Elder Vs La Salle

There's no reason to think LaSalle isn't here to stay, especially with a the coach they have and one that seems committed. Unless they prove this is just a blip on the radar, I couldn't care less how long it took.

But even then, what they've done the past 6 years is pretty damn impressive.

Serious question, is this the first time LS is #1 in the state according to maxpreps? 2014 it never happened and I don't think it did last year. Maybe preseason 2015? Anyone know?

This will be the 59th year for the Elder-La Salle game. Elder leads the series 42-15-1. The one tie was a 0-0 score in 1970.

Top ten games in the country are listed here and yes, St. Edward at Massillon is listed as is La Salle at Elder.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/xSsyq...-led-by-st-edward-vs-Massillon-washington.htm

La Salle won a share of the GCL title in 1995, so that was in its fourth decade. Don't forget the first decade for La Salle wasn't a full decade becuase we fielded our first varsity team in 1962 missing two years of that decade. If you're taking about the GCLS then La Salle won a share of that in 2010 which would have been the 6th decade if you believe like me that the decade starts in the 00 year and goes until the 99 year.
3.5 decades. Not better.

3.5 decades. Not better.

What do the first 40 or so years of LS football have to do with tonight? I'd imagine nothing other than to have cemented this as an important rivalry game.

If you're going to bang on LS people for having hard-ons for Elder, especially since a perusing of the Elder forum shows an interesting obsession with many things La Salle, perhaps you should follow your own advice.

It was somewhat of a sloppy game with each team giving up fumbles. Lasalle had a couple more personal fouls than Elder. In the end, Lasalle went for the 2 when Elder probably should have first.

Smith did not play the entire 2nd half. Elder also had 2 defensive starters go out during the game. Overall, I'm encouraged for Elder, but the defense needs some work. Tackling was terrible.

It was somewhat of a sloppy game with each team giving up fumbles. Lasalle had a couple more personal fouls than Elder. In the end, Lasalle went for the 2 when Elder probably should have first.

Smith did not play the entire 2nd half. Elder also had 2 defensive starters go out during the game. Overall, I'm encouraged for Elder, but the defense needs some work. Tackling was terrible.
Sloppy play from both teams for sure. Elder looked pretty solid overall. Wouldn’t be shocked if they made a nice run this year.

Great game. Balls to go for two. Huge props. Glad it worked out as a Lancer fan, easily could have gone the other way. Elder looked legit and will be fine, didn’t expect it. LaSallle needs to tighten up D, I’m sure Elder fans think the same on their end.

Great game. Balls to go for two. Huge props. Glad it worked out as a Lancer fan, easily could have gone the other way. Elder looked legit and will be fine, didn’t expect it. LaSallle needs to tighten up D, I’m sure Elder fans think the same on their end.

I was surprised Payne didn't get more touches in the 4th quarter. No disrespect to the QB, but Payne was the difference maker tonight.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
[/QUOTE]

Not really.

TBH, really I like what I saw from Elder. didn’t think they had that in them. But one of the things I’ve been very consistent on is the quality of the football coaches and the heart of the players. I’ve always enjoyed Elder teams play because those kids ALWAYS fight. Great kids with great work ethic and a never say die attitude. It’s why every program has deep respect for them between the lines.

Last edited:
I'm talking about Devonte Smith and why he didn't play. I think thats what he's referring too.

Okay. Word is that Thomas from Elder was also ejected. It was hard to tell all this from watching on the live stream. I think the refs were calling this too close unless I missed something blatant. Hate to see kids getting ejected over petty things. Give a warning first unless it's flagrant.

On one hand, as expected noone in the country is stopping this offense.

The LaSalle QB is very good. A better runner then passer, but still solid all-around. Payne is a special RB for sure. But to say "no one in the country is stopping this offense" is a stretch. We will see. I wasn't overly impressed with the line or other WR's. A team with a legit front 7 can hold LaSalle in check.

The LaSalle QB is very good. A better runner then passer, but still solid all-around. Payne is a special RB for sure. But to say "no one in the country is stopping this offense" is a stretch. We will see. I wasn't overly impressed with the line or other WR's. A team with a legit front 7 can hold LaSalle in check.

So basically elder's front 7 is not legit is what you are saying?