Dublin Coffman 2022

Not sure the LA Chargers should be favored by much on the road and I think Tennessee and Cincy will be a war . Tennessee with a bit of unfinished business from last years turnover fest and McPherson bombing long FG’s left and right . Tenn at Kraft keeps close as does Arizona, if not one or both winning outright . Getting more than a TD plus should help with a teaser leg.

Really nice day hitting a handful of teasers including a rare three team [Miami , KC, and Green Bay } and a few ML parlays as well. Tampa Bay choked the game away by not building on a 7 point lead with multiple possessions to do so against a bottom 5 defense giving up 4 TD's a game on average. Punted on 4th down and 2 at the 40 something yard line took a delay penalty and netted less than 20 yards in field position. Can't get two yards vs. the Browns and put the game away? Of course the Browns needed a 4th down at the 12 do or die circus catch to put it into OT but that was besides the point. Tampa playing in the worst division in football will likely make the play-offs and host a game as a mediocre team.

19-17 with 5 minutes left and 20-19 really late and then an offensive explosion late in the Jax- Baltimore game with the Ravens losing yet another close on with a lead. Arizona lost one in similar fashion by a point but along with Tennessee got there with the teaser [Both getting over a TD and Arizona covered outright} in really close competitive games. The Cinci- Tenn game was play-off like and the war we thought it would be. SF- New Orleans was a box to wire UNDER for us with 13 points scored. SF easily got there and we had them in two teaser legs. The Commanders continue to win and take care of business, albeit in less than spectacular fashion yesterday but they covered the 4.

Down the stretch in the NFL , and the games and drama continues to be as prevalent as any year I can remember { Most total games coming down to the last series if not the last plays of the game this year} GB should play Love to see what they have and Rodgers should find one last team with a better defense the last couple years of career much like Brady finding a team with much better and a deeper weapons group like he did in TB. It may not end well for the ancient old warrior, but he got his last ring and will make the play-offs again the benefit of playing in a terrible awful division. Carolina wins because the Broncos in the most overrated division ever in a pre-season preview sense is beyond bad offensively.

Fickell gets the Wisky job and excellent college coach Rhule gets the Nebraska job. Coaching in this league is really good overall, although many Bucs fans would emotionally tell you their beloved Buckeyes aren't well coached [They weren't or certainly didn't look like they were on Saturday no doubt} Rhule will improve the Huskers who got a big win at Iowa on Saturday. How high is the ceiling is the question though. If anyone can get them back to a consistent top 20 level though ,. it's this guy. NFL didn't work out but he is a damn good college coach.

Big Moe with very little passing game and a ton of penalties -Over 100 yards} had a big TOP advantage but the Springfield QB was just too good for them and was the difference. The Wildcats aren't here if that kid stays put and doesn't transfer in as a Senior. Massillon simply can't get over the hump as Hoban has beaten again [Massillon did win in 2019 over Hoban } and it is clear they are really going to have a tough time getting over the Catholic Power dynamic in D-2. Former Tiger Crable was a killer as was RB Sperling with 278 yards on 38 carries [7.3 a tote} Bloom Carroll getting to the final after their HC left for Tangy is actually a good look for the old coach. Left at a time of strength in the program and his influence is still within the players just a year after he left. Very familiar faces as usual in these state final games.

St Ed's and Springfield meet again two years in a row and I think SE gets the win again, SE is a 9 point favorite per Pasteur. Very good line . I made it 8 [7.5 if that was an option lol} Hoban and TCC was a fairly predictable final although Kings put up more than a great fight and could have won. Hoban is an 8 point favorite. I made it 10 after seeing the TCC defensive leakiness.

Bloom is getting 10 from Louie vs. Canfield, Glenville, just 13 years removed from being a D-1 school is now in D-4. They should win this week and are 10 point fav's vs Wyoming. South Range s making their first ever appearance in a state final and is a whopping 15-point choice over frequent visitor Ironton. SR eliminated old friend Bob Geciwich's Perry team 49-21 in the regional final. Good to see a good guy like Geciwich succeed, the former Jerome coach is missed around here especially by the scoreboard show guys where he was a great post-game interview. pretty good coach as well. Bloom's superior size is a very tough match-up for anyone.

We've certainly seen the Kirtland - Marion Local movie before and this year the absolutely stifling ML defense is a 10-point favorite here. They have an absurd 11 shutouts and give up a preposterous 2.2 points a game. New Bremen is an 8 point choice to beat JFK again after thrashing them in 2020 for the title.

I'm reminded of a dumbo last year thinking he was trolling me about a 'Winning" play i made about a year ago. I opined that a team I had may win the game by a certain amount, of course it didn't HAVE to win by that , it just had to cover the number . It DID, cover that number but this dumbo repeated the score that they didn't win by thinking it was a burn. He got me,, said hey they didn't win by X . This know nothing didn't understand a simple point spread and what was a win or a loss. If you think an underdog or a team you tease as a dog getting points 'may ' win and doesn't some dumbo's think it's a loss. Know nothing's will know nothing. Forget which dumb guy this was [or woman} but for some reason I thought about that idiot and that dumb post after all this time. Of course this stuff isn't something that some understand or care about, but of course we know that doesn't mean some people won't judge without any knowledge. Mocking an actual 'Win" is the ultimate know nothing move . thinking you are betting on an actual final score is kind of funny in a clueless vane.

LSU had a longer shot at making the CFB play-off going into Saturday nights' game at Texas A'm and Brian Kelly is as good as it gets in college coaching but being favored by double digits on the road even against disappointing Texas A'm seemed wrong, especially without HAVING to win to play in the conference title game. A'M was playing their last game and they balled out nicely. This was their bowl game. Nice win for us , and A'M is a whopping 17.5 point dog to mighty Georgia. Michigan is also a HUGE fav vs. Purdue, laying 16.5. Took a loss using Coastal Carolina in a teaser but really should have just left that alone because they also had little incentive to win as they were too were also in the conference title game. James Madison because of a rule that says newly minted D-1 programs aren't allowed to play in the conference title game right away. I overlooked that THIS game vs Coastal WAS their form of a title game. Pure numbers were on the side of Coastal , but Jimmy Mad was playing to make a point . You may be going to the conference title game but we'll be the real team that should be going and we will kick your butt. They poured it on for the full 60 minutes.

Does Michigan have enough in the tank to blow out Purdue this week? Or do they play like they did vs Illinois and win by a little? They may get into that final four even with a loss becuase the OSU win on the road was that huge. Of course there are some games to be played this weekend that will tell this story , or finish it.

Watching Philly run all over GB with a College / HS type offense was a case of GB being an increasingly “ soft” team in he Lafleur era . Kudos to them for scoring two times after falling behind 14-0 and kept playing for the full 60 in regulation on offense anyway and Love looked better than we saw last year in KC.

SF hasn’t allowed a second half score in five weeks ., That dog will hunt in the playoffs . Was talking about teams keeping injury need top secret but some of these teams are actually lying about who is playing : Schefter and Glazer I believe broke the news that Symien was not going to play for Fields yesterday vs. the Jets .that left the truly awful Peterman at QB . I already had the Jets in a couple plays (. Teaser and ML parlay ) but was shaking my head seeing Symien out there . Bears are playing total games with everyone and the NFL sponsors sports books which makes screwing around with information and flat out lying about things seem odd . Jets were the easy winner but the Bears are making a joke of things with this gamesmanship.

Interesting stat, Michigan had “ only “ 3 plays of 60 plus yards all season and that was against a very soft non conference slate . Then they come to the shoe and do that !!!! Wow that was bad .

Caleb Willians is the best player in CFB and will be a very good pro . He obviously wins the Heisman.

Saw that this space hit 100,000 views . Not bad considering Central Ohio is the least represented part of the state here . Most viewers don’t post like many threads , but it also includes some who were banned from posting who seem to still read every single post here . Kind of cool actually .

Colts play tonight and are on a big UNDER fin the last many weeks . Saturday is utilizing RB Taylor a lot in his first couple weeks . Player props for him must be looked at in tonight’s game with Pittsburgh. Guy I know has a potential big score coming . He is holding a Tulane to win their conference title ticket at 60-1 . It’s a 200 dollar ticket . I’ll be nervous for him watching . That’s a decent years pay for some

Last edited:
Pulling for Ironton and Southeast Ohio which is the weakest part of the state as far as football goes IMO. Minus Wheelersburg and Ironton of course. Fort Frye has become a very solid school in Washington County but cannot get over the semi final hump. No real shame there though. Kirtland and Marion Local are the undisputed kings in that division. Ironton getting 15 points is kind of sharp IMO considering the talent level they have. Some players have been pulled from neighboring districts and even across the river from Kentucky. (Ashland and Russell) They may lose but I like the 15 points.

NFL finishes were outrageous and I’m happy to win overall with the teasers all cashing and some ML stuff but what a day it could of been (. Should have?). Two tough beats with TB somehow not being able to put the game away up 7 , and the UNDER being in great shape well into TW second half in the Jax Ravens game only to see 18 scored very late ( 33 in the 4th quarter altogether ). SF under should have been challenged more as NO seemed to live in the red zone most of the day . Figured something other than “ something in the water “ explanation for the talent in Ironton . Big 10 ACC challenge tonight in CBB . Minnesota getting 14 at open seemed decent with Minnesota getting a player or two back as we get going a bit in CBB .

One tangential link between Coffman and BC: BC head coach Jeremy McKinney played four years for Mark Crabtree at FC.
BC program in good hands . Nice year after falling just short the last couple seasons . Hopefully they finish and it seems they should continue grinding on the ground road grader style

Back in town after a long holiday weekend. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

I see Mr. Crane is still bothered by some folks. I hope you "get em" Mr. Crane.

Najee Harris has been a good outlet for rookie Kenny Pickett out of the backfield , his number of catches is at 2.5 but at a higher price[- 155} I think he gets at least 3, And gets less than 63.3 yards rushing as the Colts are a good solid defense against the run. Jonathan Taylor has bene getting a lot of touches so far in the Saturday regime and should get about 20-25 carries and go over 86.5 yards. The Steelers are at the bottom of the league in yards per attempt on defense,. Parris Cambell's average of only 40 receiving yards a game is largely because Ehlinger was inserted, his last two games with Matty Ice Ryan throwing the rock he averaged 12 targets a game. He gets about 10 tonight he should go over 43.5 yards.

Last edited:
I guess someone thought I was talking about them . Usually when feelings are hurt you see activity on the troll site or the new guy who said he was leaving come back . How could I have been talking about him ? He just learned about Yappi a few weeks ago ? That troll site was made to keep talk to only Coffman football ., Yet it was never talked about at all . I last read a post there a few months ago and stopped after realizing it was just a couple guys talking about me and this space . They seem to really care about what I post and read everyone of my posts. Thanks for reading every day I guess .

Good to see Westy C and UK alum Benny Snell produce after Najee Harris went down
with an abdominal strain . Bloom kind of coming off of the rose for Jeff Saturday . Nice comeback after as bad a half of offensive football as you can imagine . Pickett improving and the Steelers who haven’t had a losing season under Tomlin are improving.

the new guy who said he was leaving come back .

Mr. Crane - maybe take a break for a bit? I won't respond directly to you for a day or two and you do the same? You seem to be particularly angry. We can revisit in a few days after you have cooled off a little bit?
I said I wouldn't respond to you directly for a day or two. That's not the same as leaving. I guess you misread or just simply hoped. Either way, I gave it a rest for a few days to see if your demeanor would change. It hasn't. No feelings hurt other than yours.

Oh....good call on Campbell's numbers. 2 catches, 14 yards and 3 targets. Guess your wagering hasn't improved. Sorry. Get 'em next time tiger.

Nice large sized win with Minnesota grabbing some points last night in CBB and a larger main play on Taylor’s rushing total ( over 82.5) after a terrible first half by Indy ( basically as bad a half of offense as any team could have ). Tonight Baylor -5.5 under 137. San Diego State - UC Irvine and Wake grabbing 6 vs. Wisconsin.

Gave it a few days to see if my demeanor would change ? Why would you care ? I have some kind of relationship with you 😂. You are who exactly? No I post something certain people think is about them , ( or their significant other troll wife 😂)? they get immediately emotional respond and go to a troll thread or a loser like you responds here . Like clockwork

Last edited:
Yes every post read and responded to by ? Look above. A poster with a troll husband or is it a wife? Whose ( let’s see if you correct who is ) the masculine pedant ?) and troll offspring 😂 (. Oldie DB. )

Last edited:
Turnovers are a huge factor as we all know in football outcomes but in the handful of games I have in college hoops tonight huge disparity’s in hoops also rear their head .,, Early game Illinois over Syracuse shows a huge margin for the Illini who we had to beat Syracuse, in a later game Baylor ( we have ) has about 20 TO’s to Marquette’s 2 and uscdown about 30 . ( a sure loss)

OSU is number 5 and needs a TCU loss orca USC loss to get a spot in the playoff ., USC is so hot and looks like a winner over Utah at first glance as Utah is pretty banged up even with guys who will play (. Star QB TE and CB all not 100 percent ) but TCU even with their huge offensive output vs a good Iowa State defense plays a team that was controlling them up front and winning before they lost their top 2 QB’s during the game . Looking at these games closely

Only one CO team playing for a state final this weekend . You would hope for a couple more . The lack of big boy Catholics like Cleveland and Cincy have lessens the odds of having a couple more as we know but it was a bit of a down year in CO . Next year should be better looking at what some solid programs have coming back .

Frustrating to hear the chatter of how Michigan dominated OSU for a second straight year . Yes the 28-3 second half was bad , but the fact that Michigan had so many big plays was more an anomaly seeing they only had three plays over 60 yards all year before Saturday . It was also an 8 point one score game with about 8 minutes left . The inexplicable two marathon distance runs by Edwards skewed the yardage totals obviously but also the perception of the proceedings . Michigan was the better team , tackled better , executed better and obviously were coaches better on this “ Day “ .

Very solid year in CFB for us with the 5-6 straight winning weeks , a few of them pretty large ones. A couple bad weeks and a few break evens = a winning year . NFL last year we had a month run that was very profitable as some out here also cashed in on . 5 weeks to go , hope to finish strong in a so far decent year . Patriots Bills is a playoff game for the Patriots who got a bit hosed on T-Day which was good for the bottom line here but an ufortunate loss , making this game a must win situation at home catching 5.5 .

Last edited:
Once again thanks to those who read and almost always respond to my every single post in this spot. I mean there isn’t anyone who I remotely go read on a very consistent basis here ever , never mind EVERY post . That’s dedication or even obsession I must say . Much appreciated to the great guys whose loyalty is approaching Ryan Bingham’s loyalty to American Airlines . Seriously that dude is always “. Up in the Air “ but that doesn’t match these awesome individuals consistency of residing at the bottom of my every post . Kudos and thanks for showing up and letting people know you’re always reading and commenting and how great of people you are . Getting closer to a full year of reading and reacting to every post . Great job guys . You’re the best .
Just started with college hoops over the weekend and off to a 11-8 start . Very light until we get closer to conference play as always and have more accurate powe ratings as sample size increases .Baylor lost by their largest margin since 2007 . Play was trend driven with coach Drew whose team is ranked 6th bring 12-2 vs Shaka Smart overall ( mainly with Texas ) and being 10-2 vs the Big East (. Over 65 percent ATS as well) and 12-4 overall in these conference “ challenge “ games also with a high ATS mark . They got way down and didn’t get back up . May be looking ahead after knowing they were too far down to come back , to the next game vs. Gonzaga .
Marquette hit just under 50 percent from three .

TCU it is speculated by some will still get in with a loss to K- State?

Last edited:
On the ESPN College show last a couple of people mentioned they believed TCU was in with a close loss to K-State. I just have a hard time giving a one loss B12 team the nod over one loss Ohio State or possibly even two loss Alabama.

TCU Schedule:
Colorado 38-13
Tarleton 59-17
SMU 42-34
#18 Oklahoma 55-24
#19 Kansas 38-31
#8 Oklahoma State 43-40, 2ot
#17 Kansas State 38-28
West Virginia 41-31
Texas Tech 34-24
#18 Texas 17-10
Baylor 29-28
Iowa State 62-14
B12 Championship vs # 10 Kansas State
*** The rankings above were at the time of the game. Currently only Kansas State #10 and Texas #20 are ranked teams

Ohio State schedule currently has wins vs Penn State #8 and Notre Dame #21; loss to UM #2
Alabama schedule currently has wins vs Miss State #24 and Texas #20; losses to Tennessee #7 and LSU #14

Part of it is the resume - who has one played and won & loss to. Part of it is the eye test, does the team look good? Example: If the Buffalo Bills were playing in college football in the MAC they would not have the resume to be a Top 5 team but they would most definitely pass the eye test.

Wish OSU had one more quality win though . No doubt in my mind they are better than TCU . USC gives up 6.5 a play to rank 110th but has a bad propensity for getting turnovers and they don’t turn it over themselves . TCU had a monster game vs. Iowa State ( Matt Campbell to UC ? ) but mostly was tooth and nail with most everyone else . Utah is well coached and did beat Oregon twice last year so they will give it a go but a key LB and CB are banged up. Dayton Dunbar RB Thomas is out and entering the draft and QB Rissing has been playing but has been hobbled so he doesn’t move as well the last month . We’ll be watching that one Friday for sure

The USC @ Utah game earlier this year was the best college game I saw this season. Great atmosphere and a exciting back & forth game. The Utah TE Dalton Kincaid was unstoppable.
* Kincaid is 6’4”, 240 senior
* 66 catches, 850 yards & 8 td’s on the season
* In the USC game he had 16 catches for 234 yards & 1 td.

Kincaid left the blowout game vs Colorado early with a reported leg injury., we know how these injury reports go though . HC TW says the news is good pertaining to his availability . Kincaid is a beast as we know and making USC prepare for him if he can’t play is an obvious move . Hopefully he can go and be a factor .??

If Kincaid can't go it will definitely hurt Utah. Three great college TE's who I believe will be successful in the NFL. I believe OSU's Stover is a intriguing NFL project since he's only played the position for one full year. Of course draft position will come down to how well they run the 40 at the combine (Bower's still has another year of college).

* Georgia Brock Bowers - 6'4", 230 Sophomore, 46 catches for 645 yards, 5 td's
* Notre Dame Michael Mayer - 6'4", 265 Senior, 67 catches for 809 yards, 9 td's - Reminds me of former ND & Cincy Elder Kyle Rudolph
* Utah Dalton Kincaid - 6’4”, 240 Senior, 66 catches for 850 yards, 8 td’s
* OSU Cade Stover - 6'4" 255 Senior, 35 catches for 399 yards, 5 td's

Bowers is a man child, and so talented. Mayer is a pro right now[And a year and a half ago may be lol} and I love Kincaid. Stover needs some more seasoning but his body, strength toughness and natural ability and competitive nature is intriguing.

Awesome weekend of football with HS title games , CFB conference title games ( a couple others ) and of course the stretch run of NFL teams trying to solidify their position in the playoffs and or just make the playoffs . World Cup isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but it’s a great events and one I’ve come to appreciate and enjoy so much the last 25 years or so , going to games and just enjoying the massive importance it plays in some’s country’s psyche and the competition and passion is off the charts . The last 20 minutes of that USA. - Iran game was all pins and needles for any of the interested . The very interested ? A greater torture.

I was somewhere in between . Anyway a great weekend of drama . HS titles win or lost , never to be forgotten by all the participants . College playoff berths in play and NFL being the NFL .

Tonight is the HS football D-2 final as usual on Thursday night . Joe Burrow was playing on this night just a half dozen or so years ( 2014) in D-3 losing to TCC in a high scoring game ( 52-49? ).

Hoban is laying 8 points here and I think they beat TCC by a couple scores .

Hobsn seems to a bit more improved and is playing at a higher level the last month.

Hoban 31. TCC 21

RIP. Gaylord Perry . One of the characters that gives baseball it’s texture of culture . Stolen signs , trash cans banged , and a pitcher with fading stuff , greasing his hair to help him throw balls towards the plate that would be harder to square up the barrel on . Emory boards , slick hair , and stealing signs . America’s pastime of getting an edge . Mr. Perry was 84 years old

Didn’t watch a lot of Hoban TCC.as I was watching the Bills handle the Patrior$ again ( line actually hit near 3 at kick from. 5.5 which made the Bills attractive as the better team ) but recorded it and am watching now. Hoban too one dimensional . Don’t know these teams well but TCC is an AAU Toledo based team who looks as if they get about 70 percent of the best athletes from that area and Hoban is probably not real.happy with that performance . Way too dependent on that back . TCC O line is ginormous , in a bit of a fatty way but enough athletes to make their job easier . Thought Hoban was better than this . Still very good , but im guessing this wasn’t a great night in terms of playing their best . TCC of course gets some credit for that . Both teams look like all star teams compared to what I watched in the OCC central this year . Obvious take but just what I am thinking