D7 R25 2023

I didn’t join to sh*tpost about anyone, so I’ve kept it positive . I will continue to say that I’m happy to support This new HC and what he’s trying to accomplish, even if it leads to a 1 win season this year. Some things are more important than W’s. As for being invested, my kids are third generation at JFK, so yeah, I have a lot invested.
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing support for the new coaches and the current players, we all encourage that, including the JFK posters who are not happy with the school.

It's the folks that are coming on here specifically trying to pick fights with people who are being critical of the school. It's the sensitivity of it - there is a lot of playful banter on this thread about darn near every school. The JFK back and forth, is more than playful banter. It's argumentative. Everytime someone says "JFK is going to get boat raced in the next 4 games" someone else comes on here and tells that person they're a "bleeping idiot"

To be honest, y'all are starting to turn this into the Tassillon Migers thread.

1692887511600.jpeg

That thread is actually good…

…it just happens to have a general posting population that hasn’t gotten with the changes in Yappi norms, or broader thought-based discussion, that has taken hold in the last 3-4 years when they talk outside the thread. They aren’t the only fanbase with this dilemma, but it’s the most visible and pronounced.

Like, they have some actually solid posters who talk Migers — but unfortunately a decent amount of those guys are trapped with 2010’s Yappi brain. Posters want to feel connection and be unified with peer posters from their school while in the safari of the statewide board, which isn’t an idea specific to that program in particular … it’s just that they inherited a ton of problems (self-inflicted and received) from years prior which explains the generally ‘walled-off’ hegemony.

- - -
This thread by comparison has much different demographics. Diverse representation of school communities, geographies, generations and posting styles. Which is why this thread will always continue to be great.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing support for the new coaches and the current players, we all encourage that, including the JFK posters who are not happy with the school.

It's the folks that are coming on here specifically trying to pick fights with people who are being critical of the school. It's the sensitivity of it - there is a lot of playful banter on this thread about darn near every school. The JFK back and forth, is more than playful banter. It's argumentative. Everytime someone says "JFK is going to get boat raced in the next 4 games" someone else comes on here and tells that person they're a "bleeping idiot"

I think it’s more the handful of people who have left that keep coming back with the sour grapes. I’ll always do what’s best for my kids, if that means taking them elsewhere, I’ll do it in a second. Anyone that’s gone to other programs because it’s in their kids best interest, more power to them. Maybe focus on the positives there and move forward rather than throwing daggers behind.

I think it’s more the handful of people who have left that keep coming back with the sour grapes. I’ll always do what’s best for my kids, if that means taking them elsewhere, I’ll do it in a second. Anyone that’s gone to other programs because it’s in their kids best interest, more power to them. Maybe focus on the positives there and move forward rather than throwing daggers behind.
Last thing - the people who are "throwing daggers behind" were also extremely critical of their team when they played poorly in the last several years. If they barely won, or played like crap, they were the first on here ripping them for how the played. And if they had a tough matchup, they were the first on here saying there was no chance JFK was going to win....

So their harsh perspectives on JFK football have been here even during the good times. I'd say we'd all be better served if the arguments stayed about football, rather than vendettas against each other or the school.

Lowellville came from behind to beat Columbiana by 1 in OT. Last year Lowellville whacked Columbiana. I don't think Columbiana is projected to be a factor in region 21 or their conference. However the Clippers did have a lot of injuries last year
Lisbon running clocked Windham. I think Windham will struggle mightily this year. Although I think Lisbon skill positions ain't half bad. But Lisbon has literally no size on their lines
Mathews lost to Jackson Milton by 4 TDs. Further proving Mathews winning record in 22 was due to a doable schedule and a crafty octogenarian head coach
McDonald beat Southetn in a back & forth contest. I think that's more indicative of McDonald getting back to Blue Devil football
Reserve posters seemed surprised that Malvern physically dominated them.
If I had to rank your teams that you mentioned....

1. McDonald
2. Southern
3. Lowellville
4. Reserve
5. Lisbon
6. Mathews

👍

Good games this week. Memorial/Lowellville looks to be the one. Maybe Mustangs/Southeast

At least JFK soccer is winning minus the tie against Canfield.

I like the new JFK posters. Take a stand "Die on your Shield"

Please explain and elaborate to me the concept of " Win the right way?"

Last edited:
I don’t think we have any Thursday games in the pick’em again. Do we? Submit picks/edits will be cut at 7pm time stamp Friday. Anything submitted after a kick-off is a non-pick. (This would be true for a Thursday game as well…