• Archbishop Alter by 1-7

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Archbishop Alter by 8-16

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Archbishop Alter by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glenville got to play its cleanest game of the season because Alter is extremely disciplined and will execute along with being very talented. The drive ending penalties will cost you a state championship vs a program like Alter so the boys better lock in mentally. Should be a great game between two great programs.

It's gonna be a battle, for sure. Two great teams. I hope Glenville can get the win. Nothing against Alter, by the way.

Seems the way to stymie the Tarblooders is to play keep away and shorten the game. Don't think Alter wants to get into a shootout. They've been successful running the ball this season. Four guys with over 500 yards rushing.

9 points allowed in 5 playoff games. 16 points allowed against DIV opposition in 7 games. Obviously, some serious talent and well-coached.

I remember Wyoming gave a good account of themselves against Glenville in last year's state title game. Hoping for another competitive contest this season.

Last edited:
I’ll have to ignore who these two teams are and try to enjoy it from a pure football standpoint…….it will be hard.

I’ll have to ignore who these two teams are and try to enjoy it from a pure football standpoint…….it will be hard

Attachments

• 4C499422-6066-475C-8619-A9426BEEB8D9.jpeg
    4C499422-6066-475C-8619-A9426BEEB8D9.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 62
I think Alters offense can give Glenville some problems. I think pure spread teams play into what glenville likes to do on defense.

This has the potential to be a dandy

I think Glenville is the odds on favorite but if Alter can keep possession and keep churning out 3 - 4 yard gains out of the bone they can pull off the upset. Hoping it’s a good game and hoping Alter can pull of the upset.

...respect to the Knights, but the recency bias of Stueby's beatdown/meltdown won't change my take- Tarblooders with too much size, athleticism, speed.
The 'Ville by 3 scores

...respect to the Knights, but the recency bias of Stueby's beatdown/meltdown won't change my take- Tarblooders with too much size, athleticism, speed.
The 'Ville by 3 scores
Alter has heard throughout the playoffs that they are to small and not quick enough including this past week by all the BR faithful. What they lack in those areas they have made up for in discipline and structure/game plans . A defense that’s given up 9 total points in 5 playoff games is certainly formidable. Hopefully they can keep you tarblooders under 60 points.

Alter has heard throughout the playoffs that they are to small and not quick enough including this past week by all the BR faithful. What they lack in those areas they have made up for in discipline and structure/game plans . A defense that’s given up 9 total points in 5 playoff games is certainly formidable. Hopefully they can keep you tarblooders under 60 points.

Not a Tarblooder, tho I saw them a few times this year. I respect Ginn and his program, yet question the 'Ville belonging in DIV, but that's neither here nor there, been chewed over ad nauseum here on Yappi. It is what it is.
However, whilst they are in this division, it's a herculean task for any other DIV school to take them down. Trust me, the IMG's, Avon and Hoban's of the world have gotten Glenville plenty prepared for DIV playoff foes potential "discipline and structure/game plans". (to me, Chardon vs TCC rings a similar storyline). Gene Hackman in "Hoosiers" can give ya all the inspirational fodder needed ;) , but as Shelby, Perkins and Canton South realized, this is a different animal. Beatable? It's HS football, of course it's possible. But..... I'll stand by my three scores prediction; hope I'm wrong, cuz, I'll be in fact rooting for the Knights. I'd love to come back here next Saturday and stand corrected. ✔️

Last edited:
I don’t know how good Alter’s payoff opponents have been, but Glenville will be the best team they play. Waaaaay better than any playoff team they played. Last year Wyoming had given up like 50 all year and Glenville got 26.

I actually think it’ll be a game. But Glenville will get their 4 TDs and however many 2pt attempts they convert.

And we really need a “Glenville shouldn’t be in D4” thread. Whether they should or shouldn’t, they are.

Last edited:
I don’t know how good Alter’s payoff opponents have been, but Glenville will be the best team they play. Waaaaay better than any playoff team they played. Last year Wyoming had given up like 50 all year and Glenville got 26.

I actually think it’ll be a game. But Glenville will get their 4 TDs and however many 2pt attempts they convert.

And we really need a “Glenville shouldn’t be in D4” thread. Whether they should it shouldn’t, they are.
No argument that Glenville will be the best team they have played this year(I would’ve liked to see Glenville and hamilton Badin or Trotwood Madison play though). Idc about the debate of if they should be DIV or not at this point . They are here and it’s irrelevant
For this game . Wyoming was very good last year but their schedule was really weak and the CHL is typically not that strong . They played 2 teams during the regular season with a winning record .
If Alter can slow the game down and limit possessions for Glenville there’s a shot. If it turns into a shootout that obviously plays in Glenvilles favor.

I think this game will be closer than people think. Alters has a great defense and good offense. Both teams have played tough teams, thus the losses they both had. However, neither team has been blown out
Alter, has played the #1 D1V and DIII teams this year and I expect a good game Saturday