Does the Reds players taking a knee for the National Anthem affect how you feel towards the team?

Does the Reds players taking a knee for the National Anthem affect how you feel towards the team?

• Yes - I will never be a fan again

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Yes - but I will get over it

• Yes - I can accept it even though I disagree with it

• Yes - I like them even more now

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Yes - didn't care about them before but I hope they lose every game now

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No - I've always hated the Reds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I'm still a fan

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No - didn't care about them before

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No - don't really like baseball

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I’m kind of tired of these dumb b1tches not understanding how worthless their league is. They lose millions of $ but still get paid enough to where they can play full time. Is their any other pro sports franchise in the world that basically lives off welfare? I’m guessing not. Yet these dopey c**ts are so ignorant, they want to give a middle finger to this country? F em.

I’m kind of tired of these dumb b1tches not understanding how worthless their league is. They lose millions of $ but still get paid enough to where they can play full time. Is their any other pro sports franchise in the world that basically lives off welfare? I’m guessing not. Yet these dopey c**ts are so ignorant, they want to give a middle finger to this country? F em.

Few too many Trulies? I've been there. ???

It has nothing to do with kneeling. They don't like the message, no matter how it's conveyed. For many, they are just racists who will never listen or respect the movement. For many others, it's just refusal to hear the message because they feel implicated and accused.

For these people, it will always be, "just find another way to protest." And what they mean by that is, "I don't want to hear it."

Of course.... disagree and you are a racist.... that is always the answer but not one person can actually say what they are actually protesting against?

Police Brutality? Does not exist
Systematic Racism? Define it and give examples because we have no idea what that is.... just another made up word.

We have told you guys why we are against it but you refuse to see our perspective. I have stated several times that yes the lives of non-violent blacks matter, the lives of non-violent Hispanics matter, the lives of non-violent Asians matter, the lives of non-violent humans matter...... As for those who commit violent crimes.... I don't give a crap about them and if they lose their lives so be it regardless of color, age, or race......

When something offends someone from the Left, it gets removed. But, if something offends someone from the right... they are called a racist. The BLM logo is offensive because of what it stands for. I have heard that MLB has removed the Logo off of the pitchers mound.

Don't believe this if you want but about 80% of the population is against the BLM movement.

It's very much not the message, no matter how much despicable people like you try to say it is. It means literally what it says: black lives matter.

Obviously it doesn't because Black people are killing other Black people at record rates since this movement started. So tell me..... what is the message because no one is getting it. How do you feel about these players disrespecting the National Anthem while wearing Nike apparel being payed millions while Nike benefits on black slave labor from China. There are videos of these slaves in shackles and chains but yet none of these athletes are speaking up against it. None are speaking up against violence in the inner cities. None are speaking up against Heart Disease. The only thing they care about is when a violent black criminal is killed by the police after resisting and fighting arrest.......

Few too many Trulies? I've been there. ???
No, but stop pretending you’re so woke bc you live in NY. All you did was move to from Carthage to the Carthage of NYC. You’re not special.

And I’ll ask again, name one other pro sports league that isn’t self sustained.

Welp, you named one school in particular so pretty much a troll job. Want to take any bets on Badin kids kneeling?
i referee high school hoops.....and players, fans, etc kneel all the time. i could name a lot of schools that will kneel. i know your dense but lol

jtk
()

To be clear on my stance - and I think a great many moderate people are just like me:

I'm a white male in my 50's who has voted Republican 98% of the time. I believe in capitalism, free-market, smaller government, and law & order. However, I also understand that the justice system / law enforcement system is not totally color-blind. There is profiling by law enforcement. There are very real stats that bear this out, and lots of clear-cut cases.

I am totally fine with all of the 'Black Lives Matter' messages and peaceful protests; our society has to evolve to the point that all humans are treated equally and that skin color/ethnicity does not matter. More awareness is needed. I do not support Marxist philosophy, riots that destroy property, or defunding the police. The police are vital to our society, but their procedures need some refining.

Kneeling for the anthem is not disrespectful in my eyes; it has been chosen as a respectful way to deliver the message that our legal/law enforcement needs to equitably treat black Americans the same as white Americans. Walking out, as the WNBA players did, is disrespectful IMO, and that league should discipline those players.

Of course.... disagree and you are a racist....

Vamps, it's plainly obvious that you are a racist. If someone explained systemic racism to you, you wouldn't listen. If someone forced you to engage in a privilege walk, you'd never get the point. It's pretty futile to argue with you crazy people. The only thing to really do is to look at you and pity you before moving on and simply associating with decent people.

I served and I grant anyone the right to kneel during the anthem. The vast majority of veterans are in the same boat.
Salvation army doesn't count...

But I concur, every vet should say they fought to preserve those freedoms, even if we don't agree with said action.

I am totally fine with all of the 'Black Lives Matter' messages and peaceful protests; our society has to evolve to the point that all humans are treated equally and that skin color/ethnicity does not matter. More awareness is needed. I do not support Marxist philosophy, riots that destroy property, or defunding the police. The police are vital to our society, but their procedures need some refining.

Kneeling for the anthem is not disrespectful in my eyes; it has been chosen as a respectful way to deliver the message that our legal/law enforcement needs to equitably treat black Americans the same as white Americans.

I agree with pretty much all of this.

But I concur, every vet should say they fought to preserve those freedoms, even if we don't agree with said action.

The idea to kneel literally came from a vet as a way to be respectful. It's important at this point to realize that you people will never find a protest on this matter you agree with. Never. You just don't want to hear the message.

The idea to kneel literally came from a vet as a way to be respectful. It's important at this point to realize that you people will never find a protest on this matter you agree with. Never. You just don't want to hear the message.
Why do people, such as yourself, want the freedom to kneel, but deny the freedom by others to criticize those who kneel?

Cannot have it both ways man.

I will preaxh till I day I die that hey can kneel. Does not mean I have to accept, praise or be on board with why they are doing it.

Why do people, such as yourself, want the freedom to kneel, but deny the freedom by others to criticize those who kneel?

Cannot have it both ways man.

I will preaxh till I day I die that hey can kneel. Does not mean I have to accept, praise or be on board with why they are doing it.

Who is denying you the freedom to criticize those who kneel? You're free to do that all you want and we're free to tell you how ignorant you are.

Who is denying you the freedom to criticize those who kneel? You're free to do that all you want and we're free to tell you how ignorant you are.
Theose like your self say those who don't agree just understand the moment.

Me ignorant? Wut ewe talkin about Willis?

i referee high school hoops.....and players, fans, etc kneel all the time. i could name a lot of schools that will kneel. i know your dense but lol

jtk
()
How, in any way, is the an answer to my post?

Obviously it doesn't because Black people are killing other Black people at record rates since this movement started. So tell me..... what is the message because no one is getting it. How do you feel about these players disrespecting the National Anthem while wearing Nike apparel being payed millions while Nike benefits on black slave labor from China. There are videos of these slaves in shackles and chains but yet none of these athletes are speaking up against it. None are speaking up against violence in the inner cities. None are speaking up against Heart Disease. The only thing they care about is when a violent black criminal is killed by the police after resisting and fighting arrest.......
Your argument boils down to "they are hypocrites". Profound. All humans are. We know this.

Vamps, it's plainly obvious that you are a racist. If someone explained systemic racism to you, you wouldn't listen. If someone forced you to engage in a privilege walk, you'd never get the point. It's pretty futile to argue with you crazy people. The only thing to really do is to look at you and pity you before moving on and simply associating with decent people.
Does being critical of the idea of "systemic racism" and "white privilege" make one racist? I'd push back on certain aspects of those ideas.

No. Dismissing them completely at this point in history is a strong indicator, though.
I pretty much dismiss the idea of privilege completely. Not because I don't think it exists, but because I think it's a useless point of discussion. Why can't black people recognize their privilege of being born in the United States? Why isn't Asian privilege ever discussed? They blow everyone away in terms of education and income. And what are we supposed to do with the idea of it? Too often it is used to shut somebody down.

Systemic racism I'd push back heavily on also. I think people conflate the system and the people within the system. Racism exists, and sometimes racists make it into the system. But there isn't anything about the system that is inherently racist, in my opinion. I don't think we should throw the baby out with the bathwater. We have a good foundation as a country to build upon, no need to tear it down completely.

Anyway, I think people can push back and disagree with these ideas without being a racist. I think it's lazy to throw around the term so non-chalantly like people do today.

you guys can never answer the questions... always come back with an insult or calling someone a racist.

Again, answer the damn question.

Does being critical of the idea of "systemic racism" and "white privilege" make one racist? I'd push back on certain aspects of those ideas.

Well, when I got my first house I had three roommates, 2 of them were my friends and the third who became a friend was a friend of a friend. I was the only white guy in my house. I never saw black and white back then I just liked to hang out with people who liked to have a good time and we had some great times....... I've been asking around what this systemic racism is but no one can answer it. I looked it up and it basically states something that is normal that is embedded in society.... What? Compared to growing up in the 70's while racism still exists it is no where near what is was back then. You cannot stamp out racism in people they just have to die out but I still disagree with the "systemic racism" and "police brutality" thing that is causing all these protests. There is something more sinister going on in my opinion as the higher ups of this organization have admitted to being Marxist and having Communist Ties.

I love that all of the usual suspects are getting all bent out of shape about a "fake news" WNBA clip lol. They walked back to their locker rooms before the national anthem played, and WokeCenter scored millions of views and clicks before backtracking on their falsely premised headline.

Personally, at this point I would prefer that to be standard practice. Just go to the locker room or clubhouse for your pregame stuff and take the court or field after the anthem is played.

I love that all of the usual suspects are getting all bent out of shape about a "fake news" WNBA clip lol. They walked back to their locker rooms before the national anthem played, and WokeCenter scored millions of views and clicks before backtracking on their falsely premised headline.

Personally, at this point I would prefer that to be standard practice. Just go to the locker room or clubhouse for your pregame stuff and take the court or field after the anthem is played.
Um. Spoiler alert please. I had that WNBA game taped to watch later. Now it's ruined.

The best part is that the ESPN tweet was fact-checked by Holly Rowe, an ESPN reporter ?