Elder Wrestling 2020-2021

Ashland Duals
I was not able to see the first three Panther matches against Ashland, Plymouth, and Findlay. In their fourth match, the Panthers lost to Wadsworth, 76-6. Tucker (?) (?=I think, there was no announcer, only a video feed for each of the three mats), had the only Panther points of the match, winning by pin in the first period.
In their final match of the day, the grapplers lost to D-III power Milan Edison, 51-21. Weigand (?) and Murphy (?) each won by pin, Magness (?) scored a near fall at the final buzzer to pull out a win by decision, and Tucker (?) won by forfeit.

From the wrestling forum, here are the Panther scores for the first three rounds of the Ashland Duals:
Ashland 60 Elder 9;
Plymouth 46 Elder 36; and
Elder 45 Findlay 29.

This Saturday the Panther grapplers will travel to Centerville to tangle with the Elk and the Wolves of West Clermont. Originally a quad with Princeton also participating, the Vikings dropped out and as of this writing the Elk wrestling schedule does not show a replacement.
The Elk are led by senior Jonathan Bruder (’20 state qualifier at 220); juniors Simon Taylor (’20 state qualifier at 106), Damion Ryan (’20 Kettering district champ at 113), and Luke Acuna (’20 state qualifier at 120); and sophomore Gunnar Pool (’20 district qualifier). The winner of the Elder-Centerville match qualifies for the OHSWCA state dual tournament later in the season.
West Clermont is led by seniors Bryan Hertel, Isaiah Roberts, Ryan Walker, Logan Eads, and Luis Jimenez, all ’20 district qualifiers.
After their trip to Centerville, the Panthers are off until Thursday, January 7, when they will host a dual with Harrison. Looking at the schedule, by my count the Panthers are a few points to the good. If Coach Roush is still looking to schedule another meet or two, maybe someone relatively close by will end up looking for a dual between Sunday and the Harrison dual.
The action starts at 10:00 a.m. Parents will be there. Aloha.

Saturday’s meet at Centerville seems to be back to being a quad, with Trenton Edgewood now being the fourth team. The Cougars are led by their seven returning ’20 district qualifiers: seniors Olathe Siegla and Nolan Boyle; juniors Cameron Chaney, Jake Lange, Xander Began, and Radical Rothermel; and sophomore Aiden Rader Nagel.
The action still starts at 10:00 a.m.

The Panthers lost their first dual of the day to host Centerville, 39-28. They then wrestled West Clermont and then Edgewood. I will post those scores if I can find them.

Last edited:
Think it’s going to be a long season for the Panthers this yr! They will definitely improve as the season moves along but not sure they will progress as well as they have in some past years. I just hope they get in a Full Season and Tournament.

hopefully i will get my name put out there by a oak hill alumni again. but can alumni of the wrestling team comback and watch and support the team this year i notice january 2nd and 7th they will be hosting a freshmen tournament and a dual vs harrison at home.

Attachments

• the comeback wolf.jpg
    the comeback wolf.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 20
The score of the West Clermont dual was 42-33. The following Panthers went 2-0: Murphy (126), Roth (132/138), Williams (138/145), and Tucker (285). (Thanks to Coach Oberjohann for the info.)

hopefully i will get my name put out there by a oak hill alumni again. but can alumni of the wrestling team comback and watch and support the team this year i notice january 2nd and 7th they will be hosting a freshmen tournament and a dual vs harrison at home.

Call/email Elder or Coach Roush. Sure they would gladly answer any questions involving Fan attendance at Elder sporting events and want as many fans in attendance as permitted.

The grapplers will return to competition Thursday night when they host Harrison in their annual dual meet. The Wildcats are led by their five returning ’20 district qualifiers: seniors Logan Sowders and Dominic Little; junior Payton Abbott; and sophomores Gino Fiorino and Maddox Carter.
The action starts at 7:00, and presumably it will be streamed live and in color and feature expert commentary.
Friday the grapplers will travel to Carlisle High School for the two-day Indian Duals. According to yappi seer borofan, joining host Carlisle and the Panthers will be Colerain, Legacy Christian, Malvern Prep (Malvern, PA) A and B teams, Moeller, Springboro, Trenton Edgewood, and Vandalia Butler (Baylor, TN and Greenon originally were slated to participate).
Malvern Prep was highly ranked last year nationally, in the top ten if I recall correctly; they finished third at last year’s Ironman, behind winner Wyoming Seminary and Blair Academy. The Friars are led by senior Cole Deery (#7 nationally at 285 by Track Wrestling); juniors Jack Wehmeyer (#5 at 182), Caden Rogers (#17 at 195), and Nicholas Feldman (#1 at 220); and freshman Nick O’Neill (#13 at 106).
Moeller is led by seniors Nolan Moore (3x district qualifier) and Brayden Zenni (’20 state qualifier at 132); juniors Brad Hornback (district qualifier), Kurt Thompson (’20 state qualifier, 160), and Jonathon Sanchez (district qualifier); and sophomore Joe Anastasia (district qualifier).
Springboro is led by their five returning ’20 district qualifiers: senior Parker Smith, junior Hayden Hollis, and sophomores Ryan Wissmar, Conner Kleinberg, and Myles Johnson.
Carlisle (D-III) is led by their three returning ’20 Troy District qualifiers senior Jayden Sweeney and sophomores Kyler Walsh and Bryce McKnight.
Vandalia Butler is led by senior Matt Motter (’20 district qualifier) and sophomore Parker Lee (’20 state qualifier at 106).
The action starts Friday afternoon at 5:00 and Saturday morning at 10:00.
Parents will be at both meets. Aloha.

Harrison at Elder
106: Weigand lost tech fall Couch 17-2 H 5 E 0
113: Elder lost by ff H 11 E 0
120: Stahl dec Metzger 7-1 H 11 E 3
126: Brady Little (9) by ff H 11 E 9
132: Murphy pin Abbott 3rd E 15 H 11
138: Kaimann dec Carter 4-1 E 18 H 11
145: Brogan dec Vogt 12-5 E 21 H 11
152: Lay pin Newton 1st E 27 H 11
160: Wolf lost pin Behrens 1st E 27 H 17
170: Roell pin Clark 3rd E 33 H 17
182: Henry Heitz (9) pin JV wrestler 3rd E 39 H 17
195: Hulen lost pin Little 1st E 39 H 23
220: Sims lost pin Riednour (sp?) 2nd E 39 H 29
285: Tucker pin Hascamp (sp?) 1st

Final score:
Elder 45 Harrison 29

Props to the announcers, they did a great job. One was Willie Doepker and unfortunately I didn't catch the name of the other one.

Last edited:
Harrison at Elder
106: Weigand lost tech fall Couch 17-2 H 5 E 0
113: Elder lost by ff H 11 E 0
120: Stahl dec Metzger 7-1 H 11 E 3
126: Brady Little (9) by ff H 11 E 9
132: Murphy pin Abbott 3rd E 15 H 11
138: Kaimann dec Carter 4-1 E 18 H 11
145: Brogan dec Vogt 12-5 E 21 H 11
152: Lay pin Newton 1st E 27 H 11
160: Wolf lost pin Behrens 1st E 27 H 17
170: Roell pin Clark 3rd E 33 H 17
182: Henry Heitz (9) pin JV wrestler 3rd E 39 H 17
195: Hulen lost pin Little 1st E 39 H 23
220: Sims lost pin Riednour (sp?) 2nd E 39 H 29
285: Tucker pin Hascamp (sp?) 1st

Final score:
Elder 45 Harrison 29

Props to the announcers, they did a great job. One was Willie Doepker and unfortunately I didn't catch the name of the other one.

I believe it was Tommy Thamann

i want to start off by saying the panthers surprise me today with their performance. Lay had a big pin!!! the bench was into every single match.
The most hype match was henry heitz after sticking his opponent with a head and arm throw and got the pin he stood up look at the elder bench with his built up emotion and let out a scream of excitment that is what the sport is all about folks.
this team is showing alot of perseverance and people are steping up in big time moments.
one thing i did notice was that there was no conccesion stand and i did get hungry
one last thing shoutout to the coaches they always welcome the parents and former wrestlers back like we never left

Here's what I've found so far:
Elder vs Legacy Christian Academy
106: Weigand lost tech fall Eli Campbell 17-2 LC 5 E 0
113: Stahl lost pin Dillon Campbell LC 11 E 0
120: Magness lost pin Logan Attisano LC 17 E 0
126: Murphy lost dec Brayden Brown 8-1 LC 20 E 0
132: Williams lost pin Camron Lacure LC 26 E 0
138: Kaimann lost pin Boede Campbell LC 32 E 0
145: Brogan lost pin Gavin Brown LC 38 E 0
152: Lay lost pin Ethan Cooper LC 44 E 0
160: E by ff (I think) LC 44 E 6
170: Roell lost tech fall Nick Alvarez 17-2 LC 50 E 6
I could be wrong, but as the LCA sports twitter site doesn’t list any results for wrestlers after Alvarez, I guess they forfeited all the matches above 170 each time. If so, those four forfeits would make the final score LCA 50 Elder 30.

The Panthers beat Vandalia Butler on Friday, per their wrestling twitter account.

The Panthers lost to Springboro, 45-32, per their wrestling twitter account.

So far, I've found that the Panthers beat Butler and lost to Moeller, LCA, and Springboro.

No luck yet with Carlisle, Colerain, Malvern Prep A and B, and Trenton Edgewood.

Last edited:
Here's what I've found so far:
Elder vs Legacy Christian Academy
106: Weigand lost tech fall Eli Campbell 17-2 LC 5 E 0
113: Stahl lost pin Dillon Campbell LC 11 E 0
120: Magness lost pin Logan Attisano LC 17 E 0
126: Murphy lost dec Brayden Brown 8-1 LC 20 E 0
132: Williams lost pin Camron Lacure LC 26 E 0
138: Kaimann lost pin Boede Campbell LC 32 E 0
145: Brogan lost pin Gavin Brown LC 38 E 0
152: Lay lost pin Ethan Cooper LC 44 E 0
160: E by ff (I think) LC 44 E 6
170: Roell lost tech fall Nick Alvarez 17-2 LC 50 E 6
I could be wrong, but as the LCA sports twitter site doesn’t list any results for wrestlers after Alvarez, I guess they forfeited all the matches above 170 each time. If so, those four forfeits would make the final score LCA 50 Elder 30.

The Panthers beat Vandalia Butler on Friday, per their wrestling twitter account.

The Panthers lost to Springboro, 45-32, per their wrestling twitter account.

So far, I've found that the Panthers beat Butler and lost to Moeller, LCA, and Springboro.

No luck yet with Carlisle, Colerain, Malvern Prep A and B, and Trenton Edgewood.
Thanks POTP,

I did hear they beat Colerain and avenged a loss from early in the season but did not get a score.

Hopefully they get a few of the kids back who were out because of sickness and injury soon.

Coach McCoy

Elder lost to Moeller 46-24
Elder lost to Legacy 49-24
Elder beat Butler 39-37
Elder beat Carlisle 57-24
Elder beat Edgewood 38-33
Elder lost to Malvern Prep A 73-0
Elder beat Malvern Prep B 40-29
Elder beat Colerain 40-29
Elder lost to Springboro 45-32

Elder took 5th place

All individual results can be found on Trackwrestling.com under Indian duals

Elder beat Butler 39-37

Elder took 5th place

Thanks for the heads up! For some reason, I didn't even think to check Track.

Elder beat Butler 39-37

Elder took 5th place

Thanks Murphy’s for the updates !

The scores for this season’s varsity matches were posted yesterday on EHSports; the grapplers are 8-14 so far.
Thursday night the grapplers will host East Central (Ind.) in a dual. The Trojans are led by their two returning ’20 state qualifiers, seniors Bryer Hall (second at 152) and Kole Viel. Last year at East Central, with the Panthers leading 30-28, Hall won the last match of the night by pin to give the Trojans a 34-30 win.
Saturday morning the Panthers will travel to Springboro for a meet with Olentangy Liberty. EHSports currently lists it as a quad with a fourth team TBA, but as of this writing the Springboro wrestling schedule lists it as a tri meet. The Panthers just wrestled Springboro at Carlisle last weekend, losing 45-32.
Olentangy Liberty has the second best team in central Ohio behind Dublin Coffman. The Patriots are led by their five returning ’20 Hilliard Darby district qualifiers: seniors Josh Sutton, Hunter Ford (’20 state qualifier at 120), Adam Gintert, and Jayce Fitzpatrick; and sophomore Dylan Russo (’20 state qualifier at 195).
The action starts Thursday night at 7:00 and Saturday morning at 10:00. Parents will be at both meets. Aloha.

The scores for this season’s varsity matches were posted yesterday on EHSports; the grapplers are 8-14 so far.
Thursday night the grapplers will host East Central (Ind.) in a dual. The Trojans are led by their two returning ’20 state qualifiers, seniors Bryer Hall (second at 152) and Kole Viel. Last year at East Central, with the Panthers leading 30-28, Hall won the last match of the night by pin to give the Trojans a 34-30 win.
Saturday morning the Panthers will travel to Springboro for a meet with Olentangy Liberty. EHSports currently lists it as a quad with a fourth team TBA, but as of this writing the Springboro wrestling schedule lists it as a tri meet. The Panthers just wrestled Springboro at Carlisle last weekend, losing 45-32.
Olentangy Liberty has the second best team in central Ohio behind Dublin Coffman. The Patriots are led by their five returning ’20 Hilliard Darby district qualifiers: seniors Josh Sutton, Hunter Ford (’20 state qualifier at 120), Adam Gintert, and Jayce Fitzpatrick; and sophomore Dylan Russo (’20 state qualifier at 195).
The action starts Thursday night at 7:00 and Saturday morning at 10:00. Parents will be at both meets. Aloha.
On a side note... East Central won their Team state dual tournament a week or so ago. Rise up Panther grapplers .

The hope was to promote the EC vs. Elder Dual like we did at EC last year and make it free for all to attend. Unfortunately, due to the obvious, that is not going to be able to happen this year. We are planning if schedules align to have the dual at EC next year on the stage in their PAC. In two years (2023) we will be at Elder again and I will do whatever I can to pack the gym as we did at East Central last year. Also make it free for all to attend and get a good cheering section.