Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can beat Hoban with the kid from Massillon
I’m sure you could, but that’s unlikely to be the reality. We’ll see what happens next week. Good luck to both teams, but I hope that for a Hoban win. You Massilonians are going to be insufferable if you win.

Two elite defenses. Don’t see how Hoban scores enough points without any passing game. Running QBs have killed Hoban. Winton Woods 2021 and Glenville game this year I read witten had several long runs playing QB.
Hoban has faced a couple of running quarterbacks this year and have given up a few big runs but have also made a lot of stops. The Massillon quarterback is outstanding and very fast athletic and seems to be difficult to stop. This Hoban team this year has played some games where they played clean, no or few penalties and when they did they looked great. Other games, they had a lot of penalties, turned the ball over, etc. If both teams bring their A game it will go down to the wire and either team can win it. If Hoban plays sloppy Massillon wins by 2 touchdowns. My gut tells me Hoban wins.

Massillon is flat out better than Hoban this year IMO. The main thing they need to avoid is an "oh sh here we go again" type moment early on. If they just grind it out, play clean and execute there is no doubt in my mind they win.
It would appear Massillon is better than Hoban but you never know until 2 teams actually play. Everyone the last 2 years said Ohio State was better than Michigan and yet Michigan won convincingly both years. Ohio State was favored by 8 points both years. This year Michigan is favored by 4 points. Ohio State may well beat them. A big factor is how teams match up. Strength vs strength. Strength vs weakness etc. No doubt Hoban and Massillon are the 2 best teams in d2. Avon a close 3rd. StEds a top 2 or 3 in the state. Another team that I believe could go toe to toe with StEds,Hoban,Massillon, Avon is Toledo Central Catholic. That team is tough.

It would appear Massillon is better than Hoban but you never know until 2 teams actually play. Everyone the last 2 years said Ohio State was better than Michigan and yet Michigan won convincingly both years. Ohio State was favored by 8 points both years. This year Michigan is favored by 4 points. Ohio State may well beat them. A big factor is how teams match up. Strength vs strength. Strength vs weakness etc. No doubt Hoban and Massillon are the 2 best teams in d2. Avon a close 3rd. StEds a top 2 or 3 in the state. Another team that I believe could go toe to toe with StEds,Hoban,Massillon, Avon is Toledo Central Catholic. That team is tough.
Yeah I agree. I shouldnt have said there is no doubt because Hoban winning wouldnt shock me at all. Just think Massillon A game is a little bit better than Hoban's

Yeah I agree. I shouldnt have said there is no doubt because Hoban winning wouldnt shock me at all. Just think Massillon A game is a little bit better than Hoban's
Could be. I guess will know next Thursday. Good luck to both teams. I just hope both fan bases are classy and don't come on here and trash either school no matter the outcome. Somebody has to win somebody has to lose. Both are great programs. Win with humility, lose with grace.

Could be. I guess will know next Thursday. Good luck to both teams. I just hope both fan bases are classy and don't come on here and trash either school no matter the outcome. Somebody has to win somebody has to lose. Both are great programs. Win with humility, lose with grace.
Sarcastic Chicago Fire GIF by NBC

You sure about that? Akron has been the hot bed for all your talent.
I’m 100 percent positive. I’ve watched him beat Ed’s. So yea I’m sure about that. And all of our talent? Shows how much you don’t know our roster. And even if our roster was all Akron kids so what? Look at Hoban’s roster. They hit more cities and counties than anyone. I don’t give a 💩 if they’re allowed too because they’re private. Nothing more to say this week. Massillon wins Thursday night and that’s all that matters

New year same story. Massillon fans yelling out how they’re gonna beat Hoban and come Thursday night same result as past? I remember vividly 2020 when they all said how great they were and unbeatable in their own house. Whoops! 🫣

Gotta love the new “members” coming out of mommy’s basement.
Reiterating that Massillon has 0 state championships on the field despite 50+ years of playoffs is my only purpose. All you have to do is win ONE and I'll be gone.

Also if your fans didn't react with entire essays on why they are so great every time I poke fun at that fact I wouldn't get so much enjoyment out of it. But dang y'all are sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.