• Marion Local by 8-16

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Marion Local by 1-7

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Dalton

Votes: 32 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Massillon would run Goody out of town after they lose week 3 because he “sat” the entire offense for violating a team rule…and you know he would do it. And you know they would too.
Massillon approached "Goody" years ago. He ran.

Furthermore, one might also note that you know little to nothing about the current Massillon program. Players (better than any that ML can field) have been benched for violating team rules or behavioral expectations.

Massillon approached "Goody" years ago. He ran.

Furthermore, one might also note that you know little to nothing about the current Massillon program. Players (better than any that ML can field) have been benched for violating team rules or behavioral expectations.
Some would consider Marion Local a better job than Massy lot less headaches plus he is principal at Marion Local so money would not be an issue. If what you post is even true.

Quit being a troll even if one title Massy offered Goodwin the job and he said no doesn't mean he ran, get over your Massy is the job everyne wants, not hardly.
Didn't say that. A lot of coaches couldn't take the pressure or don't want the challenge. But he was approached, and he did decline.

When We Return Coming Up GIF by Dateline NBC

Didn't say that. A lot of coaches couldn't take the pressure or don't want the challenge. But he was approached, and he did decline.
Just to be clear, this isn’t the college or pros, coaches aren’t being offered multimillion dollar offers to move. Even the best, or highest paying jobs are not that much better or better paying than another. So why wouldn’t you stay at a place you feel comfortable, win consistently and don’t have to deal with unrealistic community/booster expectations?

Congrats to Marion. What a program!
When it comes to losses, sometimes you lose the game and sometimes you get beat. Dalton just experienced both. How have Valpo (maybe less resources), IU, or Purdue not sent a blank check to Mr. Goodwin’s office? I prefer small school ball, but I’d say his tenure should be studied by every level of competitive football.

Locally, Dial has been one of my favorites to follow so it’ll be interesting to see what’s next. Build on it, or rest on it?
Who is to say they have not. Smart coaches make calls based on the big picture, it's not about just one play. Smart husbands and fathers know major career decisions take into consideration the big picture... Goodwin is smart.

Last edited:
Sorry if Dalton fans felt slighted by comments before the game. Most of us see ML every week and know exactly what we're up against. The nerves aren't a thing and they still come in and thump on us. In Division 7, they have only lost one playoff game ever. Again, no knock to Dalton, but it was going to take a special team that has "been there" to beat ML this year. (Minster may be that team next year?)
And I think they're still in D-7 next year, maybe for about the last time. Their enrollment numbers are moving up, they should see more D-6 and D-5 over the next 8 years. Numbers really increase at that point and they will probably be a more permanent fixture in D-5 for a bit.

Sorry if Dalton fans felt slighted by comments before the game. Most of us see ML every week and know exactly what we're up against. The nerves aren't a thing and they still come in and thump on us. In Division 7, they have only lost one playoff game ever. Again, no knock to Dalton, but it was going to take a special team that has "been there" to beat ML this year. (Minster may be that team next year?)
And I think they're still in D-7 next year, maybe for about the last time. Their enrollment numbers are moving up, they should see more D-6 and D-5 over the next 8 years. Numbers really increase at that point and they will probably be a more permanent fixture in D-5 for a bit.
MSML in D5?! That would be AWESOME! It would also open up an entire new population of "they're good, but they've never seen a team this good" commentators on here. 🤣

Congrats to Marion Local. They are an absolute Gold Standard of small school football. With few seniors on the team, they'll undoubtedly be back next season as well.

Most of us “loudmouths” were trying to make it interesting and enjoyable. (Like the band playing as the titanic sank) Dalton is also on the D7-D6 bubble but I like them in R25 for thread related reasons. The travel is a bear, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see them reaching out to MAC schools for the OOC schedule in the future…they’ve been scheduling in step with their program goals.

Quit being a troll even if one title Massy offered Goodwin the job and he said no doesn't mean he ran, get over your Massy is the job everyne wants, not hardly.

Agreed. I believe they also reached out to Valley View's and Coldwater's years ago also. All great coaches, in great situations.

Back then Massillon was NOT a long term situation even by their own admission. More of a stepping stone to college. That was ancient thinking that was counterproductive. Very happy Moore has stayed this long, and hopefully for many more if he wants.

Agreed. I believe they also reached out to Valley View's and Coldwater's years ago also. All great coaches, in great situations.

Back then Massillon was NOT a long term situation even by their own admission. More of a stepping stone to college. That was ancient thinking that was counterproductive. Very happy Moore has stayed this long, and hopefully for many more if he wants.
Two different situations. Niswonger applied when they were doing the fix-is-in "search" for Shepas' successor. The stated reason for passing on him was that he wouldn't move to Massillon. As if he was going to commute. Reed actually accepted the job as Stacy's successor, then backed out. That's the same search in which they approached Goodwin and settled for Hall.

Last edited:
Most of us “loudmouths” were trying to make it interesting and enjoyable. (Like the band playing as the titanic sank) Dalton is also on the D7-D6 bubble but I like them in R25 for thread related reasons.
Painfully, I re-watched the 2019 state title game this morning. As far as Marion Local D7 games go, Lucas put them to the test that day.
With Lucas down 15 with 5 mins left and driving pretty deep in Local territory, it wasn't easy for ML. The fumble on that drive sunk us.
Penalties, sacks and 4th quarter turnovers were the difference. The Lucas penalties on the opening drive, and late in the game on the 1st
down play were huge. Super proud of the way our Cubs hung in that day.

Last edited:
Two different situations. Niswonger applied when they were doing the fix-is-in "search" for Shepas' successor. The stated reason for passing on him was that he wouldn't move to Massillon. As if he was going to commute. Reed actually accepted the job as Stacy's successor, then backed out. That's the same search in which they approached Goodwin and settled for Hall.
Have to take your word for it. Over a decade old coaching search with candidates responses, even? You can just say anything, I suppose…in any thread. Powerful stuff from the Oil Can.

Yeah it is coming back to me, thanks. Lombardo also accepted before backing out for St. Ed, but at least then we got Moore. Hall though - uggh.

Yeah it is coming back to me, thanks. Lombardo also accepted before backing out for St. Ed, but at least then we got Moore.
IIRC, Lombardo never accepted. Instead, he went to the media to announce that he'd been approached after Massillon asked him to keep it confidential.

Collin Jones #64 played most of the first half with broken ankle/ leg. That kid is has a heart of a lion. We definitely didn't play great and it will be a learning experience. We have to replace some kids but hopefully will be back next year.
We all felt absolutely terrible for that young man... we knew he wanted to stay on the field, but he was an obvious liability staying in the game. I'm sure he is a beast if healthy. Hope he heals well. Great respect for his heart!

Congrats to Marion. What a program!
When it comes to losses, sometimes you lose the game and sometimes you get beat. Dalton just experienced both. How have Valpo (maybe less resources), IU, or Purdue not sent a blank check to Mr. Goodwin’s office? I prefer small school ball, but I’d say his tenure should be studied by every level of competitive football.

Locally, Dial has been one of my favorites to follow so it’ll be interesting to see what’s next. Build on it, or rest on it?
Dials time at Dalton has truly been interesting. He has had great rosters no doubt...but before him it was the dark ages...when there was just as good of talent and it was completely and utterly wasted....Dial is the future