Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Glenville by 1-8

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Glenville by 9-16

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • Glenville by 17+

Votes: 62 44.3%

• Total voters
Ginn Academy had been around since 2006, I believe. Glenville was D1 in football back then. So that means that your argument is nonsense. But then, you're a Glenville-hater, so I understand. Nonsense is all you know
Nonsense is Glenville, who recruits the Metro Cleveland area, competing with small suburban and rural teams...why even have divisions?

Going incommunicado tomorrow morning Canton South Wildcats and won't be back till Saturday around noon but wishing you boys,staff,fans and everyone on South District the best for a win to get in the finals at TBHOFS.You all can win this but remember enjoy the moment everyone,aint nothing like it...BAM!
So right Raymo. And you don’t know when you’ll get this chance again. Go Wildcats. Make Canton proud.

Glenville will not bring any fans, the Glenville/Ginn Academy has no community support. But the kids would have to live in the Glenville School district to have a community. They may have had 50 fans at the Regional Finals and most had no class like some of the athletes playing the game.
Keep talking about all of them like that… that’s sure to make it better.

Nonsense is Glenville, who recruits the Metro Cleveland area, competing with small suburban and rural teams...why even have divisions?
south park beat a dead horse GIF

Keep it up. You’re bound to feel better eventually.

How is Glenville recruiting? The kids who go there want to be there. They don't need any persuasion.

And cry me a goddamn river about suburban schools. They have all of the odds stacked in their favor when they play city schools. Nobody bats an eye. But let a city school compete with suburban and private schools on more equal terms. Then, all of a sudden, it's wrong, unfair, etc.

Go away

Last edited:
How is Glenville recruiting? The kids who go there want to be there. They don't need any persuasion.

And cry me a goddamn river about suburban schools. They have all of the odds stacked in their favor when they play city schools. Nobody bats an eye. But let a city school compete with suburban and private schools on more equal terms. Then, all of a sudden, it's wrong, unfair, etc.

Go away
Exactly. Suburban schools schedule city schools for wins. When one of those city schools don’t play by those rules, I guess it’s time to make the big fuss.

Interviews today include:

1:03 Coach Matt Dennison, QB Poochie Snyder, Canton South

ESPN 990, stream on ESPN990.com

This is such a lie! We travel well enough that we tailgate before the games! We start cooking about 4pm. As glenville fan (alumni class of 93) we show respect to everyone.
[sarcasm]

You clearly don’t respect everyone. We have a narrative that we have to believe about Glenville or else our whole belief system crumbles. Therefore, you guys cheat and teach your kids to showboat and in the heat of the moment when 16, 17, and 18yo black boys show emotion, they instantly become thugs. It just helps us feel better.

[/sarcasm]

I dont know if a state final four team is intimidated, but I strongly believe the Shelby coaching staff was. They called some boneheaded plays early in the game. When you go back-of-the-playbook in the 1st quarter youre telling your team you cant compete straight up. That mindset can sink into players head. Thats partially why I can't see South making this a 4 quarter game. They dont schedule 'up'. Im not criticizing them, they have league games and it appears they play regional games against teams in their wheelhouse. But thats the difference between South & the other 3 teams in the semifinals. All 3 schedule teams that can go deep in the playoffs, if not win it all. Has South EVER played a team in the same zip code as Glenville? Glenville just played one in Souths zip code 3 days ago.
When its 'business as usual' for Glenville and its ' shock the world' for South, well, that artificial high can only carry you so far
You make some good points Panther. That could effect Canton South most definitely.

Go away
The only time these folks on here even pretend to care about inner city schools is when they mention the gap between Ville and the rest of the Senate.

It's really a shame that this thread turned into Ginn Academy debate. there are 2 great teams playing with kids playing in a once in a lift time game and the talk is about controversy outside of the game. Like or not, the OHSAA assigned Glenville to D4 so that's where they are playing. As far as the game, I think Glenville will win but South has an excellent team. They have a great quarterback and receivers, a big physical running back and a very physical line. There defense played excellent against West Branch and Struthers. I think Glenville's athletes will win out in the end but South is not a pushover.

Good luck Canton South!

But man, this thread has been childish and annoying to read because of a few folks with an axe to grind. Grow up.
Isn't Wayne County Admin where the whole Private v. Public debate came from??? This isn't far off... Inequity in High School athletics... It is not an axe grind. A couple PAC posters (go look at their thread it is the essence of childish) telling people to Grow up haha. Maybe you should grow up to talk about a complex issue/loophole the OHSAA has left open.

Sorry I’m off topic, I need to stop arguing with fools.

can it be that Poochie is enough of a factor to keep CS hanging around in this game?
Have watched him in person 5 times. The kid is legit. He's not as big as Allar was when he played at Medina, but he's just so smooth. Parent of one of his league opponents told me "You want to hate him because he's so good, but then you watch him and you can't help but be thankful that you got to watch him play."

Glenville is awesome so really excited to see what he can do again them.

Isn't Wayne County Admin where the whole Private v. Public debate came from??? This isn't far off... Inequity in High School athletics... It is not an axe grind. A couple PAC posters (go look at their thread it is the essence of childish) telling people to Grow up haha. Maybe you should grow up to talk about a complex issue/loophole the OHSAA has left open.
The good ol' loophole!

Some of us use this forum as a way to combine sports and humor to get through everyday life, hence the award-winning PAC thread. I'm glad you noticed!

In an unrelated topic, does Glenville... err, Ginn Academy... have a BellStores nearby?

It's really a shame that this thread turned into Ginn Academy debate. there are 2 great teams playing with kids playing in a once in a lift time game and the talk is about controversy outside of the game. Like or not, the OHSAA assigned Glenville to D4 so that's where they are playing. As far as the game, I think Glenville will win but South has an excellent team. They have a great quarterback and receivers, a big physical running back and a very physical line. There defense played excellent against West Branch and Struthers. I think Glenville's athletes will win out in the end but South is not a pushover.
I promised myself I wouldn’t discuss the topic when I returned to this forum but it is difficult. My intent is not ridicule Glenville as much as seeing this from the perspective of a team like South who is fielding a team that is nothing short of a miracle for a small school and those kid’s hardships are somewhat ignored. None of them are living in Glenmoor. . We’ll see how it goes . I hope they can pull it off. I remember crying a little when a little country school from Beloit pulled off an unlikely title. The teenage kids in the stands looked at me with amazement because of my emotion, they had no idea how rare it was at the time.

Last edited:
The good ol' loophole!

Some of us use this forum as a way to combine sports and humor to get through everyday life, hence the award-winning PAC thread. I'm glad you noticed!

In an unrelated topic, does Glenville... err, Ginn Academy... have a BellStores nearby?
rhos GIF by Real Housewives of Sydney

PITMAN: YOU ARE CHILDISH. GROW UP.
Meanwhile over in the PAC thread Childish antics...
I love the childish antics but hate hypocrisy. Don't get butthurt when you get called on your double standard bro. It is very similar to Ginn Academy honks beating their chest after going through the DIV IV playoffs like a hot knife through butter.

Next time you can just tag me if you'd like. Would be easier.

I'm happy to talk about the OHSAA, but Yappi does not allow for the kind of language I'd use. At this point I'll just say if the character of the organization improved 1000% they'd be elevated to simply "frauds."

My issue is a folks taking over a game thread to throw mud about a system issue. It's been the same thing every week just like it was last year. At this point I expect that the fan base of Glenville's next opponent will have an issue, but it's the same jabronis showing up week after week to just to gripe. Frankly, it's kinda sad.

I dont know if a state final four team is intimidated, but I strongly believe the Shelby coaching staff was. They called some boneheaded plays early in the game. When you go back-of-the-playbook in the 1st quarter youre telling your team you cant compete straight up. That mindset can sink into players head. Thats partially why I can't see South making this a 4 quarter game. They dont schedule 'up'. Im not criticizing them, they have league games and it appears they play regional games against teams in their wheelhouse. But thats the difference between South & the other 3 teams in the semifinals. All 3 schedule teams that can go deep in the playoffs, if not win it all. Has South EVER played a team in the same zip code as Glenville? Glenville just played one in Souths zip code 3 days ago.
When its 'business as usual' for Glenville and its ' shock the world' for South, well, that artificial high can only carry you so far
Most of the schools in Ohio are not perennial powers in football. Schools like Canton South may have a once in a generation team. If they schedule up, in most years they wouldn't be able to compete. Scheduling similar teams for out of conference games make sense and make for entertaining schools. We see quite a few of the same teams in the playoff semis and finals every year. Both public and private. It is just the way things are.
"Canton South football's OHSAA playoff historyThey own a 7-7 postseason record all-time, with this year's three playoff wins being the most in one season for the Wildcats. In addition to their current run from 2020-23, they also made the playoffs three straight years from 2006-08 and in 1987."

Is there going to be any way to watch this game online? And Canton South with the win for me they play like a PAC 12 team in high school I think it will be high scoring, but Glenville will make more mistakes.

Regarding the game... I made a comparison last week about Canton South QB Poochie Snyder... Disclaimer: This in no way projects similar career trajectories or success; merely comparing styles of play and other similarities...

When it comes to Snyder's competitiveness, being a "gamer," his moxie, poise, and being underestimated by those who haven't seen him play, he reminds me a lot of a former Ohio HS QB who was recently ruled out for the season. And I feel like this game has a lot of parallels to that QB's state title matchup against TCC. Glenville - like TCC was - is the heavy favorite in this game and should win handily. But something about this QB makes me feel like he'll keep it closer than expected, albeit in an inevitable loss, garnering a lot of respect from the football community.

For those of you attending the game Friday in Wadsworth, make sure you look up directions to the stadium, it’s not at WHS. Also, good pre/post game place for drinks/food if you’re into that kinda thing is Tailgators. Close to stadium. Great wings !

I certainly don’t think CS is a push-over. They have had an amazing run! Unfortunately, based on what I saw vs. Buchtel, I don’t think CS will have the athletic depth to survive this one.