Division III State Semifinal: Badin (13-0) vs Granville (13-0)

Who wins?

• Badin by 17+

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Badin by 8-16

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Badin by 1-7

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Granville by 1-7

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Granville by 8-16

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Granville by 17+

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trying to find consequential games that might tell us a little about Friday. Here's what I got so far:

Week 1: St. Marys over London, 10-7
Week 13: Badin over St. Marys, 45-10 and Danville over London 15-14

This one is a stretch...

Week 3: Monroe over Western Brown, 66-58
Week 7: Clinton-Massie over Western Brown, 42-35
Week 9: Bellbrook over Monroe 42-10
Week 10: Badin over McNick 48-21
Week 14: Clinton-Massie over McNick 28-27 and Granville over Western Brown, 57-49, Badin over Bellbrook 21-9 (and 17-7...week 2)
You know London Beat Bishop Hartley that Granville beat London

You know London Beat Bishop Hartley that Granville beat London
You know that Granville beat London by a point which lost to St. Marys which Badin boat raced 45-10. Granville's wins over Watterson and DeSales obviously make them legit. No comparative scores matter. 13-0 vs 13-0 on Friday and we will see.

Y
You know that Granville beat London by a point which lost to St. Marys which Badin boat raced 45-10. Granville's wins over Watterson and DeSales obviously make them legit. No comparative scores matter. 13-0 vs 13-0 on Friday and we will see.
Yes We will see
Will your 2nd string qb be suiting up Friday

Last edited:
Badin relies on it's outstanding defense to win football games. If Granville is run heavy, I'm not sure that's the recipe for success against the Rams. Badin's run defense is impressive. In both of it's matchups with Badin, Bellbrook struggled on offense. Those were really the only two games all year the Eagles struggled to score. I'm thinking this is a lower scoring, physical game.

London lost to Licking Valley who Granville beat 45-0. Watterson and DeSales were not very good this year, so I'm not sure those wins in and of themselves make them legit. Anyone who is still playing week 15 is legit.

London lost to Licking Valley who Granville beat 45-0. Watterson and DeSales were not very good this year, so I'm not sure those wins in and of themselves make them legit. Anyone who is still playing week 15 is legit.
I don't believe in comparative scores whatsoever and your point proves that.

Granville has a very good Running Back who would start on most teams except maybe in Pick Centrals 8 man rotation. D is solid (I thought until last week). Badin has always been physically and mentally tough. Both teams will have to find a way to keep the other's D honest. Turnovers difference in a low scoring game.

Watched the tape of Granville/London game.
Thought London was the slightly better team
Granville is a small, quick team with good athletes at the skill position.
It’s a shame #7 has the ACL tear, he is much more of a threat than #9
#8 is a decent RB but nowhere near Borondy or Walsh for that matter
Granville runs the same offense as Badin
If Granville doesn’t get more pressure on the QB than they did in this game it’s lights out
I’m predicting a comfortable Badin win, say 31-10
That being said, if Badin plays like they did in the first half against Bellbrook it will be a nail biter

If Granville doesn’t get more pressure on the QB than they did in this game it’s lights out
That being said, if Badin plays like they did in the first half against Bellbrook it will be a nail biter
I feel that the Badin-Bellbrook game was not as one sided as the Bellbrook crew seemed to think it was. Bellbrook one TD drive was certainly helped by Badin's penalties. Granted they took advantage which is what good teams do but Badin had two drives in the first half that resulted in turnovers, one that occurred on the Bellbrook 10 yd line. Of course after the Eagles went up 9-0 the offense responded the way you'd hoped they would.
Saw some highlights on Granville and I don't know enough about the sport to offer an opinion but 13-0 and beating two Columbus catholic schools lets me know they are pretty good. Still pulling for my fighting Yordys to advance to the finals. Haven't been to the area since 1996, a good few days for Coach Yordy as well.

I
That being said, if Badin plays like they did in the first half against Bellbrook it will be a nail
You watched the London I hope your head coach watched that game also Haley had 1 run in that video
Rude awakening

Last edited:
I

I’d have to disagree with you I’ve watched your Walsh and Borondy he is more of a fullback Commited anywhere ?and Haley (still learning )is a Better and faster back just my thought
I think Granville d did a great job last week against the nations leading passer and they are very fast
I just hope your qb is 100 percent to play
31–10 wow crazy score
Just my opinion, we all have them and that’s why the games are played. #8 will get his chance Friday

Here's my prediction. Its late November in Ohio, turnovers and the team that RUNs it the best and STOPs the run will advance. Both are good teams. Badin won't be WOWed by Granville and I suspect Granville wont be WOWed by Badin.

I don't like to make predictions when I don't know much about one of the teams. I do know that Badin has one of the best defenses, particularly at stopping the run, that I've seen in my many years of playing, coaching, and following the game. Sounds like Granville is also very good on D. With that said and it being late November and the temp being in the low 30's for Friday's game, I expect a low scoring hard fought defensive struggle. I wouldn't be surprised if a defensive score or a return TD was the difference in the game. Either way looking forward to a great Thanksgiving week of football full of food, family, friends, and lots of cold beer. Go Rams

I don't like to make predictions when I don't know much about one of the teams. I do know that Badin has one of the best defenses, particularly at stopping the run, that I've seen in my many years of playing, coaching, and following the game. Sounds like Granville is also very good on D. With that said and it being late November and the temp being in the low 30's for Friday's game, I expect a low scoring hard fought defensive struggle. I wouldn't be surprised if a defensive score or a return TD was the difference in the game. Either way looking forward to a great Thanksgiving week of football full of food, family, friends, and lots of cold beer. Go Rams
Badin has had some great smash mouth defenses especially back in the Terry Malone years. They have to be good to still be undefeated at this point in time.

Great win Weekend Aces on Friday Buckeyes on Saturday
Dude/dudette, I get your trying to stir something up on here but most Badin fans understand there are other good teams in the state and the game is played on the field not on yappi. They played far from a clean game last week and needed some 4th quarter theatrics to advance. My feeling is that if the fighting Yordys play well on Friday they will play next week. If Granville is up to the task they will be congratulated and wished good luck themselves. We will know by about 10pm Friday night. Most people in the state think this game is for state runner-up anyway.

Dude/dudette, I get your trying to stir something up on here but most Badin fans understand there are other good teams in the state and the game is played on the field not on yappi. They played far from a clean game last week and needed some 4th quarter theatrics to advance. My feeling is that if the fighting Yordys play well on Friday they will play next week. If Granville is up to the task they will be congratulated and wished good luck themselves. We will know by about 10pm Friday night. Most people in the state think this game is for state runner-up anyway.
So true, I would love for the boys to get the matchup with the behemoth that is Chardon