Dems ram through another massive spending fiasco

while I understand the sentiment, the people receiving social security benefits did not steal anything from anybody: they paid into the system themselves

the ones stealing from others are the lazy drug addled and worthless people of all ages on disability and SSI, not the senior citizens who worked all their lives and contributed every payday with all due respect..

you know, all those people who don't participate in the workforce and make it necessary to import all those migrants from south of the border to do the hard work that these American layabouts are unwilling to do? they would rather stay in their mom and dad's basement and play video games? those people? they are the ones stealing from future generations.
Many people who initially received social security never paid a penny in. They were simply given money. Perhaps FDR was ahead of his time. Trying to buy votes by giving away money (redistributing wealth).

As far as welfare. Blame that same FDR for that redistribution of wealth also. The dems started encouraging laziness, and still are today. Simply trying to buy votes. Unfortunate that there are so many ignorant people that it works for.

Many people who initially received social security never paid a penny in. They were simply given money. Perhaps FDR was ahead of his time. Trying to buy votes by giving away money (redistributing wealth).

As far as welfare. Blame that same FDR for that redistribution of wealth also. The dems started encouraging laziness, and still are today. Simply trying to buy votes. Unfortunate that there are so many ignorant people that it works for.
ok, but those people who initially received social security are now dead.

as other poster demonstrated, the biggest chunk of the current omnibus appropriations bill consists of DoD, and law enforcement / security expenditures.

1672151463519.png

THOSE are the people stealing from future generations, correct?

ok, but those people who initially received social security are now dead.

as other poster demonstrated, the biggest chunk of the current omnibus appropriations bill consists of DoD, and law enforcement / security expenditures.

View attachment 37580

THOSE are the people stealing from future generations, correct?
It is almost 2/3rds. Until you get this under control domestic social programs are largely irrelevant. I would say 2020 is the only exception when Trump signed a 2.3T bill that was more social than military related spending.

I find it amusing when people claim the two parties are so different. When it comes to fiscal responsibility neither party support that.

Total U.S. wages in 2019 were $11.9 trillion and individual income tax revenue was $1.6 trillion

Income taxes in the '50s, '60s, and '70s never dipped below 70%.

Reagan signed a bill in 1981 that cut the income tax rate from 70% to 50%.

When Carter left office, the national debt was $900 billion.

After Reagan and Bush I, the national debt was over $4.5 trillion.

Clinton's two terms saw the national debt grow by only $1.5 trillion.

W added $5.5 trillion in two terms.

Obama added about $9 trillion in two terms.

Donald Trump added over $8 trillion in 4 years.

I find it amusing when people claim the two parties are so different. When it comes to fiscal responsibility neither party support that.

Total U.S. wages in 2019 were $11.9 trillion and individual income tax revenue was $1.6 trillion

Not so different but by looking at your list of facts, it seems the dems are much more fiscally responsible if you had to choose 1 of the 2.

I’m assuming not but are these numbers factored for inflation?

Go ahead and use percentages. Bet it is directionally the same.
I’m not making an argument for or against either party. I’m just interested in seeing the numbers and was curious if it factored inflation. Stop being so partisan.

I’m not making an argument for or against either party. I’m just interested in seeing the numbers and was curious if it factored inflation. Stop being so partisan.
I am not. I don't know if it is factored or not. I am simply saying I doubt it changes the point he is making.

I am not. I don't know if it is factored or not. I am simply saying I doubt it changes the point he is making.

the point is that there is no difference which party is in the driver's seat, they both drive the car in the same direction, albeit sometimes at different speeds. so then what?

the point is that there is no difference which party is in the driver's seat, they both drive the car in the same direction, albeit sometimes at different speeds. so then what?
Exactly. In 2022, the bill is 1.7T. In 2020, it was 2.3T. They are both too high, but one is worse, and it is not even factored for inflation.

Exactly. In 2022, the bill is 1.7T. In 2020, it was 2.3T. They are both too high, but one is worse, and it is not even factored for inflation.
it's all electron money. that's what prevents a major depression from occurring as in the 30s when all money was hard currency.

those can't happen any more because all they have to do is push a button and billions appear in bank accounts.

the huge danger is if the grid goes down and you can't get gas when you put your debit card in the gas pump.

they pressed a button on a computer in 2009 and $BILLIONS appeared in AIG and bank accounts and stopped the collapse of the overnight bank transfers which had stopped all commerce based on short term credit needed by businesses to finance operations and buy inventory.

Banks stopped the overnight transfers because nobody knew who was going to go under the next day after Lehman brothers declared bankruptcy in Sept 2008 due to mark to market valuation of assets.

the first tronche of the $767B Economic Stabilization and Recovery Act.,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Economic_Stabilization_Act_of_2008

Last edited:
They never want to talk about that. It is always just spend, spend, spend and whine that they never have enough money.

Sickening.
In April, “we’re basically out of money.” Did FJB hit the lottery about 25 times to pay off this $1.7 trillion boondoggle?

Not so different but by looking at your list of facts, it seems the dems are much more fiscally responsible if you had to choose 1 of the 2.
Carter was the most unqualified b00b in my lifetime, if not forever. He gets no credit for anything positive. Zero from a zero.

Clinton had to work with a Pub Congress.

Obarry passed over a trillion dollars of “stimulus” and Omnibus spending his first 4 months in office and your team assigned those monstrousities to BadBush43 because they occurred in his fiscal year, although he NEVER SIGNED NOR AUTHORIZED this largesse.

Your team, starting with FDR, started spending money from the future. Own it.

These tomes that no one has time to read or given a chance to debate before they’re rammed through have to be put to an end. There needs to be reform of bill formatting and such

FEDGOV spending is STIMULUS spending.

Without Stimulus the consumer economy crashes.

Stimulus pumps money into private sector consumers hands through government contracts.

Deficit spending does not matter.

INflation is good. DEflation is bad

Electronic money means the FEDGOV can inject Billions into bank accounts with the press of a button, if it needs to.

It is therefore impossible to have a run on banks and people burying money in the backyard or stuffed in mattresses.

Hard currency will soon be obsolete if it isn't already.

All's right with the world :geek:

Carter was the most unqualified b00b in my lifetime, if not forever. He gets no credit for anything positive. Zero from a zero.

Clinton had to work with a Pub Congress.

Obarry passed over a trillion dollars of “stimulus” and Omnibus spending his first 4 months in office and your team assigned those monstrousities to BadBush43 because they occurred in his fiscal year, although he NEVER SIGNED NOR AUTHORIZED this largesse.

Your team, starting with FDR, started spending money from the future. Own it.
I’m just going with the facts. FDR was #1. Reagan was #3 at 186%. That is well over double Obama. Trump was a lofty 33%.

You will get silence or a nonsensical diversion from the question.
The spending in 1980 was $579 billion.
The spending shown so far in 2022 is 5.986 trillion.
Doing some math, that is a 932% increase in federal spending in 42 years.

Tell us spending isn’t the problem.