Dublin Coffman 2022

The two Westy Notth kids playing their senior seasons on Coffman road per a very good source(s) ( player and his Dad ) said the pair left die to the coaching change. Thought Coffman was a good place and a very high guarantee of having success this season . Adding these two solidifies the defense which was a bit less experienced than the offense which returns pretty much intact .

What’s interesting is that someone on here last fall linked a podcast Stokes was on where he asked why anyone would want to transfer for sports and how much more fulfilling it is to play with guys you grew up with. It was pretty obvious he was taking veiled shots at Crabby until it dawned on him that his buddy at Centeville’s starting lineup in basketball was going to have three transfers. I don’t think Crabtree was out their recruiting nor do I think Stokes is, either. It’s just the nature of today’s high school athletics.

He’s a true trailblazer. Definitely all new concepts to coaching.
I don’t think anyone is calling him a trailblazer but he’s part of the younger generation of coaches with a more intense and more embrace the grind in a more extreme way . Hard to articulate it but it’s a different era and he’s part of a newer school “ All in “ fanatical relentless mentality with all the slogans about the process . That’s all . Good coaches have been laser focused , demanding and tough on kids forever . Thought this was an interesting example of the younger version or new school if you will . Every coach has a uniqueness to his personality and this shows this

It’s July 20, doubles starting soon. Haven’t heard of any Coffman players shattering the NFL combine bench record yet, which seems odd to me in the 3rd year of a revolutionary training program.

Yes I know all the history and YOUR history and YOUR attitudes and your takes [Many chitty ones the racist bigoted old-fashioned stupid ETC. ] You act as if you know the details about everything but never talk about what got him suspended? IF you knew that story you would think it ridiculous as those with a clue do. You've brought ALL of this up many times before. By all means bring up all of what you perceive as dirt. Why would it embarrass me? Angry lonely old men act like you do I feel for you. I really do. By all means keep going. I mean it. It obviously makes you feel better to act as if you are better than others more ethical holier lmao. } I know and see what you do but think much less of it than you do. Maybe you are much more judgmental bore. Yes I know the Phipps story, MANY programs have Senior transfers, some many more over the years recently than Coffman. Some get to play only 5 games. Lie? k. Drennan being a diva has been talked about by me for years. This is news? Kid said he was hurt. Crabtree just let him not play when healthy is your take? LIE. I think you're a racist person. PERIOD. No one admits being racist so don't bother with the denial. Tread lightly? A threat? From you? Go for it. Disclose all the dirt you say you have . By all means. I'm fine with you doing it. You are so disingenuous. That and being a long-time troll denotes the chit stain of a person you are. TRUTH .

That guy posed a legit question. WAIT a minute" This guy is a Coffman fan now"?? Phony disingenuous troll.
AHM said:
I promise to not antagonize you
For my New Years resolution. But that’s three days away.

questions for you.
do you think stokes will ever miss a game because OHSAA suspends him?
do you think he will lie to his AD about a transfers residency?
do you think he will ever let a player pick and choose when and against who he plays.

We have three days until the new year. Tread lightly Harry. I have more examples and this might get very embarrassing to your glorious memories of the past 20 years. You might not like what you hear. I’m starting off easy with the public examples.

youd be smart to move on to the future Harry. But you be you and see where it goes.

Wow- Was not aware of any of those issues with the Coffman program... Is this the reason they hired Stokes in the first place?

AHM said:
I promise to not antagonize you
For my New Years resolution. But that’s three days away.

questions for you.
do you think stokes will ever miss a game because OHSAA suspends him?
do you think he will lie to his AD about a transfers residency?
do you think he will ever let a player pick and choose when and against who he plays.

We have three days until the new year. Tread lightly Harry. I have more examples and this might get very embarrassing to your glorious memories of the past 20 years. You might not like what you hear. I’m starting off easy with the public examples.

youd be smart to move on to the future Harry. But you be you and see where it goes.

Wow- Was not aware of any of those issues with the Coffman program... Is this the reason they hired Stokes in the first place?
Again, if you go waaaay back to Crabtree leaving and Coffman then hiring Stokes; you will see AHM’s complete flip-flopping with the tides of Coffman football in the Stokes era.

As I’ve asked people who may be unfamiliar with the Coffman program, do you really think Coffman football won for 20 years with a bad “culture” and rampant uncontrollable transfers? It’s counterintuitive to winning… AHM has an axe to grind.
Harry is typically defending the teams/players of the past against a narrative that has been created (largely by Stokes rhetoric) that is negative.
This opinion does not mean I think Stokes is not a good coach, quite the opposite as I’ve stated before. Which is why his approach has been odd to say the least in transitioning the program.

Again, if you go waaaay back to Crabtree leaving and Coffman then hiring Stokes; you will see AHM’s complete flip-flopping with the tides of Coffman football in the Stokes era.

As I’ve asked people who may be unfamiliar with the Coffman program, do you really think Coffman football won for 20 years with a bad “culture” and rampant uncontrollable transfers? It’s counterintuitive to winning… AHM has an axe to grind.
Harry is typically defending the teams/players of the past against a narrative that has been created (largely by Stokes rhetoric) that is negative.
This opinion does not mean I think Stokes is not a good coach, quite the opposite as I’ve stated before. Which is why his approach has been odd to say the least in transitioning the program.
Gotchya. I hope Stokes sticks around it will be good for OCC football. I look for the OCC Central title to go through UA or Coffman for the next several years if so.

Gotchya. I hope Stokes sticks around it will be good for OCC football. I look for the OCC Central title to go through UA or Coffman for the next several years if so.
Kind of the point. OCC Central (or whatever) has always gone through Davidson/Coffman. Coffman as far as winning as a program has NOT gotten any better under Stokes. That is a fact.
All coaches have different methods, and to act like Stokes is groundbreaking amongst HS coaching is comical. He’s obviously a great salesman as well!

Kind of the point. OCC Central (or whatever) has always gone through Davidson/Coffman. Coffman as far as winning as a program has NOT gotten any better under Stokes. That is a fact.
All coaches have different methods, and to act like Stokes is groundbreaking amongst HS coaching is comical. He’s obviously a great salesman as well!
You are correct in the 2000's it certainly did... Not saying the program as a whole has gotten better under Stokes nor did I say Stokes methods are groundbreaking. I am saying with the talent he inherited, numbers being down and the first season he had those who stuck it out reaped the rewards. Pretty impressive to where they are opposed to a couple years ago. Stokes is building something and I can see kids choosing to come play at Coffman for Stokes instead of Scioto or Jerome. Winners attract winners.

You are correct in the 2000's it certainly did... Not saying the program as a whole has gotten better under Stokes nor did I say Stokes methods are groundbreaking. I am saying with the talent he inherited, numbers being down and the first season he had those who stuck it out reaped the rewards. Pretty impressive to where they are opposed to a couple years ago. Stokes is building something and I can see kids choosing to come play at Coffman for Stokes instead of Scioto or Jerome. Winners attract winners.
Crabtree had Bare cupboards over the 20 year span, trust me. Worst record 6-4.

Crabtree had Barr cupboards over the 20 year span, trust me. Worst record 6-4.
Saw this older post and it sure seems to sum up the Coffman program pretty well.

WJ-OSU-STEELERS

Well-known member​

You guys have been debating this Dublin culture/toughness thing for weeks. Here is my take from an outside view of the Coffman program and I believe you have to throw in the Davidson program as well:

* Before 2000 (1970's to 2000), Dublin Coffman was a above average to good football program. Out of the 110 or so schools in Central Ohio they would have been somewhere around 20 (program wise). Not bad but not a state caliber. Hilliard Davidson program was sub 500 from 1970-ish to the 1990 but under former Coach John Sines where they a couple of nice teams and a run to the Div I State Semifinal's in 1993. This is a brief historical background of each football program.

From 2000 to 2020 (20 seasons) where Coach White and Coach Crabtree squared off:
* Coffman: 182-62, 74.59% 1 State Semifinal 2007
* Davidson: 198-58, 77.34% 2 State Championships 2006 and 2009
* Coffman was 6-13 vs Davidson during the regular season but 4-3 vs Davidson in the playoffs during this 21 year stretch
* # of RIVALS Ohio Top 50 Seniors during this 21 year stretch: Coffman 23, Davidson 4. Only schools with more Top 50 players in Ohio during this period was Glenville 44, Pickerington Central 28, Cincinnati St. Xavier 25, Trotwood Madison 24 and Massillion Washington 23

I believe the Coffman administration, 'friends' of the program and community saw the success that Davidson was having with what was determined to be 'less talented' players and asked themselves "Why"? Why isn't Coffman winning a State Title or making the semifinals more often or beating Davidson more on a regular basis? Throw in...
* The recruiting scandal that Coach Crabtree got into. It seemed to be a BS situation that I don't think was any fault of his but none the less it came down the way it did and was a bit of a black eye on the program.
* The "star" players in the last couple of teams for Coffman. The "is he playing or not" or the "why is he not playing this year" drama. Whatever it was, it isn't good for a football team/program.
* Yes, Coffman won many close/tough games over this 21 year period but how many games did they win where they were the underdog or the team that over-achieved? Going back to Davidson, it never seemed as though a underdog Coffman beat Davidson. If Coffman won, it was because they were perceived to be the far better/more talented team. Davidson won some games vs Coffman that had Harry on a 24 hour watch.

2021 to ?????
* Who knows what is in store for both programs. I think the Coffman administration/powers to be believed they needed a tough minded coach to overcome what they believed to be their shortcomings. It appears Coffman went after a coach quite a bit different that Coach White. And for the record, I do not think Coach White's teams were soft but does a kid from Davidson think he is a bit tougher than a kid from Coffman living in a $600,000+, 4000 sq foot house driving a new whip to school....... you tell me?

It will be difficult for either program to achieve the level of success that they had over the past 20 years. It's tough to get your program to be good, it's even tougher to keep it there. Being good with one coach is tough, trying to replace the coach and continue the success is even more difficult. Good luck to both teams & programs.

I wasn’t saying that you said those things. That is what some are trying to portray, like Stokes has taken Coffman to heights unseen, which is a complete farce. As stated before, the only room for “winning/accolades” improvement is essentially a State Title. Stokes is also now doing it with transfers as well? He’s smart, not going to beat the likes of St Eds and more locally Pick C year in year our w/o transfers.

I agree with the post you reposted for the most part, by WJ.