Division I State Championship: Springfield (13-1) vs. Lakewood St. Edward (13-1)

Who wins?

• St. Edward by 17+

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • St. Edward by 8-16

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • St. Edward by 1-7

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 36 29.5%
  • Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Springfield by 17+

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read every post, but the long run by Enovich on the first drive that I thought for sure he was going to score a TD on:
1. great play by the defender not giving up
2. great goal line stand
3. this is my main point- I can not believe that there was not a horse collar call. That may have been the difference between them getting nothing and them getting a TD. They get a TD there, I think Ed's wins by a bigger margin.
4. Smoot is the real deal.

I haven't read every post, but the long run by Enovich on the first drive that I thought for sure he was going to score a TD on:
2. great goal line stand
3. this is my main point- I can not believe that there was not a horse collar call. That may have been the difference between them getting nothing and them getting a TD. They get a TD there, I think Ed's wins by a bigger margin.
They still had the ball at the 1 yard line horse collar or not

Games are here to stay in Canton.
I think you are right. I for 1 am very glad. Easy trip for me from Erie. I had a blast yesterday in Canton watching 3 awesome games. Great venue. And obviously they bid on it and they WANT to host. And did a great job. I had zero complaints. Security, parking, 3 game ticket price, etc.. (no complaints from me. Columbus has made it clear they do not want to host. Even though that is the most neutral location. They have bigger fish to fry like fixing the college team that plays in the horse shoe. Lol! Go Blue!!

I think you are right. I for 1 am very glad. Easy trip for me from Erie. I had a blast yesterday in Canton watching 3 awesome games. Great venue. And obviously they bid on it and they WANT to host. And did a great job. I had zero complaints. Security, parking, 3 game ticket price, etc.. (no complaints from me. Columbus has made it clear they do not want to host. Even though that is the most neutral location. They have bigger fish to fry like fixing the college team that plays in the horse shoe. Lol! Go Blue!!
I honestly had respect for you until that last sentence. Congrats on the win this year but I will take the last 20 years success by the Buckeyes for the rest of this century. Win 17 times…lose thrice…yes those are stats I can live with.

2. great goal line stand
Totally agree on the horsecollar

I didn't hear any of my fellow Eds fans in the stands complaining about a horse collar. That was just a great hustle tackle by the Springfield DB. I think the goal-line stand was a good wake up call for the Eds kids to know they were going to be in for a battle. The Springfield kids were tough and played hard. That tackle was just a kid playing football. And given Enovitch's makeup, I'd say he wasn't crying about it. He was probably impressed that the Springfield kid was able to catch him. Enovitch later showed that despite his lack of size, he had the speed, shiftiness and durability to run between the tackles and move the chains. Enovitch embodies why Eds has a successful program.

Michigan still has a nice lead in the all time series and is the all time winningest program in college football. But I am most proud of the University for keeping their high standards when it comes to who can even get in to Michigan. They lose many 5 star recruits because they are not academically good enough. That is huge. Meanwhile many Universities have lowered their standards so they can win football games. Hopefully I can gain your respect back. I am just a passionate college and HS football fan. Just a diehard fan like you. Remember, it has been awhile since Michigan has won THE Game. So let me enjoy the 364 days after last Saturday. Thanks and have a great day!
It depends on how “winningest program in college football” is defined. Michigan has the most wins by virtue of having played more games than Ohio State. The Buckeyes have the highest winning percentage in the land, followed by Alabama, Notre Dame and then Michigan.

Michigan still has a nice lead in the all time series and is the all time winningest program in college football. But I am most proud of the University for keeping their high standards when it comes to who can even get in to Michigan. They lose many 5 star recruits because they are not academically good enough. That is huge. Meanwhile many Universities have lowered their standards so they can win football games. Hopefully I can gain your respect back. I am just a passionate college and HS football fan. Just a diehard fan like you. Remember, it has been awhile since Michigan has won THE Game. So let me enjoy the 364 days after last Saturday. Thanks and have a great day!
I should have added a ?after that reply. It’s all good. ?

He didn’t reply to the loss to Miamisburg until after the loss by I think X later on Saturday night. Even then he was vague on thoughts reiterating he was not there and didn’t think the last score counted according to sources. The no show is not surprising.

Then again He was posting a lot this week maybe the minutes ran out on his prepaid plan.
RIP riverboi ??
I appreciate your posts on Prep Gridiron. I know who you are now! Lol

Then we'll just keep it to the head to head between the Pukeyes and Michigan. Especially since that is what this rivalry is really about. Michigan leads 59-51-6. Go Blue!!
I appreciate your posts on Prep Gridiron. I know who you are now! Lol
He was online last night at 9:09 but hasn’t shown up since. Probably the same time Springfield had a game changing play and was getting ready to post?

Yes definitely horse collar but if it was called they only get the ball at the half yard line not a touchdown and it does not mean they score on that series. ED’s clearly won in convincing Fashion but they did not score their first series horse collar or not .

Then we'll just keep it to the head to head between the Pukeyes and Michigan. Especially since that is what this rivalry is really about. Michigan leads 59-51-6. Go Blue!!
That stat has been moving toward OSU favor and will continue to do so at a blistering pace. But keep holding on to it and Michigans self proclaimed Academic superiority

Reactions: 4GX
Die hard Buckeye but I am rooting for Michigan tonight, I would like to see The Bug ten represented in the CFP and they have the bakers chance to do so and do so well. But for gods sake go back to the gold pants. What is up with the Blue pants that’s is not Michigan.

Die hard Buckeye but I am rooting for Michigan tonight, I would like to see The Bug ten represented in the CFP and they have the bakers chance to do so and do so well. But for gods sake go back to the gold pants. What is up with the Blue pants that’s is not Michigan.
I agree. Those Uniforms blow. Also agree it would be a shame if the Big 10 was not represented. And Notre Dame got in. Also with Alabama winning, I have a bad feeling Michigan will play either Georgia or Bama in the semi's and be 1 and done.

Yes definitely horse collar but if it was called they only get the ball at the half yard line not a touchdown and it does not mean they score on that series. ED’s clearly won in convincing Fashion but they did not score their first series horse collar or not .
Don't agree it was a horse collar tackle as it wasn't used to bring the runner to the ground. Defender eventually let go of, or the runner broke free of, the collar.

Last edited:
Unless you were born before 1906, you’ve seen more Osu victories than scUM victories. Congrats on the 15 straight win before 1900. Btw Michigan doesn’t turn away 5 stars because of academics lol. That’s a cop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.