DVI Kirtland vs Versailles Updates (12/01/23)

Yep! Unfortunately, someone just bought WQKT (a Christian radio station out of Columbus - 104.9 The River). We in the area are REALLY worried that the WQKT's top-of-the-line sports coverage is going to go by the wayside. Hopefully as The River evaluates the WQKT station in the coming months, they fully comprehend how amazing Breck and his crew are.
I couldn't agree more. 104.5 is such a staple in the area and do a great job covering high school, college, and professional sports.

Kirtland ball on their 45.

1- run 1 yard
2- run 5 yards
3- run 3 yards
4- going for it...run 8 yards

First down

9:00 4Q

Kirtland ball on Versailles 38.

1- run 2 yards
2- penalty false start (-5) yards
2- run 5 yards
3- pass 13 yards

First down

6:50 4Q

Kirtland ball on Versailles 23.

1- run 8 yards...penalty holding (-10) yards from spot (ball on the 30)
1- run 5 yards...penalty personal foul Versailles (+12) yards

First down

Kirtland ball on Versailles 2.

1- penalty false start Kirtland (-5) yards. Kirtland is running the clock down every play and got out too late to run the play.
1- run 2 yards
2- run 2 yards...penalty holding Kirtland (-10) yards...lots of flags now

One rule I don't like in high school is that a fumble forward can be recovered by the offense resulting in a gain of aditional yardage...or even a TD.

This happened multiple times in the Hoban-Massillon game last night too (at least once for each team).

What makes this one worse than the last one is that it was a 4th down play and he wasn't going to get into the endzone. It would have been Versailles ball on their 3 yard line.
The good thing is this didn't have an impact on the outcome of the game. However, in the NFL it wouldn't have counted. I'm wondering if that's a rule that eventually gets trickled down into HS, that a ball fumbled forward on 4th down comes back to the spot of the fumble.

Versailles ball on their 40.

1- pass incomplete...close to catching it 40 yards down field.
2- pass incomplete...almost intercepted
3- run 24 yards

First down

2:35 4Q

One rule I don't like in high school is that a fumble forward can be recovered by the offense resulting in a gain of aditional yardage...or even a TD.

This happened multiple times in the Hoban-Massillon game last night too (at least once for each team).
This isn't just a high school rule. It's a rule in college and the pros too.

Versailles ball on Kirtland 36.

1- pass 2 yards
2- pass incomplete...penalty holding Versailles (-10) yards
2- run 9 yards
3- pass 10 yards

First down

1:32 4Q