Dublin Jerome @ Springfield

Don't know anything about Jerome except they have a new HC.
Yeah they just got a new coach(Brett Glass) this year from a nearby school(Jonathan Alder, They made several deep runs in Division 3 at Alder) Seems like the last few years under Gecewich they have been on the up and up gradually improving most of the talent. Under Gecewich(now at Perry I believe) the offense ran a lot of Spread formations as to now under Glass they tend to run more of a run first Pro style look. I think it could be a good game between the two. If Springfield gets the ground game going early then Jerome could have a long night they tend to struggle agains't hard nosed running teams.

Yeah they just got a new coach(Brett Glass) this year from a nearby school(Jonathan Alder, They made several deep runs in Division 3 at Alder) Seems like the last few years under Gecewich they have been on the up and up gradually improving most of the talent. Under Gecewich(now at Perry I believe) the offense ran a lot of Spread formations as to now under Glass they tend to run more of a run first Pro style look. I think it could be a good game between the two. If Springfield gets the ground game going early then Jerome could have a long night they tend to struggle agains't hard nosed running teams.
SHS has really started to gel in all phases of the game. They returned all key players from the last 2 state semifinalist squads. The 1st team that went to State 2 years ago beat Jerome in the regionals. It was close the 1st half but turned into a blowout in the 3rd qtr. But, SHS's defense this year has mind-boggling stats compared to the last 2 years. Several good teams struggled to get first downs and were held to well under 100 total yards. In last year's regional championship game, they shutout Olentangy Liberty where Liberty didn't have any real chance to score.

Could be a real good game….Springfields run of late speaks for itself…Jerome has a very good staff and HC continubgb what previous Coach was establishing….hoping for a real competition good luck to both programs

Could be a real good game….Springfields run of late speaks for itself…Jerome has a very good staff and HC continubgb what previous Coach was establishing….hoping for a real competition good luck to both programs
Well, we know from the Miamisburg game, not to take anyone lightly and that SHS does have a target on their backs. Dublin generally has a good football culture and community that produces good athletes. So, I'm expecting a good competitive game.

Well, we know from the Miamisburg game, not to take anyone lightly and that SHS does have a target on their backs. Dublin generally has a good football culture and community that produces good athletes. So, I'm expecting a good competitive game.
Definitely true about the culture of Dublin, Jerome has been the odd one out early in its existence its probably been the last 4-6 years where they started to form an identity. I lean more towards springfield on this one but wouldn't be surprised if jerome won it either these two are pretty similar

Definitely true about the culture of Dublin, Jerome has been the odd one out early in its existence its probably been the last 4-6 years where they started to form an identity. I lean more towards springfield on this one but wouldn't be surprised if jerome won it either these two are pretty similar
My feeling is if SHS plays a good game, Jerome will be outmatched because SHS is a pretty senior laden, veteran squad with several 1st team all State players from last year. And, they are on a mission to return to State and get past the semifinal game. In the regional game 2 years ago, it was more competitive than what the final score indicates. Jerome moved the ball but they weren't scoring points. But, it was only 13-7 middle of the 3rd quarter. Btw, SHS is a new school and football program too that started 13 years ago. The program was in a bad place until the current HC came about 6 years ago. So, they've been establishing themselves too the last several years like Jerome.

Jerome will look to establish a run game with their running back everhardt. Great athlete. If he goes, Jerome goes. They will also look to utilize 6'5 receiver Adolph, and 6'7 TE Ezrim. Ezrim has really come along down the stretch here for Jerome and is definitely someone Springfield will need to plan for.

Outside of the Coffman and Marysville Games the defense has been solid. Not sure if they will be able contain Springfield but we shall see. Run defense has been the issue.

Jerome will look to establish a run game with their running back everhardt. Great athlete. If he goes, Jerome goes. They will also look to utilize 6'5 receiver Adolph, and 6'7 TE Ezrim. Ezrim has really come along down the stretch here for Jerome and is definitely someone Springfield will need to plan for.

Outside of the Coffman and Marysville Games the defense has been solid. Not sure if they will be able contain Springfield but we shall see. Run defense has been the issue.
Definitely agree, they've always struggled with teams that are heavy run(like marysville). I could see a back and forth matchup with springfield

Don't jinx it please! What's your prediction for the Elks? If the Elks win, what's your take on how they'll matchup with Marysville?
I don't have a good feel. If the Elks D can slow the run game down and the Elks O can score quick and build a lead, we have a chance. We need to cause some turnovers which we haven't done recently. I would like our match-up with Marysville better if we can win this one. Football, like basketball, is about match-ups and taking away what your opponents want to do. I do think the Elks have played a more difficult schedule than Whitmer, if that makes a difference.

Cal Preps has it Springfield -21. I made it 23 .
I just found the Cal Preps website - thanks for sharing. I see where the Elks is the underdog by 4 which is a fair projection.
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.14.07 AM.png

I don't have a good feel. If the Elks D can slow the run game down and the Elks O can score quick and build a lead, we have a chance. We need to cause some turnovers which we haven't done recently. I would like our match-up with Marysville better if we can win this one. Football, like basketball, is about match-ups and taking away what your opponents want to do. I do think the Elks have played a more difficult schedule than Whitmer, if that makes a difference.
I do too. I actually think Perrysburg is underrated and could be the dark horse everyone is overlooking.