Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Glenville by 1-8

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Glenville by 9-16

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • Glenville by 17+

Votes: 62 44.3%

• Total voters
Really - saying kids can't read at grade level is not putting the kids down ? Whenever the talk switches away from the game or football it takes on a racist undertone. People dance around their words - but we can see what some (not all) are trying to say. Because of these idiots it's very easy to pull for Glenville and against their opponent. It's a shame because it's the kids that suffer from all the side garbage the adults generate.
I would say 1 person has a racist undertone and they are not a Canton South supporter. I agree it is the adults that are the problem in most cases.

Remember when you deleted a thread about Community football balance because you thought nothing was more important than high school football?
No I don’t. I would never think or say that football takes precedence over more important things. My support for the SCS’s goes way way beyond the football program. Local families and alumni of SHS have given away millions in academic scholarship money. Trust me the academic end of things is priority and our rankings are some of the best in Ohio. Believe me, academics come way way before athletics. Facts don’t matter to you so I’m wasting my time.

It’s just funny that I was just looking at 247 sports and Glenville has more kids ranked in the top 60 than any other school in Ohio (4 I believe). All home grown talent of course. Just amazing with a school of around 250 boys can produce that much talent in a small community while the other Cleveland schools with 3-4 times as many boys have 2 at most. Just makes you wonder.
What's your point? Kids want to go to Glenville. Kids want to be coached and led by Ted Ginn. Good football players wanna be there. Should Glenville apologize for that? Moeller won five straight state championships in the 70s. Was that fair? Should they have to apologize for that? St. Ignatius won six stsate championships in the 90s, including five straight from 1991-5. Was that fair? Should they have to apologize, too?

What's your point? Kids want to go to Glenville. Kids want to be coached and led by Ted Ginn. Good football players wanna be there. Should Glenville apologize for that? Moeller won five straight state championships in the 70s. Was that fair? Should they have to apologize for that? St. Ignatius won six stsate championships in the 90s, including five straight from 1991-5. Was that fair? Should they have to apologize, too?
Your 2 examples are schools who played in the highest classification. There was no higher division them to move up to.

You are partially correct. Kids do want to PLAY FOOTBALL at Glenville/GA for Coach Ginn. They are however not going to Glenville for a stellar education. It is however funny that the HC for Glenville has his own school but I digress.

The issue is in the years you mentioned CB wasn’t factored and now it is. Life isn’t fair but some can call a spade a spade when they see it. The fact that the Glenville posters won’t just admit that is funny.

CB was intended to fix the private/public issues. Pretty sure the GA/Glenville thing wasn’t thought about. Good luck to both teams this week but GO CATS!

Why do kids go to Moeller, Ed's, Iggy and other schools ? Why are the same private schools good EVERY year ? Kids want to play for winning programs. When you have a winning program kids want to play in it. The best recruiting tool is winning. Glenville has an advantage in sorts because it's pretty inexpensive to move into Cleveland in comparison to other cities. Do some kids move in solely to play football for Ginn - I'm sure they do. His track record of sending kids to college is pretty impressive.

People never mention the kids who attend Ginn Academy and play no sports. Ginn did not open the school to be a tool to drive kids into the football program. If you think that then you know nothing about the man. Sports is the only way some of these kids will ever sniff college. I'm sure a school like Kirtland for example would have kids transferring in if there was affordable rentals. Kids want to play for winners. The facts are if you want to transfer to Kirtland the average home is in the 330k range.

I'm sure the OHSAA has looked into the Glenville - especially after winning it all last year. Obviously they found nothing wrong. There is always going to be uber talented teams that pop up in lower divisions. How many state titles has SVSM won in basketball playing D2. Many of those years they were the best team in Ohio. Glenville is talented - but they don't have as many D1 recruits as some of you think. Unfortunately just because a school has the best team in their school history - does not make them state contenders. In every division you are going to run into a Kirtland, Versailles, Marion, Hoban, Ed's or other powerhouse that will usually end your season.

Having been an avid follower of Yappi for years for my HS football information, I finally decided to make a profile.

Having said that, the Ginn & Glenville hate is real and really takes away from the game itself. As we should be discussing these two great teams, it has turned once again into a Glenville bash fest.

As a native Clevelander and a person who has taught in the city, it is truly remarkable what Ginn has done with the young men of Cleveland. Although, I did not attend Glenville, I have many close friends and family that have attended/played for Glenville and attended Ginn Academy. As Ginn has done with many other young men, he helped provide much needed support, leadership, foundation, and structure for my friends and family that didn’t have the best of living conditions. One may ask, “Why would a parent subject their child to such conditions?” Well, simply put, to save lives and provide a better future for them. Whether that may be in athletics, how to be a man, or just keeping them outta the streets. Yes, not all kids/players’ home lives are unstructured or terrible. Success and results attracts those families to Ginn. The school provides an individualistic education, discipline, and structure- also, quite possibly without the distraction of a female student body.

It’s hard to believe that there are so many individuals on these threads that spew such BS without knowing anything about Glenville, Ginn, or Ginn Academy. Glenville has been successful in every division that they’ve been placed in and quite honestly, that’s not the motivating factor for Ginn- guiding these young men and getting them into college is.

If no one has watching his documentary, “Winning Lives”, please view it as it gives a little insight.

Winning Lives

Happy Thanksgiving to you all and good luck to Canton South and The Ville 🙏🏻

You can go open-enrollment, talk up the strengths of your school and maybe those D1-caliber players will matriculate there
High school sports is my neighborhood vs your neighborhood, my town vs your town, not who can recruit the best; that's college. If the players were organically coming out of the Glenville neighborhood nobody would say anything but they aren't.

High school sports is my neighborhood vs your neighborhood, my town vs your town, not who can recruit the best; that's college. If the players were organically coming out of the Glenville neighborhood nobody would say anything but they aren't.
Obviously your school has not played any open enrollment or private schools - they all recruit.

What you say abt the Arch Bishops Hoopla and the insert Academy, and insert city Christian

Tell the anti-Glenville dopes that. They NEVER talk football. It's all "Glenville cheats," "Glenville games the system," "Glenville recruits," "OHSAA let's them do it," "They're afraid to discipline them because it might look racist," and all of this garbage! They hate the fact that an urban school can compete as an equal with their suburban and small-town schools. This is how they lash out. They want Glenville and other city schools to fail, to be doormats and punching bags for their schools. We'll I have news for them. That ain't happening. Ginn and Glenville will continue to be here, continue to succeed, and continue to help kids reach their full potential. Haters will just have to deal with it!
🫡🫡
I did not read 1 post stating they want Glenville to fail. I see them wanting Glenville in a higher division but I have not seen 1 post hoping they fail. In fact a lot of people are giving Ginn and GA props for helping the kids.
we not ducking no one ☝️ we been to the D1 state championship game D2 state championship game what ever division we are in we will have success believe that go Ville

we not ducking no one ☝️ we been to the D1 state championship game D2 state championship game what ever division we are in we will have success believe that go Ville

2007 alumni go tarblooders we been done beat every good school in Cleveland at some point it don’t matter what division

Euclid put a bid in and received this game along with knowing the approximate numbers from everything from food and concessions to city paid overtime for traffic control and security. Whose decision was it to move this game to Wadsworth? The City? Ohsaa? The competing schools? We all know what's been going on in Euclid but they awarded this game to Euclid and then a few days later switched. Seems like a lot of scrambling last minute changes. What caused this? It was mentioned on here that the site was changed although the Ohsaa site still listed Euclid as the location.

No I don’t. I would never think or say that football takes precedence over more important things. My support for the SCS’s goes way way beyond the football program. Local families and alumni of SHS have given away millions in academic scholarship money. Trust me the academic end of things is priority and our rankings are some of the best in Ohio. Believe me, academics come way way before athletics. Facts don’t matter to you so I’m wasting my time.
Facts are you said "whats more important than high school football" and a few people immediately told you to put the bottle down. Id have amnesia too if I made myself look like an idiot like that

Yesterday was truly special. All the Glenville haters who been crying and throwing shots all year turned into the victims 💔.

Congrats to Poochie (and the award winning PAC thread) on his Mr. Ohio nomination. I saw that throw from the sideline. That was some Mahommes type sh- for real. Cant wait for the game tomorrow. South other weapons are massively underrated. Real athletes. Also two Mr. Ohio caliber players on the same field in a D4 state semi is a beautiful thing and also directly goes against the narrative nobody else in D4 getting off the bus with dudes but I digress.

this is 2023 and people like to whine in this "everyone gets a trophy" world. A thread about teenage kids playing in a football game turned into a it's not fair complaint session and the game didn't even happen yet!. This is a very special game for all of the kids on both teams and both teams have had successful and great seasons regardless of the outcome. 15 weeks of games and the preseason is a grind and the kids should be proud. it seems like that fact has been lost here.

Yesterday was truly special. All the Glenville haters who been crying and throwing shots all year turned into the victims 💔.

Congrats to Poochie (and the award winning PAC thread) on his Mr. Ohio nomination. I saw that throw from the sideline. That was some Mahommes type sh- for real. Cant wait for the game tomorrow. South other weapons are massively underrated. Real athletes. Also two Mr. Ohio caliber players on the same field in a D4 state semi is a beautiful thing and also directly goes against the narrative nobody else in D4 getting off the bus with dudes but I digress.
this is what it's all about! Hopefully South keeps it close early and it goes down to the wire..

Your schools head coach (softball) gives "pitching lessons" to girls from other schools....your schools head girls basketball coach, after a down recruiting year and winning a few tournament games made the comment, "we proved we can win with North Canton girls." So....if anyone want to talk about neighborhood vs neighborhood that's fine....just not anyone form Hoover.

How about Hoban -Avon in the D2 semis? I believe Glenville lost to both so obviously they would not be favored in D2 and probably would not be playing this weekend in D2. Add Massillon and Cin. Anderson. Also D3 has Chardon, Toledo Central Catholic, Celina and Bishop Waterson. I don't think Glenville would be favored to win D3 either so why does them being D4 an issue?

Stacking teams and winning titles whether public or private teaches kids nothing of value whether you’re on the giving or receiving end of a beating . Nobody will ever convince me otherwise. Yeah I know , life isn’t fair . High school football should be.

Reactions: y2h
They go to Tri-C when they can't read at grade level?

You're really not doing them any favors.
Honestly, you'd be surprised how easy the state has made it for kids to take college classes in HS on the taxpayers dime. You'd be even more surprised when you see how many of them aren't reading or writing at grade level. This is the topic for discussion on another forum though.