Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Harvest Prep by 1-8

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Harvest Prep by 9-16

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Harvest Prep by 17+

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Saw a tweet from Martin RPI this morning…these are the only two teams left in the state (who are still alive for the playoffs) who have BEEN to the Final Four but are winless in such games. That will end this upcoming Friday.

Both sides have really talented squads and explosive athletes which should make for a fun matchup! Whoever wins will be making their community ecstatic with their first-ever state final berth.

After watching Perry dominate against SR last night, my first thought was that was exactly the way SR dominated teams last year on the way to their first State Championship (however I believe SR used a better run/pass balance). This year, it’s hard to imagine anyone remaining being able to simply stop Perry’s ground game. That cadre of runners are monsters. I believe Harvest Prep will prove to be a stronger test than SR, but in the end the Pirates take this one fairly handily.

Haven’t seen either but heard Perry has 3 D1 commits? How big are the running backs? They a strictly running team. Also what does harvest prep have going for them? Both are obviously good but are both run heavy?

Haven’t seen either but heard Perry has 3 D1 commits? How big are the running backs? They a strictly running team. Also what does harvest prep have going for them? Both are obviously good but are both run heavy?
Their QB has at least 2 D1 offers and is only a JR. this Perry team is young too. They will return 15(13 jr) starters next year. A lot of their key bench players are young as well. Their RB/LB studio is a senior and is going to kent at as a LB. Only player I know off the top of my head for their JR class is the QB. I would say senior Richardson might be going smaller D1 cause of the athletic ability or has the offer but he is gonna go D1 for track.

perry can be a force with their passing attack but they would rather run the ball first, especially when the weather can get sloppy.

This is going to be a WWE Cage Match. Both Teams played
Solid schedules and Beat some Big Time Blue Bloods.
Hope both Teams Play their Best Game of the year.
I will take H.P. By 7. That’s if they have the ball last.

The Richards kid for Perry is going to end up at some D1 for track as a decathlete. I forget which events he ended up doing for state last year, but I've seen his name as having success in sprints, hurdles, and jumps.

The Richards kid for Perry is going to end up at some D1 for track as a decathlete. I forget which events he ended up doing for state last year, but I've seen his name as having success in sprints, hurdles, and jumps.
He won the state title in the 300 m hurdles

If perry plays sounds fundamental football they’ll win. Prep is very penalty prone having saw them against Ironton and Wheelersburg. They do have speed everywhere and didn’t threaten either team through the air. Also they have NO kicking game at all

I think this is the game I'm going to go to this week. I've been interested in seeing Perry all year. I'm predicting them vs Liberty Center in the Championship game. Admittedly, I don't know much about either team other than following scores. What is there to look out for with both teams?

I watched the Harvest Prep/Ironton game. HP is filled with athletes and speed all over their roster. Offensively they use a lot of QB Reads, Jet Sweeps, etc. Defensively they play downfield. I honestly think their offense is too one dimensional though with a real lack of passing game. Ironton shut HP out in the second half of their game. In particular they used their DE's and OLB's to attack the outside. This limited HP's Jet Sweeps and Quick Pitch plays.

Essentially, Perry sounds like their defense is phenomenal. I don't expect them to be beaten consistently enough by an offense that can't mix in some pass. My gut tells me they win this game by a couple of scores, minimum. I'll go with:

Perry 28
Harvest Prep 7

I think this is the game I'm going to go to this week. I've been interested in seeing Perry all year. I'm predicting them vs Liberty Center in the Championship game. Admittedly, I don't know much about either team other than following scores. What is there to look out for with both teams?
I’ve written about Perry before in other threads. But, the main players to look for are their QB #11, their best athlete #12, and two other RBs in #1 and #44. Their QB has a nice arm and is pretty accurate. He also has decent running ability. Their best athlete #12 lines up all over usually at WR or wildcat QB. He’s very fast. #1 is a good combination of speed and power. He runs hard. #44 is more a bruiser but has shown some ability to catch out of the backfield. They also have a productive receiver #6 who isn’t the athlete the others are but does have good chemistry with the QB and seems sure handed.

Watching from the sidelines not having been to a Perry game yet, I can only deduct from what I read on here and how they walloped and shut out the defending state champs that Perry is a juggernaut this year.

Watching from the sidelines not having been to a Perry game yet, I can only deduct from what I read on here and how they walloped and shut out the defending state champs that Perry is a juggernaut this year.
I’ve seen Perry several times and they are impressive. It is possible a team with big lines like Liberty Center could try to play bully ball. But, they’ve been stout upfront and have phenomenal athletes. It will take a great effort to beat them

Their QB has at least 2 D1 offers and is only a JR. this Perry team is young too. They will return 15(13 jr) starters next year. A lot of their key bench players are young as well. Their RB/LB studio is a senior and is going to kent at as a LB. Only player I know off the top of my head for their JR class is the QB. I would say senior Richardson might be going smaller D1 cause of the athletic ability or has the offer but he is gonna go D1 for track.

perry can be a force with their passing attack but they would rather run the ball first, especially when the weather can get sloppy.
I read an article where Perry only has 7 srs. on their roster that is quite impressive to go undefeated with just 7 srs. Hoping Gecewich comes back to Marion Local when Goodwin retires but that is just wishful thinking on my part.

They do lose some key seniors. Their tailback is outstanding (#1) and he is a senior. And their big play guy (#12) is outstanding, and he is a senior. They bring back a ton on the line + QB, but I don't think those guys grow on trees. As a SR fan, it's like losing Lindstrom and Skripac.

But, in the here and now, they're really dynamic on offense. They can attack everywhere. They're going to be a huge problem for any team.

I do think they're a little vulernable to pure bully ball running, but their LBs are really good and I think the secondary is good enough to lock down your typical D5 WR corps. So, they can commit additional resources as needed.

HP will be interesting because HP is probably the only team in D5 with the speed to play Perry. But, I just don't know how well they do at the LoS. Perry is a complete team. Really, really good.

I read an article where Perry only has 7 srs. on their roster that is quite impressive to go undefeated with just 7 srs. Hoping Gecewich comes back to Marion Local when Goodwin retires but that is just wishful thinking on my part.
Only thing I can think of that would be a reason for him to leave is if he wants an admins job. Pretty sure Perry is against HCs having admin positions. I believe that was a reason why Elder left Perry.