DII: Hoban vs Winton Woods Updates and Game Discussion

Man ,what’s crazy I don’t think this was Winton’s best team in the past 7-8 years but hey, they brought it home.
I agree, definitely not their most talented team as of late.

Shows you that maybe losing Parker was addition through subtraction.

Congrats to the Warriors, hell of a season and way to buy into some newer ideas.

From the 3 WW games I saw this season, they definitely looked more disciplined than usual. Great job to all in the program.

Seemed like WW was a step ahead all night. Almost like they got out coached. It wasnt like Hoban couldnt stop the run because it seemed like there were plenty of plays they stuffed WW for a loss. But once WW runners got past the LB's it ot scary. I didnt see too many highlights of Hoban this year but did Tyrell expect his QB to be more accurate? I saw NUMBEROUS plays where WW DB's blew the coverage and Hobans QB completely misfired.

Seemed like WW was a step ahead all night. Almost like they got out coached. It wasnt like Hoban couldnt stop the run because it seemed like there were plenty of plays they stuffed WW for a loss. But once WW runners got past the LB's it ot scary. I didnt see too many highlights of Hoban this year but did Tyrell expect his QB to be more accurate? I saw NUMBEROUS plays where WW DB's blew the coverage and Hobans QB completely misfired.
You couldnt be more on point. This showed a great coach versus a recruiter who cant gameplan. The opinion in Summit county after Green put up 500+ yds last week on WW was Hoban would roll. WW came out and outplayed Hoban from the start. Great job WW

I'm from Portage County but I never though Hoban would roll. I figured a 28-21 game. Winton Woods has always been tough just like St Edward or Mogadore. Bring the game and let;s see who wins. I was not shocked today. Both are great teams (Hoban and WW) and today Winton Woods was a step better and a little better coached. It is football my friends and the best team wins on that day. I was asked years ago about playing at a different school I went to school at and said no. Was I recruited, I say no and this was before open enrollment. Enough, Congrats to Winton Woods and maybe next year will face Barberton, Avon, Avon Lake, or Massillon.

For those who may not have seen the game, the score is actually closer than the game. Hoban scored 0 offensive touchdowns and were held to a FG after getting a turnover deep in WW territory.
The WW defense was everything the posters say it was.
Hopefully if I’m in town next WW vs Walnut Hills game the WW guys will chip in and treat me to PAPPADEAUX’s or something to celebrate ?

I'm from Portage County but I never though Hoban would roll. I figured a 28-21 game. Winton Woods has always been tough just like St Edward or Mogadore. Bring the game and let;s see who wins. I was not shocked today. Both are great teams (Hoban and WW) and today Winton Woods was a step better and a little better coached. It is football my friends and the best team wins on that day. I was asked years ago about playing at a different school I went to school at and said no. Was I recruited, I say no and this was before open enrollment. Enough, Congrats to Winton Woods and maybe next year will face Barberton, Avon, Avon Lake, or Massillon.
I was not surprised, either. Avon had little trouble moving the ball against Hoban. Avon made Sperling carry 30 times to get his 270 and Avon’s D had given up yards all year. A better D was going to give Hoban issues and WW had an excellent D. Congrats to them.