Dublin Coffman 2022

Not saying the kid isn't talented, but all that video has is a bunch of extremely simple throws to WIDE open receivers and a kid who is great at running circles around other freshman kids. Surely there is some promise there, but there is a long way to go yet.
Look for a transfer to Pickerington North in the near future.

Not saying the kid isn't talented, but all that video has is a bunch of extremely simple throws to WIDE open receivers and a kid who is great at running circles around other freshman kids. Surely there is some promise there, but there is a long way to go yet.
Absolutely . Only a Freshman . Very athletic but the passing skills take time . Just a kid to watch down the line that’s all . But I have to agree that if the kid does develop well a transfer won’t be a shocker ?

Yep... Same could be said for Liberty. Their percentage took a hit from last season's results.
Thanks for sharing BG , I know you are a good historian and know the landscape and demographics of the area as well as anyone . Our politics are a bit different ? but all respect to things you’ve posted over the years on different platforms . Darby has been a class program with great consistency over the years . Coach Santa is a coach’s coach . Good luck to Darby this year

Thanks for sharing BG , I know you are a good historian and know the landscape and demographics of the area as well as anyone . Our politics are a bit different ? but all respect to things you’ve posted over the years on different platforms . Darby has been a class program with great consistency over the years . Coach Santa is a coach’s coach . Good luck to Darby this year
Neither one of us like Trump, so we share that... but yeah... I'm still right of center, and you're... well, *not*. :) Good Luck to Coffman to this year.

Look for a transfer to Pickerington North in the near future.
It won't happen unless Orange coaches mess it up. Kid and family have lived around the corner from Orange all his life and appear to be real close with the other freshman on his team as most of them played together since youth football. Schools like the Pickeringtons and from all over Ohio have been trying to lure him their direction for some time now. His 8th grade team last year averaged over 63 a game which is crazy even at that level considering they only play 8 minute quarters.

Absolutely . Only a Freshman . Very athletic but the passing skills take time . Just a kid to watch down the line that’s all . But I have to agree that if the kid does develop well a transfer won’t be a shocker ?
Well it looks like he's getting decent training considering what you stated. Oranges freshman and sophomore classes are very good, if like you said they grow as a group they should be serious Regional contenders in a couple of years.

It won't happen unless Orange coaches mess it up. Kid and family have lived around the corner from Orange all his life and appear to be real close with the other freshman on his team as most of them played together since youth football. Schools like the Pickeringtons and from all over Ohio have been trying to lure him their direction for some time now. His 8th grade team last year averaged over 63 a game which is crazy even at that level considering they only play 8 minute quarters.
Ok. But keep your eye on the AAU basketball connections and the recruiting coordinator at Pickerington North. They do a great job of promoting their program and making promises.

He is very good. Their 8th grade team didn’t average 63…they lost to big nut and liberty. They also have a freshmen wr who is very good. Orange always has athletes….there ms teams have been pretty bad the last 4-5 years…they do get some kids from Berkshire middle. I would say their freshman class is by far the strongest they have. Orange also could take advantage of move-ins. They are really the only Olentangy that has a lot of apartments within their boundary. Berlin and Tangy have zero and Liberty just has a couple.

Pickeringtonsports - You mean kinda like the way Ibi Watson went from Athens HS to Pick Central about 8 years ago? I know most of Pick Central’s kids grew up in the area but did OC get a qb from Grove City a couple of years ago? Maybe the GC kid never played or maybe he went to Pick North, I don’t fully recall the story.

He is very good. Their 8th grade team didn’t average 63…they lost to big nut and liberty. They also have a freshmen wr who is very good. Orange always has athletes….there ms teams have been pretty bad the last 4-5 years…they do get some kids from Berkshire middle. I would say their freshman class is by far the strongest they have. Orange also could take advantage of move-ins. They are really the only Olentangy that has a lot of apartments within their boundary. Berlin and Tangy have zero and Liberty just has a couple.
He went to Berkshire and they didn't lose to those teams. The 63 average quote came from a parent of course. Orange middle school though lost to both Big Walnut and Liberty as well as every other Olentangy MS and yes have been bad for a number of years but Berkshire is usually strong and Orange tends to get the majority of their impact players from that MS.

Last edited:
Ok. But keep your eye on the AAU basketball connections and the recruiting coordinator at Pickerington North. They do a great job of promoting their program and making promises.
It would have to be a really good sell, but like I said if Oranges coaches mess it up than I guess anything's possible. It seems that he's getting help in development from outside their coaching staff like Zach Harrison received when he was there.

Believe it or not but Orange doesn't get that many students from the apartments around Polaris its mostly single young professionals and empty nesters as well as students who aren't known to play American football. Rents from the apartments are at or around 2k. There is one apartment complex that goes to Olentangy yet it provides them with hardly any players consistently.

He went to Berkshire and they didn't lose to those teams. The 63 average quote came from a parent of course. Orange middle school though lost to both Big Walnut and Liberty as well as every other Olentangy MS and yes have been bad for a number of years but Berkshire is usually strong and Orange tends to get the majority of their impact players from that MS.
I work w a parent who’s kid was on 8th grade at Berkshire team last year….they lost liberty and big nut….they were close games.

Are talking 63 pts a game in football or basketball?

Rocks preview in the dispatch came out yesterday and it was interesting . As many know the kids have bought in to the intense work like crazy year round training and Coach is impressed with his kids attitudes .

He said the kids are “ actually “ working hard in practice . There was more but this is the gist . He also said he has no idea if the team is actually “ good “ doesn’t know exactly where the team is at this moment but loves that they working like the really good teams do . Culture is based on “. Work “ then a few more side orders of “ work “.

All good stuff , but I must say the “. We may be terrible “ (. Actual quote ). I just don’t know how good we are “ . It’s authentic and he probably doesn’t honestly know how they match up with some of their opponents. Just never seen this type of open musing in a preview before . He said they must get better . The defense appears better to me based on one scrimmage I saw but the offense isn’t as good as last year at this point .

Pasteur came out with his rankings and week one predictions and after taking some time off some of the predictions and rankings appear off while some are much more accurate . He expects to hit 70 percent ( winners of games ). Early on and into the 80’s by mid season .

As I thought Coffman -1 as CP had nit appeared light . Pasteur made it -8. Taking points may be the way to go . Back door at least should be open much of the game I would think .

Pick C at -32 vs. Liberty seemed heavy considering the PC offense isn’t dynamic ( O-Line is a work in progress). Louie made it -24 . PC is said to have 40 Seniors !!!

Interestingly both had Pick North -21 vs Lancaster . Good line I thought . Still inclined to lay that lumber as the Gales only have 12 Seniors and PN is kind of loaded IMO.

CO made Big Nut -7 over Hartley . Drew made it Hartley -1 . Should be a good one . Tough call .

A large disparity in the Gahanna Mason game . CP made it GL -14 which seemed fairly reasonable given the Lions talent and experience . Pasteur had it GL -1 . I would send that in fairly heavy at -1 . That’s best bet territory . Another large difference was in the Perrysburg - Jerome matchup . DJ won by two scores on the road last year up there . Louie made it DJ -5 . CP PBurg -8. I would grab the 8 most likely but I think DJ can win at home here .

I’ll use the Pasteur line again after a couple years of using the CP line . CP had UA at -26 at Burg . DP made it a more reasonable -18 . Burg lost some dudes and has a new coach . UA has some nice program momentum as they went to the final four and the JV/ Frosh teams went a combined 20-0 . They did lose 19 of 22 starters . Last years game was a one point UA win . I think they can win again but not by this much with this many new starters . If they wax them I would just shake my head and pay the man I guess .

CP had Orange -1 over Darby and Louie had Darby at -5 . Very interesting matchup actually . Lean Darby but Orange has a couple good backs and some talent . Orange wasn’t as bad as their record last year .

Only the first round of one of the best most brutal exciting couple rounds in any fight in boxing history , especially when you consider the caliber of the fighters . Gives me chills every time . A nice thing to watch to get you going thinking of heating pads popping in real games this week

I drove an hour and a half to watch that on closed circuit. Great fight !

Greatest fight I ever saw. Two all time great fighters.

“It’s tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5am when you’ve been sleeping in silk pajamas” - Marvin Hagler
NO ONE was as ALL IN and committed to doing the work necessary to be an all time great fighter like Marvin . He got up at 4 and ran the dunes( up hills ) in 6-8 mile intervals in heaviest training time the beaches of Cape Cod in heavy army boots . In all conditions . Brutal cold , heat and everything in between . His sparring work load was legendary . Dude was a freaking warrior . Hearns had the heart of a lion . Only the best of the best could stop him in his prime. Only Hagler with his unreal conditioning , iron chin and legs of steel could have withstood the bombs Hearns hit him with and still come forward . This guy did the work .

I thought Hearns beat Leonard in their last fight. Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran, Alexis Arguerro - incredible all time greats fighting one another.

Larry Holmes and Floyd Merriweather were great but they never really faced another all time great in their prime like the guys mentioned above.

Week one is always filled with the most unknowns with many teams changing in varying degrees . New coaches , some injuries not disclosed which happens all year of course .

Coach Stokes loves the changed behaviors of his year round workout warriors , the buy in . What he doesn’t know is how much better it will make them on the field .

We used to have a much better idea how the team was going to be year in and year out . These past years it’s been more murky . Good signs physically . Good signs toughness wise on defense and Tina less degree up front in offense. Not a great sign that they don’t have a clear QB 1 and the passing game is going to be a work in
Progress for a while .

Stokes not saying that the team is a lot better than last year is not a good sign . The buy in and willingness to fanatically work out is great . How does it show up on the field ? Making football plays that make a difference ? Defense won’t give up what they did last year and the opponents on average won’t be as strong . OCC central opponents won’t overwhelm them with talent . Improvements should be evident , but offensively it may be bumpy and the question is can they score enough to win a lot more games this year ? I saw a better team physically and a tougher team than I saw last year in the PC scrimmage but the offense set is a unknown really . They weren’t as good as last year . Don’t have the same level QB . New receivers .

Tonight they face a similar team from an athletic standpoint , but can the home Rocks win with emotion , strength up front and make enough plays ? QB advantage with St John’s and that has me taking the points here .

Some questions about a handful of Rocks players will be answered tonight . Some veterans who struggled at times last year will look to be much better tonight . Sobe new guys looking to make their initial mark .

St John’s. + 8. Coffman - I think the Rocks can win here but it should be a ballgame . SJ. QB will make some plays to either keep his team in it or even win it .
3 -7 point game either way ? Rocks need to contain the QB , not let the motion jet sweep package and regular sweeps hurt them . I think they will be sturdy inside Va. the run but the QB running and escaping pressure and May be hitting someone downfield for explosive plays is a worry .
Not a must win but this is as close to one as there is .

Rocks in a close one but grabbing the 8 points is probably the way to go .

Pick C -24. Liberty - These teams finally play and it’s not the ideal year for Liberty as they are off of their first losing season in 7 years . Patriots are big and physical up front on offense which is kind of their brand the last 6-7 years . They get after it in the weight room . They don’t have a lot of individual talent . Lost their best athlete to the more AAU like Pick North Panthers .

PC still has athletes and 40 Seniors . Unlike some other former CO powers the Tigers are rolling as a program with no end in sight and they have that program continuity that has ended at some other programs . Liberty is well coached and will hang in for a while but they don’t have enough offense to do it for 48 minutes.

Liberty should cover the 24 if they don’t give up the two defensive TD’s that Coffman did last week in the game like scrimmage and or give them short fields .

PC 26 - 7

Marysville -11. New Albany

Teams are different than last years teams which won almost all their games and made good runs until running into superior teams (. Springfield for MVille and UA for NA) where they got handled pretty easily .

Marysville still has their top back( Johnson ) and a stud in Colton Powers who was their leaving tackler last year . His highly decorated brother is at OSU . They are playing a lot of new guys overall and aren’t as big up front on offense . NA is strongest at LB with a very solid few coming back . Lower scoring game ? 11 is a interesting number . Home team Monarchs are well supported . They have confidence as a program now . One player was quoted as saying they may have “. Too much swagger “ . Hmm. Is Marysville now a year in and year out top few team in CO ? Humbled by an excellent Springfield team and now with many new faces going against a consistent NA program that loses a lot offensively but has some productive proud defenders and despite losing their coach have a lot of the same staff including the new HC?

Low scoring with 11 points may be just enough to grab ?

Marysville 20 NA 10

Week one is always filled with the most unknowns with many teams changing in varying degrees . New coaches , some injuries not disclosed which happens all year of course .

Coach Stokes loves the changed behaviors of his year round workout warriors , the buy in . What he doesn’t know is how much better it will make them on the field .

We used to have a much better idea how the team was going to be year in and year out . These past years it’s been more murky . Good signs physically . Good signs toughness wise on defense and Tina less degree up front in offense. Not a great sign that they don’t have a clear QB 1 and the passing game is going to be a work in
Progress for a while .

Stokes not saying that the team is a lot better than last year is not a good sign . The buy in and willingness to fanatically work out is great . How does it show up on the field ? Making football plays that make a difference ? Defense won’t give up what they did last year and the opponents on average won’t be as strong . OCC central opponents won’t overwhelm them with talent . Improvements should be evident , but offensively it may be bumpy and the question is can they score enough to win a lot more games this year ? I saw a better team physically and a tougher team than I saw last year in the PC scrimmage but the offense set is a unknown really . They weren’t as good as last year . Don’t have the same level QB . New receivers .

Tonight they face a similar team from an athletic standpoint , but can the home Rocks win with emotion , strength up front and make enough plays ? QB advantage with St John’s and that has me taking the points here .

Some questions about a handful of Rocks players will be answered tonight . Some veterans who struggled at times last year will look to be much better tonight . Sobe new guys looking to make their initial mark .

St John’s. + 8. Coffman - I think the Rocks can win here but it should be a ballgame . SJ. QB will make some plays to either keep his team in it or even win it .
3 -7 point game either way ? Rocks need to contain the QB , not let the motion jet sweep package and regular sweeps hurt them . I think they will be sturdy inside Va. the run but the QB running and escaping pressure and May be hitting someone downfield for explosive plays is a worry .
Not a must win but this is as close to one as there is .

Rocks in a close one but grabbing the 8 points is probably the way to go .
Stokes saying positive things about his team... NEVER HAPPENS..... LOL!!! Good Luck to the Rocks!!!!

Stokes saying positive things about his team... NEVER HAPPENS..... LOL!!! Good Luck to the Rocks!!!!
He was positive about the dedication to training and the kids overall attitude . I think it was more he legitimately can’t say if his team is really good or not . The talent level
Last year and this year is clearly down from what it used be for many years . Stokes isn’t coaching the previous level of playmakers they had . So I really think he doesn’t know if they will be “. Good “. Or not . May he knows and isn’t saying and the team will kick arse. ?

Gahanna -1. Mason

CP has it GL -14. Probably a better number . Mason did win by a score last season . They have done good players and this isn’t a mismatch but I think Gahanna has more than what they have had before overall . Oline is a bit bigger and stronger shoulder to shoulder . Two QBs that can play . A good RB and speed outside . A few D-1 defenders .

Gahanna gets some payback at home

Gahanna 27 Mason 14.

He was positive about the dedication to training and the kids overall attitude . I think it was more he legitimately can’t say if his team is really good or not . The talent level
Last year and this year is clearly down from what it used be for many years . Stokes isn’t coaching the previous level of playmakers they had . So I really think he doesn’t know if they will be “. Good “. Or not . May he knows and isn’t saying and the team will kick arse. ?
ther is no doubt he is positive about the boys putting in the hardwork...... and having great attitude..... he will talk about that all day long........ but in 8 years at Minster he never talked going into a season... how good they would be....