Dublin Coffman 2022

PIck North vs. Pick Central - I'm expecting a crazy game... This is the one year where if you combined the teams into one, they'd still be mediocre... Neither QB has improved. Both are ~ 6-4, 200 lbs. and LOOK like 'playas' but aren't. Big kids on the OL - none dominant. Passing games non-existent. The biggest differences are coaching, heart, character and toughness. PC > PN in all of those measures. PN has a bit more raw 'talent' though and could decide to actually play this week, so I can't see them losing by 21.

Prediction:
Pick Central 19 (three safeties, two field goals and a pick-6 & PAT)
Pick North 17
I never understand why grown adult men feel the need to degrade high school athletes on any social media platform. Maybe it makes you feel better about yourself or your own personal shortcomings. Are you willing to walk up to the PC QB and say you look like a playa but you actually suck? What about the PN QB, same question? But if your going to post insults about high school kids, at least be factual about it. To say neither of these boys have improved all season just isn’t true. The PN QB just led his team to a comeback win last week. Their main offensive weapon is injured and their o-line is also banged up.
The PC QB has to run the PC offense which is mostly designed to not put the defense in bad situations by turning the ball over. The PC QB that you think sucks has never lost a fumble in his career (going all the way back to the 7th grade) and has only thrown two interceptions this year. Rather than throwing into coverage, he pulls it down and gets positive yards. He also changes running plays at the line when the defense is aligned to stop the play and averages about 7 yards per carry. So I’m sure he’s not losing sleep over not meeting your lofty expectations.
The offense isn’t flashy and it never has been. The starting defense has given up 63 total points in 11 games which is 5.7 points per game. So it makes no sense to be flashy on offense.
I’m not sure what you do for a living but I am willing to come by your place of employment, scrutinize your performance based on my expectations and then go post about how you look like you can do your job but you actually stink. Lastly, teenage mental health is at an all time low, kids are killing themselves at an alarming rate and many who don’t are struggling with depression and anxiety. So instead of insulting two kids who I KNOW HAVE BOTH WORKED THIER BUTTS OFF, maybe just keep it to yourself. Or better yet, maybe show some appreciation for the way they carry themselves on an off the field.

I never understand why grown adult men feel the need to degrade high school athletes on any social media platform. Maybe it makes you feel better about yourself or your own personal shortcomings. Are you willing to walk up to the PC QB and say you look like a playa but you actually suck? What about the PN QB, same question? But if your going to post insults about high school kids, at least be factual about it. To say neither of these boys have improved all season just isn’t true. The PN QB just led his team to a comeback win last week. Their main offensive weapon is injured and their o-line is also banged up.
The PC QB has to run the PC offense which is mostly designed to not put the defense in bad situations by turning the ball over. The PC QB that you think sucks has never lost a fumble in his career (going all the way back to the 7th grade) and has only thrown two interceptions this year. Rather than throwing into coverage, he pulls it down and gets positive yards. He also changes running plays at the line when the defense is aligned to stop the play and averages about 7 yards per carry. So I’m sure he’s not losing sleep over not meeting your lofty expectations.
The offense isn’t flashy and it never has been. The starting defense has given up 63 total points in 11 games which is 5.7 points per game. So it makes no sense to be flashy on offense.
I’m not sure what you do for a living but I am willing to come by your place of employment, scrutinize your performance based on my expectations and then go post about how you look like you can do your job but you actually stink. Lastly, teenage mental health is at an all time low, kids are killing themselves at an alarming rate and many who don’t are struggling with depression and anxiety. So instead of insulting two kids who I KNOW HAVE BOTH WORKED THIER BUTTS OFF, maybe just keep it to yourself. Or better yet, maybe show some appreciation for the way they carry themselves on an off the field.
Come on. What Harry said was tame, and it was especially tame in comparison to what people in the stands have to say. You know it and I know it.

If you think my words on an anonymous, lightly-attended message board causes angst in the PC qb, just think how he felt when he got subbed out for a 9th grader... BTW, I never said either kid "sucked" - you did. The Pick North qb IS talented! It's so frustrating to watch a team that talented (collectively) play so poorly. Lastly, PN should not have been in a battle w/ Groveport (who lost to Lancaster!), but maybe it will springboard them back. The way PN lost to New Albany may have had a carryover effect.

If you think my words on an anonymous, lightly-attended message board causes angst in the PC qb, just think how he felt when he got subbed out for a 9th grader... BTW, I never said either kid "sucked" - you did. The Pick North qb IS talented! It's so frustrating to watch a team that talented (collectively) play so poorly. Lastly, PN should not have been in a battle w/ Groveport (who lost to Lancaster!), but maybe it will springboard them back. The way PN lost to New Albany may have had a carryover effect.
Spoken like a true expert. After the game On Friday I will introduce you to the PC QB so you can give him some pointers.

DIVISION I

First-team offenseQuarterbacks: Harrison Brewster (Olentangy Berlin) 6-1, 195, jr.; Will Cooper (Thomas Worthington) 5-9, 180, sr.; James Hayek (Upper Arlington) 6-1, 195, sr.; Matthew Papas (Grove City) 6-0, 165, jr.; Zakk Tschirhart (Dublin Jerome) 5-11, 180, sr. Running backs: Jakivion “JJ” Calip (Olentangy Orange) 6-0, 190, sr.; Diore Hubbard (Gahanna) 5-11, 185, jr.; Griffin Johnson (Marysville) 5-11, 185, sr.; Christian Manville (New Albany) 6-1, 190, sr. Receivers: Austin Koslow (Delaware) 5-9, 150, jr.; Alex Okuley (Olentangy Liberty) 6-3, 170, sr.; Joey Zalewski (Thomas Worthington) 6-3, 215, sr. Tight ends: Braden Dougherty (Dublin Coffman) 6-5, 235, sr.; Gavin Grover (Olentangy) 6-7, 235, jr. Linemen: Gavin Dabo (Grove City) 6-4, 255, jr.; Kasey Garrett (Hilliard Darby) 6-2, 230, sr.; Braeden Gray (Marysville) 6-4, 245, sr.; Justin Henry (Olentangy Berlin) 6-5, 290, sr.; Henry Rappolt (Upper Arlington) 6-1, 250, sr.; Keilan Smith (Pickerington Central) 6-4, 300, sr. Kicker: Spencer Conrad (Olentangy Berlin) 6-0, 210, jr.

First-team defenseBacks: Malik Kamara (Central Crossing) 6-0, 180, jr.; Nikeese McCollum (Delaware) 5-8, 150, sr.; Jace Ninceheiser (Groveport) 5-10, 155, jr. Linebackers: Tom Bohman (New Albany) 6-2, 230, sr.; Chris Karr (Reynoldsburg) 6-0, 195, sr.; Chidi Mabatah (New Albany) 6-2, 190, sr.; Ben Marsh (Hilliard Darby) 6-4, 240, sr.; Colton Powers (Marysville) 5-11, 190, sr.; Malik Ray (Pickerington North) 5-11, 208, sr.; Brady Sestili (Dublin Jerome) 6-3, 205, sr.; EJ Teah (Hilliard Bradley) 6-1, 195, sr.; Jaden Yates (Gahanna) 6-1, 220, sr. Linemen: Dalton Allen (Delaware) 6-2, 260, sr.; Francis Brewu (Thomas Worthington) 6-3, 250, jr.; Kamari Burns (Gahanna) 6-3, 247, sr.; Kobi Gorman (Pickerington Central) 6-3, 255, sr.; RJ Keuchler (Pickerington Central) 6-6, 260, sr.; Will Smith (Dublin Coffman) 6-3, 278, sr. Punter: Carter Holden (Dublin Jerome) 6-2, 180, jr.

• Offensive player of the year: Diore Hubbard (Gahanna)
  • Defensive player of the year: Will Smith (Dublin Coffman)
  • Coach of the year: Mike Picetti (Thomas Worthington)
Second-team offenseQuarterbacks: Bradyn Fleharty (Hilliard Bradley) 6-3, 190, jr.; Ethan Grunkemeyer (Olentangy) 6-3, 190, sr.; Jake Lowman (Delaware) 6-3, 205, jr. Running backs: Dawaun Green (Pickerington North) 6-2, 225, sr.; Javi Quimba (Hilliard Darby) 5-10, 180, sr.; Jake Struck (Olentangy Liberty) 6-0, 185, so. Receivers: Jacob Harris (Westerville Central) 6-5, 205, sr.; JJ King (Grove City) 6-0, 175, jr.; Marek Tzagournis (Dublin Jerome) 5-11, 160, sr. Tight end: Kaden Gannon (Delaware) 6-0, 206, sr. Linemen: Isaac Carter (Grove City) 6-2, 230, sr.; Jake Cook (Westerville North) 6-5, 300, so.; Ben Dehmer (New Albany) 6-4, 250, sr.; Dillon Halter (Dublin Coffman) 5-11, 280, sr.; Jonas Mann (Pickerington North) 6-7, 270, sr.; Isaac Perkins (Gahanna) 6-3, 300, sr.; Dane Wieklinski (Dublin Jerome) 6-6, 265, jr.; Kicker: Jake Walter (Hilliard Bradley) 5-9, 160, jr.

Second-team defenseBacks: Rasheem Biles (Pickerington Central) 6-2, 190, sr.; Sean Callahan (Groveport) 6-1, 165, sr.; Cayden Christopher (Pickerington North) 5-11, 183, sr.; Charlie Paxton (Upper Arlington) 5-7, 160, sr.; Romearo Wells (Gahanna) 5-11, 165, sr.; Mario Williams (Westerville Central) 6-0, 170, jr. Linebackers: Bubba Bangura (Westerville Central) 6-3, 220, sr.; Cole Dickerson (Lancaster) 6-1, 210, jr.; Logan Frye (Delaware) 6-0, 205, jr.; George Gerber (Upper Arlington) 5-11, 191, jr.; Kyle Jackowski (Olentangy Berlin) 6-0, 195, sr.; Gabe Pence (Olentangy Liberty) 6-2, 205, sr.; Caden Wilson (Hilliard Davidson) 5-11, 215, jr. Linemen: Jalen Joyce (Groveport) 5-11, 285, so.; Kyler LaRosa (Dublin Jerome) 6-3, 285, sr.; Caden Lockwood (Dublin Jerome) 6-3, 225, sr.; Christian McCartney (Marysville) 5-10, 175, sr.; Turner Schmidt (Hilliard Davidson) 6-4, 222, jr. Punter: Alex Koons (Hilliard Bradley) 5-11, 185, jr.

Special mention

Aaron Arledge (Grove City); Will Beinecke (Olentangy); Preston Bowman (Pickerington North); Keishaun Calhoun (Groveport); James Collins (New Albany); Quinn Crotty (Upper Arlington); Julian Dandridge (Hilliard Bradley); Kaleb Dotson (Hilliard Darby); Max Durbin (Newark); Brock Egan (Pickerington Central); Jack Evans (Olentangy Orange); Jake Grimm (Gahanna); Jaystin Gwinn (Westerville Central); Kolin Hendricks (Central Crossing); Derek Hole (Dublin Jerome); Christian Isaacs (Grove City); Stanley Jackson (Westerville North); Tommy Janowicz (Upper Arlington); Demetrius John (Westerville North); Jack Kendall (Olentangy Liberty); Kaedon Kline (Grove City); Rex Lahr (Pickerington North); Andrew Leech (Olentangy); Andrew Leonard (Olentangy Liberty); Payton Long (Hilliard Davidson); Angelo McCullom (Pickerington North); Luke McLoughlin (Dublin Jerome); Holden Milliken (Upper Arlington); Trevor Mills (Grove City); Jacob Morbitzer (Hilliard Bradley); Troy Mrukowski (Olentangy Liberty); Aaron Nebraska (Olentangy Berlin); Bobby Ogles (Olentangy Orange); Roman Orsinelli (New Albany); Ryan Reber (Grove City); Josh Riley (Olentangy Berlin); Dylan Rosser (New Albany); Michael Roth (Grove City); Hammond Russell (Reynoldsburg); Sawyer Sand (Delaware); Colin Schuler (New Albany); Brady Schwieterman (Hilliard Davidson); Calvin Scott (Westerville North); Kaden Seller (Hilliard Darby); Connor Smith (Thomas Worthington); Joe Spann (Reynoldsburg); David Stump (Hilliard Davidson); Wally Swiney (Upper Arlington); Ethan Tebbetts (Hilliard Bradley); JT Tompkins (Olentangy Berlin); Brennen Ward (Gahanna); Jackson Wiley (Olentangy); Gino Williams (Pickerington Central); Mason Ziegler (Olentangy Berlin).

Honorable mention

Joseph Abbiw (Pickerington North); Terrance Alexander (Pickerington Central); Thomas Andrews (Groveport); Colin Ansel (Upper Arlington); Michael Arinze-Ezirim (Dublin Jerome); Clay Blakely (Hilliard Darby); Carson Bopp (Westerville North); Jonah Brinkman (Olentangy Liberty); Aaron Britford (Groveport); Grant Burke (Pickerington North); Bryce Byrd (Olentangy Orange); Josh Codjoe (Central Crossing); Zach Corna (Upper Arlington); Oliver Cornley (Hilliard Davidson); Levi Davis (Olentangy Orange); Kaedyn Dunbar-White (Pickerington North); Evan Eichel (Olentangy Orange); Jaden Fields (Thomas Worthington); Kaden Gebhardt (Olentangy); Elijah Griffith (New Albany); Blake Hajjar (Olentangy Liberty); Blake Harper (Olentangy Liberty); Sabian Harris (New Albany); Quinn Hart (Dublin Coffman); Kody Hoffman (Lancaster); Corey Howlett (Westerville North); Cullen Hronek (Westerville Central); Brendan Keener (Hilliard Darby); Kenny Kemper (Central Crossing); Justin Kennedy (Westerville Central); Brayden Kohl (Hilliard Darby); Andrew Kreakie (Westerville Central); Lucas Kubik (Newark); Sam Lacher (Thomas Worthington); Austin Lambert (Olentangy Berlin); Troy Lane (Pickerington Central); Sean Lee (Newark); Mac Link (Hilliard Darby); Chris Louis (Pickerington North); Aiden Lowery (Dublin Jerome); Nate Maag (Olentangy Liberty); Troy Martin (Reynoldsburg); Zavion Mattox (Pickerington Central); Connor McClellan (Upper Arlington); Zach McDowell (Olentangy Orange); Steele Meister (Newark); Kendrick Mensah (Pickerington Central); Sammy Moloney (Dublin Coffman); Colin Neimeister (Hilliard Davidson); Evan Nelson (Olentangy Liberty); Josh Neri (Hilliard Darby); Jayden Phillips (Hilliard Davidson); Gunnar Richards (Lancaster); Wilson Roberts (Olentangy Liberty); Xavier Rose (Grove City); Ethan Moeller (Marysville); Michael Robinson (Groveport); Dylan Scott (Gahanna); Colin Scalise (Thomas Worthington); Dillon Schaub (New Albany); Brady Seger (Marysville); Makai Shahid (Gahanna); Jonathan Stevens (Westerville North); Cam Turner (Reynoldsburg); Amari Valerio-Hudson (Dublin Coffman); Daven White (Dublin Coffman); Jaylen White (Westerville North); Jakob Williams (Hilliard Darby); Preston Wolfe (Hilliard Bradley).

Week 12

R-3

# 4 Pick Central - 21 # 5 Pick North-

One thing that you shouldn't do is judge teams on their worst or even best performance's. It's easy to do, but when trying to figure out what may happen in a match-up it isn't going to be something to hang your hat on certainly. The disparity is team's performances week to week can be staggering. For instance, who do you think a team like Groveport -mad is? Are they the team that lost by 10 to Lancaster? Or the team that lost by one point to well respected UA and by one score to Pick C? And lost on the last play of the game to a talented Pick North team.? OK while we are here, just who is Pick North? Transitive property shows that they are a team that beat Lancaster by half a hundred, the same team that GPM LOST to by 10? So it would make sense that PN would crush GPM? Not really.

PC loads up their schedule early each year with tough teams and then plays the more JV like portion of their schedule to close the regular season and in the current 16 game format gets to beat up a team they already too to the woodshed sometimes. This year it was Central Crossing. After their close loss to Gahanna where they did get outplayed may be worse than the final score, they slept walked by Nerk and CC, before nipping GPM by a TD. The last three weeks the Tigers have won by an average margin of 40. Kind of a very light jazzercise workout. Should have less bumps and bruises than an Old maid Librarian. Are the Tigers rounding into form towards their usual standards? Not really. This isn't a great team by any means and they lost their top athlete and difference maker man y weeks ago. it's more about the competition really as the last physically formidable team they played they won by one score.

PN was seen by many as possibly the most talented team in the region. Gahanna has as much may be and is certainly more consistent after a rough start offensively. PN lost a shocking game to Westy C 42-15 in a game where everything went wrong. No matter, you can't lose by that many and they did get outplayed. Miley took over a 1-10 team and since a tough start they have been pretty damn good . Coach of the year? He gets some votes no doubt, but WC had only bene really down for one year , but they were REALLY DOWN, in Morrison's last season. Thye crush Westland and the next week fall way behind to GC before storming back to win by a TD. This team may have some heart . I still think they do actually but it's not present each week as we would find out. Lose a tough one point game to NA committing a late turnover to turn the tide. Coaches screwed that one up IMO.

Then came the Gahanna debacle as they got humiliated at home by 40 in week 10. Again say what you want [and I said a lot and a few told me of the quit they saw on the field in person in that Gahanna debacle,} but they come back and win on the last play a team that took UA to the final gun and played PC very well. Again winning on the last play shows something and they have a second chance at redeeming themselves by erasing that Gahanna loss with a fanatical effort against their rival in round two of the play-offs and likely get a shot at Gahanna , where the over used sports cliche 'redemption" would be used more than a poorly spoken interviewee utters ' you know " or Thad Mattas says UMMMMM. LOL.

I don't care who wins tbh, but I will say that I am rooting for the Pick North kids to play really hard and do well here. They got a nice bit of the stink off of them from the weak week 10 effort, but especially for the Seniors, I hope they leave it all out on the field and end their career's if they do lose with some pride. These as we know are usually on the lower score side, and this one probably is also. 21 is a large ask for PC vs. a capable team which PN certainly is if they are focused, and they will be here obviously.

Green hopefully is near 100 percent because he can make a difference despite how well they held him down in the first meeting. FG may be important along with special teams. Sold out and the night looks peaceful and mild.

PC 18 PN 13

Last edited:
Week 12

R-3

One thing that you shouldn't do is judge teams on their worst or even best performance's. It's easy to do, but when trying to figure out what may happen in a match-up it isn't going to be something to hang your hat on certainly. The disparity is team's performances week to week can be staggering. For instance, who do you think a team like Groveport -mad is? Are they the team that lost by 10 to Lancaster? Or the team that lost by one point to well respected UA and by one score to Pick C? And lost on the last play of the game to a talented Pick North team.? OK while we are here, just who is Pick North? Transitive property shows that they are a team that beat Lancaster by half a hundred, the same team that GPM LOST to by 10? So it would make sense that PN would crush GPM? Not really.

PC loads up their schedule early each year with tough teams and then plays the more JV like portion of their schedule to close the regular season and in the current 16 game format gets to beat up a team they already too to the woodshed sometimes. This year it was Central Crossing. After their close loss to Gahanna where they did get outplayed may be worse than the final score, they slept walked by Nerk and CC, before nipping GPM by a TD. The last three weeks the Tigers have won by an average margin of 40. Kind of a very light jazzercise workout. Should have less bumps and bruises than an Old maid Librarian. Are the Tigers rounding into form towards their usual standards? Not really. This isn't a great team by any means and they lost their top athlete and difference maker man y weeks ago. it's more about the competition really as the last physically formidable team they played they won by one score.

PN was seen by many as possibly the most talented team in the region. Gahanna has as much may be and is certainly more consistent after a rough start offensively. PN lost a shocking game to Westy C 42-15 in a game where everything went wrong. No matter, you can't lose by that many and they did get outplayed. Miley took over a 1-10 team and since a tough start they have been pretty damn good . Coach of the year? He gets some votes no doubt, but WC had only bene really down for one year , but they were REALLY DOWN, in Morrison's last season. Thye crush Westland and the next week fall way behind to GC before storming back to win by a TD. This team may have some heart . I still think they do actually but it's not present each week as we would find out. Lose a tough one point game to NA committing a late turnover to turn the tide. Coaches screwed that one up IMO.

Then came the Gahanna debacle as they got humiliated at home by 40 in week 10. Again say what you want [and I said a lot and a few told me of the quit they saw on the field in person in that Gahanna debacle,} but they come back and win on the last play a team that took UA to the final gun and played PC very well. Again winning on the last play shows something and they have a second chance at redeeming themselves by erasing that Gahanna loss with a fanatical effort against their rival in round two of the play-offs and likely get a shot at Gahanna , where the over used sports cliche 'redemption" would be used more than a poorly spoken interviewee utters ' you know " or Thad Mattas says UMMMMM. LOL.

I don't care who wins tbh, but I will say that I am rooting for the Pick North kids to play really hard and do well here. They got a nice bit of the stink off of them from the weak week 10 effort, but especially for the Seniors, I hope they leave it all out on the field and end their career's if they do lose with some pride. These as we know are usually on the lower score side, and this one probably is also. 21 is a large ask for PC vs. a capable team which PN certainly is if they are focused, and they will be here obviously.

Green hopefully is near 100 percent because he can make a difference despite how well they held him down in the first meeting. FG may be important along with special teams. Sold out and the night looks peaceful and mild.

PC 18 PN 13
This will be the best game in R3. PN won't be able to consistently run the ball - even if Green is back. Even without Biles, PC is still probably the best D in Central Ohio. Prediction: PC will find a way to win (ugly) by one score.

Week 12

R-3

PC 18 PN 13
Don’t forget GM took Gahanna down to they wire losing 20-13 while North lost by 40

Don’t forget GM took Gahanna down to they wire losing 20-13 while North lost by 40
Yes my point was the transitive property isn't often a great way to figure what may happen later on or in a different match-up. Gahanna didn't give up an offensive TD to GPM that week and hadn't figured things out offensively just yet.

Week 12

# 2 UA - 22 # 10 Westy Central-

Rematch , where UA won by 18 but controlled the action from the opening kick. Doubled up in yards [300 - 150} Westy C was 1-10 on third down and UA ran about 20 more plays that night. Westy C has improved at probably a higher rate since then, but UA is certainly capable of blowing them out here. That night McLellan had a monster career type night running the football, he has been out the last few weeks.

UA QB Hayek and WC QB Gwinn both average about 7 yards an attempt throwing the ball but the Sr. Hayek completes a higher percentage of his throws . Soph Gwinn is a very good runner and Hayek can get some first downs with his feet if need be.

WC has grown quite a bit under first year HC Miley the former Liberty defensive coordinator. WC is a hot team, winning three straight after losing 33-6 to Gahanna including a week 10, 10-point win vs a good New Albany club. That 33-6 loss to Gahanna is of no shame seeing the way they have played the last month and a half. Last week the Warhawks didn't run it that well vs Darby yards per carry wise , but was efficient throwing the rock playing against the Darby weakness. 14-19 - 170 . Over 8 yards an attempt. They have a good RB in the other Gwinn [Jayden} and WR Harris . They can make some plays in this match-up as WC is a better offense at this point.

Last week UA ran a lot more plays than Burg did in that rout, but they averaged less than 5 yards a play. I think Miley will have a few wrinkles that may slow down UA just a bit and making the chances of a blowout just a bit less. UA is off of a nice streak themselves, after losing that tough one at home vs Liberty beating Coffman, Davidson and routing Burg. But the value is on the Warhawks. If they play a fairly clean game and play the way they have the last few weeks especially they can hang in here.

UA 28 Westy C 13

Last edited:
Week 12

# 3 New Albany - 13 # 11 Davidson -

Really sharp number . Good match-up of heavy running teams. HD may have to pass a bit more this week as New Albany strength is run defense. They did a nice job vs. the run in both the 16-15-win vs PN and that surprising loss to WC giving up under 4 yards a carry. They got hurt in the pass game giving up 8.5 yards an attempt. Davidson isn't good at throwing really. Not efficient and not precise. Davidson has Grove City's number and knows how to keep them out of the end zone. GC isn't anything like this club. Davidson got 5 yards a play vs GC and that will surely go down this week. Davidson has a - 18-point differential the last month or so. Davidson average margin of victory in their wins if you take out week one's game vs. a down 2-7 Walnut Ridge program [37-12} is a little over 6 points a game. Their average margin of defeat this year is 13 points. Hmm that's this line . 31-0 to Northmont who throws it well skews the margin a bit.

Clock will move swiftly and for that reason along with trusting the HD coaching staff to do a good job preparing, and this line is as sharp as any this week really so I wouldn't touch it for real , but I'll grab the points thinking it will fall right near this line. HD kicker can get it there from distance

NA 21 HD 10

Central beat North 28-20 in the only close game of the four in R3 tonight. Difference being a bad snap on a punt for North that Central recovered for a TD and then a missed xp on one of Panthers Td’s…at least they played their butts off and went down swinging, but u can’t make those errors and expect to win games like these……won’t happen……

@Pickeringtonsports The Pick Central/ Pick North was one of the better games I’ve seen in a long time. Kids played their hearts out on both sides. Both qbs played their asses off. I’ll eat crow here, both qbs made great plays. Hats off to the respect shown by both teams and coaches.
PN qb stepped up and made big time throws…. I can only imagine if the PC qb played in a Coastal Carolina type scheme with all those athletes.

Record breaking temps, beautiful football weather as the idea that Ohio is a cold weather football state becomes more inaccurate each year it seems. Yes, by early December that could change but the large majority of football played within this state especially in HS football is played in comfortable weather.

Last night was no exception as we are now onto the rounds of 16. Speaking of weather high winds has always been a huge factor in handicapping football games and the Midwest will feature warmer temps but higher winds? Last night in Seattle the game between Wash- Oregon State was forecasted to have higher winds so the total dropped about 5-6 points, gusts near 40 MPH? Metrics showed this as a dead OVER in normal conditions but even getting it at 55.5 [Hit 54 eventually} seemed like a good value UNDER considering the passing game was surely going to be affected and Washington is a really efficient and productive passing team. 24-21 final and an good under cashed.

Today in Evanston for the Buckeyes NW game similar high winds are forecasted and we know under perfect conditions this year's edition of the Wildcats can't move the ball well. Today? I think it will be almost futile. Got 56 a couple days ago and hit it . Bucks are 38-point favs, they could cover it if they pretty much shot out this club. They can still run it a majority and put up a ton of points, but I think it stays under this total. Purdue - Iowa could see similar conditions and on Tuesday the total was 42. got it there and it has dropped a couple points. Iowa defense is pretty good and did a decent job for portions of the game vs OSU. I like them to play well here, and we know their offense is anemic. Army - AF being played in Arlington Texas has a total of 41 at this moment. Game kicks off at 1130 Am. We know the trend of the service academy UNDERS when playing each other, [85 percent} Not going to go against that trend today and if you can get Army getting the 7.5 it's probably worth a look. Navy - AF game stayed well UNDER for us earlier in the season and Navy covered the spread easily as well getting 2 TD's and losing by 3.

Another early kick that looks pretty ripe is Texas A'm over Florida . Both teams struggling and A'M probably more so, losing 4 straight, but they actually looked pretty good offensively vs Ole Miss and although we were happy with the result of the total and Ole Miss winning at the end of the contest , Weigman the A'M QB threw for over 300 and that bodes well today confidence wise vs. the suspect Gators defense. Florida may be running a bit low gas tank wise having gone to the mat vs resurgent LSU two weeks ago losing by 10 and then getting up emotionally high for the Cocktail party game vs. rival Georgia last week losing by 20 plus again giving up over 40 points. They may not give up 40+ today but A'M won't have to score that many to cover the 2.5 here.

Really tough night for the Bears in Perrysburg, they unfortunately never got off the bus. Everything from tackling to playcalling was just completely off and before you even had a chance to blink it was 17-0 and you could tell the game was over because Perrysburg prepared well for Berlin's run plays and Berlin's QB had one of his standard outings where every other ball was not even put in a place where it could be attempted to be caught.

it was 24-0 before Berlin finally got a 1st down with a min left in the half. Some good coaching adjustments at halftime cleaned things up a bit, but Perrysburg also took foot off gas and still held when it mattered.

Perrysburg's line man-handled the Bears undersized 3 man d front and the LBs had just an awful night making tackles. There were in position, made contact, but did not wrap and Perrysburgs RB is exceptional and just wormed out of several scrums to break TDs and long runs. And as is usual, QB looked like Elway back there, completing every pass against Berlin.

Next week's matchup should be much better, Liberty is clearly playing very well now and I think their defense matches up with Perrysburg a little better than Berlin did and Liberty's QB is a much better thrower. But Perrysburg should definitely win this game, their team played like a machine, no penalties (some should have been called, but oh well), turnovers, or wasted plays, unlike Berlin who was taking near-zero chance pass routes on first downs and killing their drives. The have big line players and above avg skill players, and their RB is definitely playing college ball somewhere.

PC- PN lived up to the hype and was an easy call to be seen as a closer game but other than a couple of the games being fairly tight for a while, there was little to no drama in R-2 and R-3.

Liberty as we thought would win at Jerome, but it was a bit easier than I thought as Liberty had more passing yards than Jerome had total yards. 263- 232. Jerome had no success running the rock at all. Liberty took that away and they did give up a big pass play and some yards, but they completed pretty much every pass [23-27} and were in control most of the way winning by two TD's.

I was just wrong about Berlin as like last year they got overwhelmed in bowing out of the play-offs and I didn't see that one coming either. How bad was it? El Daud can give us a good account I am sure, but the numbers surely aren't fibbing. P-Burg ran 65 plays to only 41 for Berlin. 324 total yards to 168. P-Burg stud back ran for a smidge under 7 yards a pop [ 27- 180} the Bears passing attack couldn't counterattack the huge rushing disparity [272 - 72} as they only threw for 12 more yards [96- 84}. The Yellow Jackets held Berlin's Brewster pretty well in check rushing giving up 47 yards on 10 carries. 24-8 final.

P-Burg can beat Liberty IF they play that way, although I am sure Liberty defensive coaches will have something in place to hold the Walendzak to closer to 5 a carry than 7 and closer to 100 yards than 200 . P-Burg will have to prepare for a much better passing attack than they saw last night, that is for sure. Conversely the Patriots will see a better rushing attack next week than they had to stop this week.

Marysville as we thought would cover the 24 a game if available, we would have bet with both hands possibly, but they were right there late third quarter within 3. Elks scored on a pass play, a pick 6 and even a 55 yard FG, that broke Mike Nugent's [NOOOOGE} previous school record of 52 yards. Young back-up QB only threw for 86 yards on 10 completions but ran for 121 to help the cause.

Springfield got revenge on Fairmont winning 21-0 , after a lackluster effort vs. Orange the week before according to Sweet Mo Douglass . Springfield hammered C-Ville by 4 TD's and they should have little problem next week wining somewhat comfortably.

I had thought I had posted my thoughts on the Bradley- Gahanna game and it went pretty close to how I thought it would, including zero run game for the Jags and the Lions could pin their ears back get after Fleharty and probably get a pick or two. Bradley would not be able to stop the run and the game be a no doubter. All true. 338- 87 in yards from scrimmage , 205 rushing yards to gulp" 14" , 4-0 turnover margin Gahanna's way with THREE picks and one returned for a score. Ugly. Lyle Lovett ugly.

New Albany has been a difficult team to get an accurate bead on , as they are awesome some of the time, MEH some of the time and they couldn't score at all vs Liberty. Shut out Marysville 35-0 . Lost in week 10 at Westy C. I wrongly thought Davidson was going to be in the game for a while. this is the kind of beatdown at this stage of the play-offs that Davidson once patented. Now the number of plays was low as we thought and NA had a very slim margin, BUT they ran 39 times for 308 yards , numbers Davidson used to inflict on defenses making it a very loooong night for them. The Cats only mustered 97 yards rushing on 36 attempts. YIKES . Both teams attempted 7 throws. NA even bested HD in this area gaining 109 through the air to only 54 for HD. Cats were 3-15 on third down and 0-3 on 4th. NA didn't attempt a 4th down offensive play but was a respectable 5-10 on 3rd down.

Westerville Central came in pretty warm and playing well , beating New Albany in week 10 and eliminating Darby last week. Pretty much laid a brontosaurus burger last night as they committed 6 turnovers including 5 picks and got shut out 31-0. UA ran 13 more plays gaining 323 yards to 168 for WC. Warhawks did a nice job vs. the run giving up a smidge over 3 yards a pop, but couldn't pass the ball [6-18 for a paltry 54 yards and FIVE INT's} and couldn't defend the pass well. [22-29 226 YARDS} . WC was an awful 1-9 on 3rd down and 0-1 on 4th. UA was 5-12 on 3rd .

First thought on next week's rematch vs NA at this stage of the proceedings is NA is a bit better . Could change with further analysis.

PC- PN I watched portions of live and then rewatched a few portions on tape as it was on TV. PC was the better team. A little more disciplined and buttoned up , with a slightly better defense. PC averaged 6.6 yards a play which was a bit better than PN's 6.1. PC gave up two long strikes for TD's which negated the large rushing advantage PC had. PC ran 45 times for 255 yards as opposed to PN's 58 yards on 24 tries. O'Connell showed some of his promise completing 14 -22 for 226. 10 yards an attempt usually gets it done at this level, BUT the rushing disparity adn that free TD with the snap over the head told the biggest story. third down efficiency was basically even as PN WAS 4-12 and PC was 4-13 , but another difference making dynamic was PC converting 3-4 on 4th down with Wallace using his hiccupity quickness to make key ones down the stretch. Gahanna by a TD at first thought in next weeks Game of the week .

Cancelling out the A'M play as A'M has just too many questionable players with a large Flu outbreak at the school including the QB. Line has dropped a point and a half the last hour.

College teasers are often perilous, but a few legs that can be possibly utilized are North Carolina , TCU , getting DOWN under a FG ,Iowa State as well. dogs Stanford K-State and Michigan State getting up over some key numbers. Got UNDER 46.5 in another possible wind affected game in Cincinnati playing Navy, [ Now 44.5-45} . OVER 60 in the Memphis -CFU game with CFU back-up playing , but he was pretty good for us last week coming in after QB-1 got hurt and still got us there vs Cincinnati. Memphis defense is MEH on a good day and they can throw it a bit and they run a lot of plays at a fast pace.

Arkansas - Liberty OVER 61.5 Ark should score low 40's without much resistance, and Liberty can chip in 20 or so? Hopefully. Pitt - 3.3-4 can be used with another team on the ML , but look pretty good to win here and cover the small spot, as Syracuse is emotionally if not physically drained off of two physical tough losses to Clemson and ND , kind of fading and could have QB issues.

Speaking of Notre Dame , Clemson comes to town and getting the early 3 was great for many , it is also in good ML parlay territory as they should have enough defense vs. a ND team that should have trouble throwing on them. Getting the 47 on Tuesday was ideal but again it should be plenty windy tonight in South Bend and ND may not be able to run well either, Clemson offense has been MEH for a lot of the season, good but hardly explosive.

Kansas + 1.5 was a good teaser leg but it's moved to KU at pick or erven - 1 , OSU finally totally cracked on defense and their veteran QB Sanders hasn't practices it is rumored adn they don't really have a legit back-up who can off-set this defense that has totally regressed this year. KU needs to win to ensure bowl eligibility which is a huge thing for that program. OSU back-up is Gunnar Gundy m the coach's son [ I'm a man , I'm 40 !!! go look up that clip on you tube, it will be worth your while, right up there, with the classics, Mora's 'Plaaaayofffss" and Herm's " You play to win the gaaaaameee" rants.

Some have asked about the biggest game of the day UGA -TENN. and the big money came in on the dog as in “ public “ money . It stayed at 8 despite this . I had it at 10.5 -11 so grabbed the minus 8 with the better oversell team UGA . Teaser leg as well . It’s 9 now . Georgia best defensive player out and UT dues have the better QB but IGA offense is about as good overall . People overlook this sometimes .

Midwest and some further west ( Nebraska ) wind UNDERS bet mid week at better numbers somewhat blindly (. Patters can change sometimes you n a few days ). Are mostly looking really good . Grabbing some points as well although not with Northwestern unfortunately which is a lock . Wisconsin -MD Iowa - Purdue and Nebraska - Minn look
good but not that good . OSU game even has sideways rain . Northwestern shouldn’t score again and OSU probably only scores 10-14 ? And escapes .

OVER 63 La Tech - Middle Tennessee , under heavy today but a few overs are looking . As weather is more conducive to being able to throw it more efficiently if not accurately . These teams will snap it quicker than we have seen it in the early games. 😆

Alabama is dead, Tennessee was exposed a bit against a top defense [Bama is not that as it turns out, lost that futures bet but have hedged against them including yesterday with LSU , IN A GREAT GREAT GAME!!}, OSU survived in a game they got outplayed in snap for snap in a wind tunnel that will be remembered for a long time. Couldn't pay me to go to that game. Fans looked miserable and the game was beyond choppy. Stroud finally keeping on the zone read was good to see and completely necessary as it turned out. We hit a ton of totals , and a ton of plays overall for another really nice day. Georgia 1 OSU 2 Michigan 3 ? Whose 4 this week ? TCU ? Not many days come about where you can hammer a bunch of Unders en masse and we were fortunate to hit a few OVERS as well . Big Swing and a miss on the ND -Clemson game , ND looks like a inconsistent team that plays right to the competition they are playing against and that isn't a good sign Marcus. he is learning to coach, but his team has been wilidly ionconsistent. Clemson was a bit of a fraud as we have learned slowly but surely and the exlmation point was made last night. They may lose another one .

Pasteur lines out in Reg. Semi's

R-1

St Ed's -29 Iggy

Medina - 11 Mentor

R-2

Perrysburg - 3 Liberty

Springfield - 18 Centerville

R-3

Gahanna - 5 Pick Central

UA - 9 New Albany

R-4

Moeller - 24 Mason

Lakota West - 11 Elder

Lakota W and Moeller on a collison course, should be a really good one Gahanna needs to get this this year while they are the best team. New Albany can win if the good NA shows up , but UA is a hard team to go against, so sound and more consistent. Lost top RB a few weeks ago and now QB-1. Didn't miss a beat vs Westy C , but the 6 turnovers won't happen this week.
Perrysburg has their best team since being a D-1 team and the competition this year isn't as stiff overall so they can certainly beat Liberty here but again the patriots have been a tough team to go against in the play-offs for most good teams, they haven't been state level really but this one will be a really close one most likely. Springfield will roll. Ed's will name the score , Medina and Mentor ? No idea .

NFL card is tight,, played some early in the week as always , finalizing the card .

Week 9 in the NFL and many usual suspects and explosive offenses have sputtered through the league. Rams Bucs Packers to name three really notable cases. Points are down overall and as I have mentioned , I think teams giving up FG tries and missing 4th down tries is helping. The aforementioned teams have some injury and personnel issues that are hindering them. A few Unders looked good early week.

Buffalo - Jets Under 46.5 - Bills are scary so it's never easy to go UNDER on them but they are a good bet playing under many weeks . Jets offense is a mess against solid defenses and should have trouble moving it at all today. the problem is Wilson may throw a pick 6 or turni it over a few times setting up the Bills offense in good field position. Still see a 28- 13 type game . Jets defense is good, and competes well .

LA Chargers - Falcons Under 49.5 - Falcs run the ball ALOT . Chargers aren't great stopping it so that's the risk, BUT the clock should run , the
Chargers are missing a couple weapons outside this week [Allen, most notably} and an ugly game may result. Total a few points high.

Monday Night

Ravens - Saints - Under 48.5 - Saints are scoring points now so a bit dicey , but Saints getting healthier on defense and the ravens are banged up, another uglier game?

Potential Teaser legs

Cincinnati - 7 - Carolina Can't see them losing the game under pretty much any circumstance
Seattle + 2 at Arizona - Seattle matches up very well and Arizona isn't great at home- Should be a very competitive game and getting the Hawks to over a TD looks valuable.
NE - 5.5 Indy - using New England in ML parlay as they should win but the 5.5 with a MEH offense even with Ehlinger not being ready yet to go on the road and win , seems a bit too much.

Bears + 4.5 - Miami - Dolphins - Bears can hang here but their margin for error is really small, Cowboys did what they wanted to which was scary but the Bears can run the football and Fields is getting better.

Saints + 2 Ravens- Another game that should be a close down to the last few possessions type game.
Falcons + 3 - Chargers,. - run the ball , run some more and then again .

Straight
Bucs - 2.5 over Rams- Bucs are at home and slightly less of a mess I think - Draw a line in the sand game for Tampa today. Getting healthier and Cupp probably not at or close to 100 percent today. Why was he in the game in garbage time last week? Rams not handling great success really well this season. Bad luck with injuries and players moving on [retiring } as well but can't see them going on the road and winking here. Humidity? If they bag a win , I'll pay the man .

Vikings - 3 at Wash - Commando's [yes I know , it's purposeful} are hot all of a sudden , but it's a bit of smoke and some side mirrors. Vikes have been luckier than a leprechaun themselves, and it should continue today in a good fundamental match-up for them. Taylor 'The Green Hornet " Heineken" has bene a breath of lucky fresh air no doubt [Grene Hornets, was a nickname some back in the day gave Heineken beer}

Been a very good last few weeks and a good season overall as we hit mid-season in the NFL and head to the home stretch in CFB. HS heads to week 13 and as usual many of the usual suspects dot the sweet 16 round. One kind of blind total that had to be played in CFB. SMU coming off the largest combined point total ever amassed in a CFB game vs, Houston , SMU now plays SO Florida who gives up 7.5 a play and in their last 5 games gives up an average of 43 points. This total is 72, and SMU just covered that by themselves vs Houston. SMU gets to 50 at least and SO Florida scores low 20's? Spread is 17.5 . OVER even at 72 offers some solid value. Georgia beating Tennessee was a nice win for us , but they kind of dawdled around in the second half and the back door was ajar late. They held on and got the cover in a game that wasn't as close as the score suggested.

Week 13

Perrysburg - 3 Olentangy Liberty - At Fostoria.

Pretty interesting match-up of teams with a few common opponents' and strengths the other team will have to deal with. P-Burg played Jerome in week one in a very competitive and even match-up. Jerome and Liberty met last week with Liberty controlling the action most of the way. Jerome was a healthier team in week one, but they got their back McLaughlin back adn the Patriots did a really nice job corralling him. In week one he got 140 yards vs P-Burg. Long time ago of course. Against good solid teams with a passing attack or efficient offense P-Burg gave up 25 a game and about 5.7 to 6 yards a play. Two weeks after Coffman shut down St Johns Jesuit in a week one winning 14-7, SJJ scored 41 on P-Burg gaining 400 yards two weeks later. QB runs and some passing yardage. Gave up 6 yards a play to Anthony Wayne.

Liberty played a much tougher schedule overall, That doesn't mean they are better. I saw Liberty look completely ordinary in a 14-9 loss to Coffman, but they have wins over two teams who are still playing in D-1 [Each other} New Albany 27-0 and a late comeback from 2 TD's down and won in OT vs Upper Arlington [28-27}. Berlin lost to Liberty in a competitive game and we saw P-Burg dominate the action last week vs Berlin. Liberty was equally impressive last week vs Jerome, completing 22-27 and gained 10 yards per attempt. P-Burg has an excellent RB Waldenzak who was able to rip through the Berlin line and get some momentum before getting hit in the second level. I think Liberty does a better job than Berlin at getting some hats and hands on him before he gets running downhill more often. QB can run some and Liberty will have to keep him from gaining chunk yards.

The Liberty passing game is what P-Burg will have to have a plan for. Liberty is banged up at RB and isn't a strong running team in terms of yards per attempt, but they like to stick with it if they can set up things downfield. I think I underestimated Liberty's athletes out wide based on the Coffman game which was underwhelming. They have some kids who can make some plays downfield and the first year QB gets the ball out pretty well. I trust Hale and the staff to get the kids in position to make some plays and stay really close and then try to win it through the air in the second half.

Go either way game where I will take the 3 points in what could be a razor close finish. The Whitmer's and Perrysburg's haven't had great success going against the Liberty's and Coffman's in the past in the round of 16, but this is a game they can better compete well in and are favorites for a reason. those Liberty and Coffman teams were better than this Liberty edition.

Come down to a kick ?

Liberty 23 - P-Burg 20

Last edited:
NFL play that looks good situationally and the weather favors one team over another/

Chicago - 2.5 over Detroit- Goff in colder weather is a disaster, and the Lions may let down after their big win vs GB where they didn't really do anything really well besides catch it when Rodgers threw it to them in the red zone. Gave up 400 yards to an average struggling Packers offense but Rodgers who has the best all time TD to INT ratio in NFL history, inexplicably threw a couple horrible passes in the red zone and the Packers were as most teams are loathe to take points via the FG and we see what happens to more teams than most it seems. The could really use those points at the end of the game in a lot of these close losses. Bears are finding an offense and Fields is dangerous running and should be again vs. one of the worst couple of defenses in the league.