Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Glenville by 1-8

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Glenville by 9-16

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • Glenville by 17+

Votes: 62 44.3%

• Total voters
A typical cornball post from a cornball.
cone
New York Fan Fiction GIF by Greetings...From Coney Island

Just yell "I HATE THAT A CITY SCHOOL CAN COMPETE WITH MY SCHOOL!" and be done with it. Stop with all of this "unfair advantage," "gaming the system," OHSAA let's 'em get away with it," "there's not a REAL D4 school" and whatever other drivel you go

a city school with multiple d1 commits playing small city and township schools isn’t really nothing to beat your chest about. Outside looking in.. it looks a little funky but I also understand after years of almost winning a championship, glenville finally brought it home. And for someone who has done so much not only for his community but other young men with the dream to play at a higher level, people are happy for Mr.Ginn. You can only play who’s put in front of you. Aside from Perkins, Hoban and Avon. The talent gap is overwhelming for a “traditional d4 school”. Many will feel their championship derserve to have an asterisk by it, maybe due to the population difference or that it seems ginn academy/ glenville has found a loophole. The possibility for arguments could go on forever. The constant insinuations of racism are a tad old though.

a city school with multiple d1 commits playing small city and township schools isn’t really nothing to beat your chest about. Outside looking in.. it looks a little funky but I also understand after years of almost winning a championship, glenville finally brought it home. And for someone who has done so much not only for his community but other young men with the dream to play at a higher level, people are happy for Mr.Ginn. You can only play who’s put in front of you. Aside from Perkins, Hoban and Avon. The talent gap is overwhelming for a “traditional d4 school”. Many will feel their championship derserve to have an asterisk by it, maybe due to the population difference or that it seems ginn academy/ glenville has found a loophole. The possibility for arguments could go on forever. The constant insinuations of racism are a tad old though.
LOL! You have to ignore so much to want to continue this stupid debate. For starters Glenville is playing a private school from the most populated inner suburb of Dayton. D4 is not full of one stoplight towns like yall keep pretending it is. Theres 3 full divisions behind it. Let it gooooooo

LOL! You have to ignore so much to want to continue this stupid debate. For starters Glenville is playing a private school from the most populated inner suburb of Dayton. D4 is not full of one stoplight towns like yall keep pretending it is. Theres 3 full divisions behind it. Let it gooooooo
Did you really laugh out loud?

This argument and many like it has been going on on this board for the 20 years i have been here! They will never get it...I could go deeper into it but it would be a waste of time. There are more of them than there are of you. You cant change ignorance or culture of a lot of the people on here. It will definitely fall on deaf ears.....Just enjoy the game and smile while they complain!

This argument and many like it has been going on on this board for the 20 years i have been here! They will never get it...I could go deeper into it but it would be a waste of time. There are more of them than there are of you. You cant change ignorance or culture of a lot of the people on here. It will definitely fall on deaf ears.....Just enjoy the game and smile while they complain!
Felt that! In the Alter vs Glenville thread I already said it brings me so much joy that after the past year of bitching from fans/defenders of "rural schools" we gotta play a private school from another Metropolitan area because I know its keeping the haters up at night 😂

In 2007 they brought in the Residency rule when Ginn Academy was formed, just for schools with no sports. Which included Stem, school of Arts, as well as Ginn Academy! Enough, let’s talk football! Ginn didn’t make the rules they were made in my opinion to attempt to hinder children from rushing to Glenville after the Troy Smith, little Ted, Pierre Woods successes!!!
Tavares Bolden was a stud too. Glenville just wasn't as good then.

Not very well against good teams. Check his career record in weeks 10 & 11 when only 4 or 8 teams made the regionals. Very poor %
Yeah, Canton South should run him off! Couldn’t even beat Glenville, smh.

Little Johnny not play at NP as much as you thought he should? Get a life dude.

Coach Dennison, like 95% of other coaches, coach because they love the sport and love working with kids to try and make them better people. Then we have tool bags that want to criticize a guy that just won a regional final and first undefeated reg season in school history (I think)?

You keep hearing coaches leaving “to spend more time with family”, that’s usually not a lie. It’s becoming harder and harder for coaches to want to continue coaching and justify the time away from their family. Especially when you have “fans” like yourself everywhere that want to fire them if they sneeze the wrong direction.

Not very well against good teams. Check his career record in weeks 10 & 11 when only 4 or 8 teams made the regionals. Very poor %
I looked at records- he had 2 losing seasons in 18 years at New Philadelphia and he was 4-6 those 2 years. 3 more winning seasons at south. He is a good coach.

Coach Dennison, like 95% of other coaches, coach because they love the sport and love working with kids to try and make them better people. Then we have tool bags that want to criticize a guy that just won a regional final and first undefeated reg season in school history (I think)?

You keep hearing coaches leaving “to spend more time with family”, that’s usually not a lie. It’s becoming harder and harder for coaches to want to continue coaching and justify the time away from their family. Especially when you have “fans” like yourself everywhere that want to fire them if they sneeze the wrong direction.
I have a feeling that cone has some sort of axe to grind with Dennison. Must be a personal thing.

It’s not the crime, it’s the community at large that denied the coverup, as you just did. The community that defended football players and victimized the victim. They are the idiots in that community that value high school football more than justice in that particular case. To quote Jules Winfield, “you want to play blind, go walk with a Shepard”. The perception of Steubenville everywhere outside of Steubenville is pretty much unfavorable, but of course you’ll deny it. Boys will be boys. The coach knew nothing about it. There was no attempted cover up. I stand by what I initially posted, which had nothing to do with you or the citizens down there. My point was that an act of rape isn’t a mistake. For you to interject and bring Glenville into it made no sense. I’m done having this discussion, though. I’m glad that your team got smoked tonight and I hope that Glenville wins their second title next week. Maybe it’ll be a blowout like your boys earned tonight and my nephew will get a few reps.
Maybe he will get some reps.

Most people don’t even realize that Dennison grew up around the game and that his Dad was the HC at Akron for quite a few years. Might be the only coach in Akron history to be close to a winning record.

I have a feeling that cone has some sort of axe to grind with Dennison. Must be a personal thing.
Not from New Phila , didn't play at New Phila, had no kids play at NP. Have followed sports in Tcounty. Just like coach Day, wins games but struggles in final week plus playoffs. He left NP saying wanted to spend more time with his family, his kids were out of college, jumps right to CS month later. NP talent level was at a low, CS talent at a alltime high.

Not from New Phila , didn't play at New Phila, had no kids play at NP. Have followed sports in Tcounty. Just like coach Day, wins games but struggles in final week plus playoffs. He left NP saying wanted to spend more time with his family, his kids were out of college, jumps right to CS month later. NP talent level was at a low, CS talent at a alltime high.
Thanks, your opinion of a coach that has proven himself a winner as well as helping countless kids reach a higher potential is noted.
Criticize Day all you want, he gets paid millions to put out a winner. HS coaches do not, they are not one in the same.