Dover Tornadoes @ Steubenville Big Red Week 8

As for tonight’s game, Dover controlled the line on both sides of the ball. Give Dover’s “D-line” some props, stopped counting how many times they pushed the Center backwards causing BR’s Qb to trip or fall to ground. Dover lived on BR’s side of the field all night long & BR didn’t have a answer for stopping Dover’s passing game.

Dover is pretty darn young this year. Dover has the QB for next year.. No way can they change up or go back now.. the D is very young.. Dover needs to work with the old QB on being a good WR. Tall athletic kid teach him how to catch. No way can they switch back to him at QB. Make him a stud wide out. And let TC be starting Qb the rest of this year and next year..

#GODOVER

Big Red will be fine. They are a power house.. well coached tough nose kids.. Good luck Next year. You guys are a tough match up for anyone at any time in the state..

Asking Steubenville Fans? Who was better Qb? First time around or the kid that just played?

Dover is pretty darn young this year. Dover has the QB for next year.. No way can they change up or go back now.. the D is very young.. Dover needs to work with the old QB on being a good WR. Tall athletic kid teach him how to catch. No way can they switch back to him at QB. Make him a stud wide out. And let TC be starting Qb the rest of this year and next year..

#GODOVER

Big Red will be fine. They are a power house.. well coached tough nose kids.. Good luck Next year. You guys are a tough match up for anyone at any time in the state..

Asking Steubenville Fans? Who was better Qb? First time around or the kid that just played?
I think 7 gives more variety to play calling. Dover was able to call more QB runs with the QB last night than the first game.

Great win for Dover! Always nice to see a "local" team go down to Death Valley and put it on the Big Red. Best of luck to the Tornados the rest of the way.

Steubenville’s back up QB is just as good or bad as the starter but he wasn’t family. The back up couldn’t have been any worse. Fumble , trip over the center, interception .In a normal year Steubenville might not even have made the playoffs. Might be time for a new defensive backfield coach also.

QB Magnone from Weir, state Title, Busic from Weir,State Title. QB Girlardi from Wellsburg, State Title. After the Rape Scandal see movie " Roll Red Roll ", the OHSAA been watching closely. Steubenville couldn't have those titles without those out of state kids. Da Red been getting out of state and districts for over 70 years. Their last state title QB from Bellaire.

Antonio Magnone didn't win a state title...

So them going on the road against Mooney (although not good this year), New Philly/Dover (every year), Fitch, was going to play Wheeling Park away. Them all so playing ranked teams from out of state. The only weak part of their schedule is in the middle of the season or week one to play Canada or a PA team because of not being in a conference. I think they should join a conference but the closest one for them is in Youngstown an hour away. It’s not that far but those teams already have solid conferences that wouldn’t need to add Steubenville.
Due to travel distance Steubenville's only hope is to be in a football only conference. Dover, NP, Louisville, Boardman, Canfield , Fitch, Warren and Big Red and you get a 3 team D2 and 5 team D3 conference.

Never seen Girlardi or heard of BR having a Qb by that name, must have played years before my time. Like someone else stated the other 2 starting attending BR at the Jr high level. With open enrollment, the drive from Weirton to Steubenville is 10 minutes or less.
Someone has a real axe to grind with Steubenville Big Red. Not sure where all this misplaced anger is coming from. I also, have never heard of a QB named Gilardi. QB Antonio Magnone, although a very good player did NOT play on a title team. Mr. or Ms Thompson needs to take his/her misinformation somewhere else.

Someone has a real axe to grind with Steubenville Big Red. Not sure where all this misplaced anger is coming from. I also, have never heard of a QB named Gilardi. QB Antonio Magnone, although a very good player did NOT play on a title team. Mr. or Ms Thompson needs to take his/her misinformation somewhere else.

He's lost...Maple_City_Fan must have been feeding him his info

It's not an out of state tomato can.

Ok, let’s play this game:
Most of those out of state teams that come in have tremendous amount of talent. Let’s list a few:

Buffalo St. Joes when they had Chad Kelley
Inkster when they had Devon Gardner
D.C St.Johns had multiple D1 players including Tyree Johnson who plays for Texas A&M
Delaware Salesianum multiple D1 players
Penn Hills had multiple

That is just to name a few

Obviously these people don’t speak for Dover fans. We have total respect for Big Red and when we are fortunate enough to get a win (looks like about every 10 years) we celebrate it!!

That doesn’t change the fact that Big Red has owned this series and it’s always a good, hard hitting game for both schools. This makes total sense for both teams to play each other yearly.

Ok, let’s play this game:
Most of those out of state teams that come in have tremendous amount of talent. Let’s list a few:

Buffalo St. Joes when they had Chad Kelley
Inkster when they had Devon Gardner
D.C St.Johns had multiple D1 players including Tyree Johnson who plays for Texas A&M
Delaware Salesianum multiple D1 players
Penn Hills had multiple

That is just to name a few

..........Buffalo St. Joes when they had Naaman Roosevelt in 2005. Great game.

I use to wonder just how good those out of state teams were, well Buffalo St. Francis brought the best offense I have ever seen in Crater stadium last year,touchdowns on every possession except at the half and end of game.

We aren't pimping the heck out of Devon Gardner are we?
Gardner might have been the best QB Big Red has played in the past 25 years. He was a lot better than your boy from Shelby (can’t remember his name now) who they played in 2016 and 2017. All of those running clocks that he had against the likes of Huron and Willard, yet he struggled to get a first down in the second half of the 2017 game. It’s fair to wonder if those “out of state tomato cans” prepared Big Red more for that game than Norwalk prepared Shelby for that game.

Why would Big Red drop Dover???? That’s Dover’s first win against us in 10 years. Who’s dominating who?

Dover fans, I’m not knocking you never would. Just trying to shut this guy up. Everyone knows the tremendous amount of respect I have for Coach Ifft and the Dover program

Have these people are not Dover fans. They just trying to wind u up. Ignore. Dover respects Big Red and I’m pretty sure both coaches know they will get each other’s best. Plus they are great friends and have respect for each other.