• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
'If Massillon doesn't win this game, then they messed up. Massillon is the perfect team to play Hoban. Massillon's down linemen and linebackers are great. Hoban will have a very hard time running the ball. The are going to have to pass, and Hoban will need to protect the QB. That will be difficult against these players. Massillon will not need to score much, but they should get at least 24 and win the game. Good luck to the Tigers

Not whining at all….just speaking the truth. You and others have cried for years about how unfair the public’s have it and used it as reasons why Massillon has lost. Now your 2 best players aren’t from Massillon and everything is a-ok.
In order to compete with the hand-picked parochial powerhouses the publics need to get transfers... Gotta fight fire with fire....
You beat a team last night who had all their kids from the same district (no open enrollment) but not a word about the unfair advantage you had
Just because a district doesn't have open enrollment doesn't mean they don't have transfers....

All the pressure on Massillon. Everyone thinks they are going to win. Hoban has nothing to lose and everything to gain. As a result they will play free and easy. Motivational advantage to Hoban as a result. TT and his coaches will use that to their advantage.
Good to see that even though your school is afraid to schedule Hoban, you still have the courage to post on Hoban threads.

MAS$ILLON 49 HOBAN 48
ONCE AGAIN THE TIGERS' WILL DEMONSTRATE WHY
TIGERTOWN HAS THE GREATEST HIGHSCHOOL FOOT-
BALL PROGRAM IN THE HISTORY OF THIS COUNTRY.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIGERS.

Last edited:
All the pressure on Massillon. Everyone thinks they are going to win. Hoban has nothing to lose and everything to gain. As a result they will play free and easy. Motivational advantage to Hoban as a result. TT and his coaches will use that to their advantage.
What a bunch of nonsense.... First of all, not everyone thinks they are going to win as evidenced by the posters on here... Second of all, Hoban has just as much to lose as Massillon - the state championship... Third of all, do you really think that a bunch of 15-18 years olds actually think about pressure? Kids that age are lucky to remember what they had for breakfast that day... Fourth of all, if you actually think the Hoban will have the motivational advantage after all those years of losing to them then you are more nutty than I originally thought.... Which is pretty hard to do....

From a neutral standpoint who saw both teams play quite a bit this year, I think Massillon has enough this year to finally do it. Owens is pretty much unstoppable and Hoban hasn’t beaten teams the way they have in years past.

Hoban has played some tight games more recently than Massillon though. Don’t know how much of an affect that will have, if any at all. But if Hoban is down 2 scores they are not out of the game by any means.

From a neutral standpoint who saw both teams play quite a bit this year, I think Massillon has enough this year to finally do it. Owens is pretty much unstoppable and Hoban hasn’t beaten teams the way they have in years past.

Hoban has played some tight games more recently than Massillon though. Don’t know how much of an affect that will have, if any at all. But if Hoban is down 2 scores they are not out of the game by any means.
Hoban's quarterback is the wildcard for me. If he plays well hoban imo has a 50% chance of winning. If he plays like he has the last 2 weeks Hoban will lose

Too bad it is only D2, not big school football.

So? Why does this matter? There's D2, D3, and even D4 teams that can and do beat D1 teams all the time. When the divisions are based on number of male students, it does not reflect skill and ability. So this kind of comment is irrelevant and meaningless.

So? Why does this matter? There's D2, D3, and even D4 teams that can and do beat D1 teams all the time. When the divisions are based on number of male students, it does not reflect skill and ability. So this kind of comment is irrelevant and meaningless.
I think the posters general notion is correct. Larger divisions are more hard to win. However, if Massillon beats Hoban and had a two year streak against the D1 winner.. It's going to be hard to take the shine off the D2 trophy.

Been preaching this for years.

Curious with Pringle. I do believe his dad was a Massillon kid. That being said who wouldn’t want their stud kid to play for the hometown team?
Spoke with an Anderson players father last nite. The west Virginia offered tight end as well as both starting freshman dbs and multiple other players transferred in to be apart of Dreyers program.
Moore has built a program that gets these kids into colleges. So, there's no need to recruit, it's called attract, ya big dummies.
Not making any excuses here because I believe Massillon wins Thursday, but Hoban selects and offers scholarships/ vouchers to what ever outstanding athletes they choose to admit. You have to be exceptional to compete with them, which Massillon is.
The Tigers few transfers does not compare with the knights entire roster of transfers. Remember, and I know this rubs many the wrong way, but, every kid attending private schools is part of or lives within a public school district. So technically they are all transfers. True story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.