Dover Basketball 2021-22

Earlier in this thread I said this might be one of Bobby V's top five teams all time. Now I think it's in the top two. Dover basketball is just schooling these teams. If they were in D2 they would be going to the final 4
Not a lot of Dover teams are beating that #1 Morgantown squad like that, I agree

West Virginia basketball is just terrible. That's why Huggins must go out of state to get players at WV

Parkersburg South will be the 4th consecutive top 10 team Dover plays. Preview has Parkersburg South beating Dover 77-63.
Weird, Dovers been whomping teams left and right, surprised the preview has them losing by double digits. I guess we will see tomorrow night

Here's Parkersburg South last four games they played,the same teams Dover has played also
A Jan 28 Wheeling Park W 82-63
A Jan 29 Warren Local. W 62-58
A Feb1. Morgantown. L 54-85
A Feb 8. Huntington. W 77-67

Weird, Dovers been whomping teams left and right, surprised the preview has them losing by double digits. I guess we will see tomorrow night
Preview has them losing by double digits probably because #2 won’t have another lucky 40 point game. They got very lucky against Morgantown. They are not as good as you think.

Preview has them losing by double digits probably because #2 won’t have another lucky 40 point game. They got very lucky against Morgantown. They are not as good as you think.
How much luck does it take for Morgantown to stop #2 from scoring. One guy and they couldn't stop him. that must of been luck or maybe ineptitude. I seem to think it's the latter. Dover showed Morgantown how to play basketball.

Last edited:
TC had 33 points in 2 quarters, I have to think that is a record if that type of record is kept. I have watched HS basketball since 1969 and have never seen anything like it against a quality opponent and Morgantown is a talented team.

TC had 33 points in 2 quarters, I have to think that is a record if that type of record is kept. I have watched HS basketball since 1969 and have never seen anything like it against a quality opponent and Morgantown is a talented team
If They were that talented there's no way you get blown out that easily. Overrated.

Dover better then most in WV, obviously. Probably a district finals team in Ohio. D-2 in Ohio they would have walked to the regional finals. Good luck Dover.
Yes but eventually met Buchtel or StV so it'd be a tough road D1 or D2. Hoover should be a great game.

Yes but eventually met Buchtel or StV so it'd be a tough road D1 or D2. Hoover should be a great game.
They would play in the Athens regionals from the Eastern District. Would have to beat a good Columbus school to get to state semi’s