• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently in high school football your momentum is allowed to be carried into the end zone on downed punts and you can still down it at the 1? Hoban was even spotted 2 points by the officials.
The kicking team cannot advance the punt. Since he possessed it on the 1 yard line it's dead there. If he had touched it and then the ball had rolled into the endzone the receivers would have the option of taking the ball at the spot of first touching, the one, or the result of the play, a touchback.

almost 15, 000 fans ........... how was it getting iinto the stadium last nite .. ? Was ticket scanning and body scans done without a hitch ........ had to be long lines getting into the stadium ..... they saw a good one ....
Lines weren't terrible about 40 mins prior to kickoff. I'd say 14,900 was a low-ball. I sincerely doubt there were 9000 empty seats in that stadium last night. Home side was 95% full, away was probably 75%. End zone was the only obviously empty area. My eyeball guess was more like 18-19k.

3rd and 1 fumbling the ball. 3rd and 1 the center hiking the ball over the quarterback 's head. The punter dropping the snap. A lineman on a 4th and 10 on Massillon 's first score sacking the quarterback but grabbing his face mask allowing possession to be maintained were all critical to the outcome. That had nothing to do with Massillon being more physical which they weren't. Both defenses were equally physical. Owens took a beating and was limping around quite a bit. Hoban's quarterback also took a beating. Bottom line Massillon played a much cleaner, disciplined game, no turnovers, far fewer penalties and deserved to win. I also think Massillon has a better coach than Hoban. Congratulations to Massillon
Sounds like Mike Wright problems to me he’s bullied centers all season.

To Boykin's credit he wasn't expected to be the starting QB after last season. He was a fantastic DB last year as an underclassman then was left to take over at QB when the Long kid moved back to WV. As a junior he led the 3rd best team in the state to within 20 yards of a state championship. He was certainly no all-star but the kid deserves some credit.

Lines weren't terrible about 40 mins prior to kickoff. I'd say 14,900 was a low-ball. I sincerely doubt there were 9000 empty seats in that stadium last night. Home side was 95% full, away was probably 75%. End zone was the only obviously empty area. My eyeball guess was more like 18-19k.
thanks obie....... how many entrances into the stadium ......... last year there was only one..........

The kicking team cannot advance the punt. Since he possessed it on the 1 yard line it's dead there. If he had touched it and then the ball had rolled into the endzone the receivers would have the option of taking the ball at the spot of first touching, the one, or the result of the play, a touchback.
It appeared on the replay the ball was on the 1 yard line when the8 Hoban player downed it. I believe it was a good call. Refs make mistakes all the time. They are human. I don't believe they purposely favor one team over another. Congratulations Massillon. Also Hoban should hold their heads high too. Both teams played their hearts out. Somebody has to win somebody has to lose. That is life.

Congratulations to Massillon. D II is likely to remain pretty darn competitve, but I suspect the Tigers may win #2 pretty quickly.
I've always thought there was a real advantage to seeing the class ahead of you do it as it is a great lesson in how to get there. The disadvantage is that it sets expectations and puts a target on your back, but Massillon always has high expectations and a target on their back.

BTW, Shawn Crable has been pretty quiet on Twitter/X. Showing off a basketball ring is one thing, but now he’s going to get trolled big time with a football 💍.
I bet he has been quiet. He pulled his kids from Massillon to chase football rings at Hoban. Hasn't quite worked out for him or his kids now, has it? Just think, Tayte could be celebrating a state championship this morning with his friends had he stayed.

I bet he has been quiet. He pulled his kids from Massillon to chase football rings at Hoban. Hasn't quite worked out for him or his kids now, has it? Just think, Tayte could be celebrating a state championship this morning with his friends had he stayed.
Yea it's sad that when a parents ego hinders a kids opportunities to be successful especialy with his life long friends. If he was the man/tiger I thought he was , he would have humbly come back to his home town. But, good riddance. And GO Tigers.

Last edited:
For people who like defensive battles, you had to love that one. Might have been the best one ever. 7-2. Whew. They could play 10 more times and them offenses ain't scoring. Fewest mistakes wins. I'll take it! Congrats to Hoban what an effort too but I am a Massillon fan and our D played their hearts out!!!!!!!!!! That Hoban o-line was massive!

WAY TO GO TIGERS. YOU'VE PUT IN THE TIME, NOW ENJOY THE SPOILS OF YOUR
VICTORY OVER THE HOBAN KNIGHTS. TIGERTOWN IS HAPPY, & RIGHTFULLY SO.

I'VE SAID IT OFTEN, I'LL SAY IT AGAIN. MAS$ILLON IS THE GREATEST
HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED
STATES. TIGERTOWN, THE CITY OF CHAMPIONS, CONTINUES TO ENJOY
THE MASSIVE NUMBER OF Ws THE TEAMS HAVE ACCUMULATED THRU
THE YEARS. NICE TO SEE THEM GET THE MONKEY OFF THEIR BACK.
NOW THEY HAVE ONE ON THE FIELD. HOPEFULLY THAT WILL BE THE
FIRST OF MANY MORE. CONGRATULATIONS TIGERS. I WISH I COULD
HAVE BEEN THERE TO SIT IN THE STADIUM AND ENJOY THE W. :banana:👏

Status
Not open for further replies.