Division II Team Race?

Grahams run is great but Graham folks want to have it both ways. On one hand you will lament the Ed's and Walsh's of the world for recruiting, and in the next sentence you will tout DT as Graham Local Parisian. In the end Graham acts like any other parochial school. Graham has had some great teams but I wasn't the person saying "greatest in HS sports." That's hyperbole. Total dominance of teams that rarely can field a full lineup doesn't do it for me when I think about "greatest of all time". Brecksville gymnastics is D1 and they have won 21 straight. Nobody is on here crowing how they are greatest HS sports program ever. Just one man's opinion and you are more than entitled to yours.
I'm probably a little higher on Division II Wrestling than you are...............Regardless of the semantics, what Jeff Jordan has built and others have helped continue, is the most impressive thing I've had an up close look at in Ohio HS sports. How it compares, I'm not sure. I'll probably do some digging into other streaks. In full disclosure, I will have Graham wrestling over Brecksville's gymnastics team in order of impressiveness.

If this article was updated, Graham would be on the list. And spare me with the "but the Covid year" nonsense. No meet and no clue if Graham would have lost. They were underdogs this year and still pulled it out.................
I don't know who had Graham as the underdog this year, it wasn't me.
Graham qualified the most kids and had the most projected points.

I'm probably a little higher on Division II Wrestling than you are...............Regardless of the semantics, what Jeff Jordan has built and others have helped continue, is the most impressive thing I've had an up close look at in Ohio HS sports. How it compares, I'm not sure. I'll probably do some digging into other streaks. In full disclosure, I will have Graham wrestling over Brecksville's gymnastics team in order of impressiveness.
Ed's has like 35 team state championships since '78. That doesn't include dual team SC. Graham is a great D2 program and probably best D2 wrestling program ever, but Ed's legacy is just better. It's just a fact. Was there years when SPG was better, for sure. But you can't give SPG credit for being better a few times without acknowledging Ed's was better the other 40+ times since '78. I just think your perspective is skewed.

BTW. Iggy football from 1988-2018 was perhaps greatest 2 decades of actually playing a State Championship game and winning it. Massillon could make their own case for legacy and I would only argue that they were paper Champs. I would never think of a Marion Local as greatest Ohio HS football program. Iggy Soccer is a dynasty, Hockey, etc... not wrestling(aside from 87) that's all Eds

Last edited:
What are the chances Graham drops to D3 next year? Looking at the enrollment numbers on the OHSAA website, it appears they would be right on the bubble.

Graham has now won the last 23 contested state tournaments (2001-2019, 2021-2024). It is my opinion that they would have not won the 2020 state title had the state tournament not been canceled, Louisville entered as pre-tournament favorites based on district performance and state draws; that being said, we'll never know.

Investigation may show Graham reached out to Dr Fauci to get the COVID rolling to avoid a possible end to their streak.
Or the Pope. Never know.

Grahams run is great but Graham folks want to have it both ways. On one hand you will lament the Ed's and Walsh's of the world for recruiting, and in the next sentence you will tout DT as Graham Local Parisian. In the end Graham acts like any other parochial school.
Totally agree. The large "hometown of DT" sign outside of st paris is ridiculous. DT hasn't lived near st paris for a decade.

I'm probably a little higher on Division II Wrestling than you are...............Regardless of the semantics, what Jeff Jordan has built and others have helped continue, is the most impressive thing I've had an up close look at in Ohio HS sports. How it compares, I'm not sure. I'll probably do some digging into other streaks. In full disclosure, I will have Graham wrestling over Brecksville's gymnastics team in order of imimpressiveness.
Being in attendance for the Blair vs Graham dual in the old gym was fun.

Darn, this video no longer exists on flowrestling-
103lbs Max Hvolbek Blair- vs. Ryan Taylor St Paris Graham-

Feb 6, 2016

Last edited:
While true, he moved here in 5th or 6th grade and his parents lived here for another 5 or 6 after he graduated
Admittingly I didn't realize his parents stayed in the area for that long afterwards. I thought they moved only a couple years later, after DTs sister graduated.

Maybe if there was a chance DT would ever come back to visit his former coach.....

Totally agree. The large "hometown of DT" sign outside of st paris is ridiculous. DT hasn't lived near st paris for a decade.
I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all. The dude lived and wrestled there for 6 or 7 years and certainly laid the lions share of his wrestling foundation there. I’d put up a sign too, his relationship with Jeff, notwithstanding

I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all. The dude lived and wrestled there for 6 or 7 years and certainly laid the lions share of his wrestling foundation there. I’d put up a sign too, his relationship with Jeff, notwithstanding
Thats fair. Wiki for some reason still lists st paris as his home town. Maybe Reno Nevada will someday post a sign outside the city, "birthplace of DT"

Last edited:
That's my point, Why would we put HT of Beric Jordan? he was a two timer.
Welcome to St. Paris Ohio. Hometown of:
Josh Wooton
David Erwin
Aaron Hart
Zach Neibert
Max Thomusseit
Nick Brascetta
Eli Seipel
Brent Moore
Alek Martin
Beric Jordan

Interesting tidbit - Graham almost has more 4x State Champions 7 (9 if you count the Schlatter's) than 2xers (10).

Welcome to St. Paris Ohio. Hometown of:
Josh Wooton
David Erwin
Aaron Hart
Zach Neibert
Max Thomusseit
Nick Brascetta
Eli Seipel
Brent Moore
Alek Martin
Beric Jordan

Interesting tidbit - Graham almost has more 4x State Champions 7 (9 if you count the Schlatter's) than 2xers (10).
Gunner Cramblett makes 11 2Xers

3Xers =(10)
Ty Morgan
Kyle Ott
Cameron Doggett
Ben Jordan
Felipe Martinez
Isaac Jordan
Ryan Taylor
Kyle Lawson
Rocky Jordan
Brogan Tucker (Possible 4x)

Gunner Cramblett makes 11 2Xers

3Xers =(10)
Ty Morgan
Kyle Ott
Cameron Doggett
Ben Jordan
Felipe Martinez
Isaac Jordan
Ryan Taylor
Kyle Lawson
Rocky Jordan
Brogan Tucker (Possible 4x)
You're right, forgot about Cramblett. Went off of the OHSAA site, but it didn't have this year yet.

Pretty impressive list across the board!

You're right, forgot about Cramblett. Went off of the OHSAA site, but it didn't have this year yet.

Pretty impressive list across the board!
Only other program with similar numbers I would think would be St. Edward

Ed's list of multiple time state champions
4xers (4)
3xers (8)
2xers (17)

So Graham has 3 more 4xers and 2 more 3xers than Eds. Whereas Eds has 6 more 2xers than Graham.

*Eds hasn't had a 4xer since 2013. And their first was in 2003. So in a span of 10 years they had all four of their 4xers but they haven't had a 4xer in over a decade. They also haven't had a 3xer since 2013 as well. Although Karson Brown is on pace to end both of those droughts (2 for 2).

*Jarrel Miller is also on pace to become Ed's first 4x Runner-up. How many 4x Runner-ups have their been in the history of Ohio? I believe there was someone who went 2, 2, 2, 3 and several others who went 2, 2, 2, 1 (Josh Horne comes to mind). Was Ryan Fields another one?