Dover Basketball 2021-22

Then redistribute teams.... doesn't have to be 200 teams in each division. Make division 1 for teams with certain enrollments and cut down on the disparity. I imagine it should look like a bell curve with most teams in division 2 & 3.
People will only be happy when their team is one of the big fish. Somebody always has to be the smallest and this talk always comes up from those teams. Jackson won D1 Championship in 2017 with enrollment around 700, dont hear them complaining about competing with teams with 1000+ boys. Nobody wants to be a small fish in big pond.

People will only be happy when their team is one of the big fish. Somebody always has to be the smallest and this talk always comes up from those teams. Jackson won D1 Championship in 2017 with enrollment around 700, dont hear them complaining about competing with teams with 1000+ boys. Nobody wants to be a small fish in big pond.
700 is not small. There are teams below 400 in D1. 700 would still be D1 if they redistributed.

Why do teams need redistributed or more divisions? Is Dover small? Max Preps has listed (not always accurate though) that Dover has a 6'10 (Little), 6'5 (Farthing), 6'4 (Gigax), 6'3 (Hamm), 6'3 (Hall), 6'4 (Lurie). The rest of the players heights aren't listed. That is much bigger than most Division 1 teams. Based on that, I'm not understanding the redistribution argument. It really doesn't hold much weight.
This was the tallest Dover team in many years but the numbers for the starters are.
Little 6’1”
Molk 6’1”
Hamm 6’2”
Beal 6’4”
Hall 6’3”

non starters that played a lot.
Farthing 6’5”
Pfifer 6’2”
Default 6’2”

Dover lost because of poor shooting. Past years the problem has not so much been height it is bulk our kids have looked like skinny kids.

Hate to say I told you guys, but early on I said that this could happen. You all were blinded by your undismayed school spirit. The athletes in the fed don’t back down. Fitch is tough and shot the lights out. Even though Dover is the better team, their defense didn’t show up, and #2 and #40 weren’t hitting shots. Plain and simple, their defense failed them, and they relied too heavily on 1-2 players to score. Sad story, but one that was way too predictable. It happened verse Phila in December, and it happened last night. I just hope the best for the seniors. It’s a magnificent group of young men.

- trap

Hate to say I told you guys, but early on I said that this could happen. You all were blinded by your undismayed school spirit. The athletes in the fed don’t back down. Fitch is tough and shot the lights out. Even though Dover is the better team, their defense didn’t show up, and #2 and #40 weren’t hitting shots. Plain and simple, their defense failed them, and they relied too heavily on 1-2 players to score. Sad story, but one that was way too predictable. It happened verse Phila in December, and it happened last night. I just hope the best for the seniors. It’s a magnificent group of young men.

- trap
That's the problem with BVK offense. He really only wants two players to take shots. Against normal teams this would be okay if they are not hitting them, against a good team (Fitch- New Phila) it means a defeat. He must open up his offense for the other players.He runs a Charlie Huggins offense from the 60's.

That's the problem with BVK offense. He really only wants two players to take shots. Against normal teams this would be okay if they are not hitting them, against a good team (Fitch- New Phila) it means a defeat. He must open up his offense for the other players.He runs a Charlie Huggins offense from the 60's.
And your team would like to be half this good over the last 30 years. They’re in Athens in D-2. It is what it is.

WE hear this every year in football and basketball, the JV team in really good. Still the results are the underachievement of both, when they move to varsity.
Sorry for your hatred. They have little chance in D-1. Much like Zanesville and others over recent years. Both schools would be multiple regional participants in last 10 years in D-2. Until OHSAA has a super division like football, then divide up the other 3 divisions equally, this is the end results for Small D-1 schools.

Sorry for your hatred. They have little chance in D-1. Much like Zanesville and others over recent years. Both schools would be multiple regional participants in last 10 years in D-2. Until OHSAA has a super division like football, then divide up the other 3 divisions equally, this is the end results for Small D-1 schools.
Zanesville does not complain about being small for D1 , They won a state championship and runner-up in D1 basketball an final 4 in football just a few years ago. Quit complaining an work harder and better.

Zanesville does not complain about being small for D1 , They won a state championship and runner-up in D1 basketball an final 4 in football just a few years ago. Quit complaining an work harder and better.

Why do you always hate on Dover? I mean always.

So, I get the complaining about the Division numbers but what I don't understand is why it applies to this game?? Fitch is just over 100 boys bigger then Dover..... The competition did not prepare Dover at all. I said it all year that every time I watched Dover when it was over I felt unimpressed. The people on here that basically think you can just drop to D2 and walk to Regionals or State are nuts!! Theres plenty of tested D2 teams running around that would make you change your mind in a hurry. Now Dover probably goes south and I'm not sure about that District/Regional but head on up to ST V/Buchtel/Chaney and walk through those teams in Districts......

Bottom line is that Dover played a cupcake schedule (4 quality games tops) and were unprepared for a 7 win Fitch team that was 100 boys bigger then them.

Also, If the OHSAA added a fifth division and split the divisions close to equal, Dover would be D2 by 16 kids so you could revisit this in 2 years when your rising enrollment bumps you back to D1 again.....

This has been the senior class
Dover fans have been waiting for. Have done well in the regular season, but have struggled in the tournaments. I say this class so far has underachieved.
Go type on an Indian Valley thread, please. They may have underachieved in the basketball tournament but they did a lot of great things in both sports. As a Dover fan I enjoyed watching them night in, night out. More importantly, my son looked up to these seniors like they were super hero’s. Great kids and great role models. That’s the bigger picture, if you get that, but keep typing on here about how a highschool graduating class underachieved?

WE hear this every year in football and basketball, the JV team in really good. Still the results are the underachievement of both, when they move to varsity.

what you don’t seem to understand is that you can be a really good team despite not winning the state title. I think Dover had a really good football team in 2021,I also think they had a really good basketball team in the 2021/2022 season. The football reserve team was unbeaten,the basketball reserves lost 1 game,will they be good teams at the varsity level? We just have to wait and see.

what you don’t seem to understand is that you can be a really good team despite not winning the state title. I think Dover had a really good football team in 2021,I also think they had a really good basketball team in the 2021/2022 season. The football reserve team was unbeaten,the basketball reserves lost 1 game,will they be good teams at the varsity level? We just have to wait and see.
Yes but really good teams don't get beat by a 28 seed, football got destroyed in football regionals
. Good team not really good teams, but Dover is always saying, our JV's are really good wait until next year

Yes but really good teams don't get beat by a 28 seed, football got destroyed in football regionals
. Good team not really good teams, but Dover is always saying, our JV's are really good wait until next year
Whatever dude,you are the one that constantly predicts the demise of Dover football and basketball,never seems to work out that way. Just a heads up,Dover is loaded for baseball,gonna be a good year.

Whatever dude,you are the one that constantly predicts the demise of Dover football and basketball,never seems to work out that way. Just a heads up,Dover is loaded for baseball,gonna be a good year.

w
What has Dover basketball or football won the last 20 years Nothing. Lets see what the baseball teams win. probably the same as the previous two NOthing

Wow. Been a rivalry with Dover for many years. Love them or hate them. If you beat Dover in football or basketball and had a good season, it was really special. They have a great football and basketball program ! They are just too small in the big divisions to ever do more then win a game or 2. They’ve kicked most everyone’s in the eastern district for years. Just no gold medal at the end of the day. Trust me, very little love for them, but incredible respect for them !??

Outside of 25 years ago, that’s not happened more than 2-3 times since then. They aren’t even close to Dover in today’s world. Some of these schools are mid majors today and they’re never going going to the next level.

As mentioned earlier, the enrollment argument is weak and has nothing to do with why they got ousted. Fitch had 15 losses coming into the game and plenty of them came against teams with smaller enrollment than Dover.

If Dover went down to D2 then the excuse would be that they can’t compete with Private Schools since they would never be able to compete with a team like St. V.

Wow. Been a rivalry with Dover for many years. Love them or hate them. If you beat Dover in football or basketball and had a good season, it was really special. They have a great football and basketball program ! They are just too small in the big divisions to ever do more then win a game or 2. They’ve kicked most everyone’s in the eastern district for years. Just no gold medal at the end of the day. Trust me, very little love for them, but incredible respect for them !??
Yes, because they are the biggest school in the Eastern District.New Phila beat them in basketball this year and in football in 2020 when Dover had a losing record. Look for IV to get them in football next year. Their enrollment excuse is as stated weak, for losing to a 28 seed.

Outside of 25 years ago, that’s not happened more than 2-3 times since then. They aren’t even close to Dover in today’s world. Some of these schools are mid majors today and they’re never going going to the next level.
Nobody from Zanesville can say anything. They couldn't hang with NP or dover. They tucked their tails and ran away as fast as they could.

Nobody from Zanesville can say anything. They couldn't hang with NP or dover. They tucked their tails and ran away as fast as they could.
Excuse me but Zanesville won a state championship in D1 basketball and was a final 4 player a few years ago in football. They have made more noise in the tournaments then NP and Dover put together. They don't use enrollment as an excuse when they lose like Dover.

No dog except a couple acquaintances from the area. Dover has a great coach and basketball program. They have been whining about this for many years. They have some valid points. The Dover basketball program controls the Dover basketball schedule. Play the powers of the Federal Lg., go to Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, or Cincinnati. Take some losses. No shame in that. Then come tournament time your team is better prepared for the level of play.