 EUCLID 34. THE PANTHERS' HAVE BEEN OUTSCORED 271-101. THEY HAVEN'T SHOWN A BIT OF 'D' IN SIX GAMES. THEY ARE JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED FOR A M*A*S*S*I*L*L*O*N TEAM THAT MAY NOT BE AT FULL STRENGTH FRIDAY NIGHT. I LIKE THE TIGERS' BY 28+.

Maybe Rotsky will start poaching players from Willoughby South, Lake Catholic, Brush, Glenville, and Cleveland Hts?.

This is the official thread. Thoughts on the game?
I already gave my thoughts above but since you asked: I think Euclid may make it tough early but the Tigers depth will prevail at home.
I'd put the margin at around 25 but wouldn't be surprised if it was a little closer. Euclid appears very athletic but inexperienced with only 1 returning starter on both sides of the ball

I'm glad you endorsed vikings4life's thread as the official thread.

Euclid friend says team will be very young as we know, but at full strength for the first time all season.

Also notes, 8 bad punt snaps, multiple INTs/Pick 6, deep ball issues, OL is weak. Hudson and Ignatius backs both has lowest yards of season, while a few QBs have has their way. Medinas Allar threw for 220, 170 under season low of 391.
Pick their poison type team. Capable of stopping the run and pass but they have not shown they can do both within 1 game.

A very young Euclid will need to play a very clean game so keep it close.

I think Massillon and Euclid kids are some of the toughest kids around. I’m expecting a very physical game.

Status
Not open for further replies.