D4 R16 Playoff Teams 2019

Do you think it’s time that Kenton changes up the offensive scheme but not completely ditch the 5 wide but add more of a running game?
A lot of us have been been saying this same thing. Everyone thought Fackler would change the offense a bit when he took over but it didn't happen.

Kenton was a shock to me. I felt they could’ve won the Region. Indian Hill, Wyoming and Roger Bacon were impressive with Valley View.

The tables in the CHL shall be turning soon, IH has youth teams that will be in HS before you know it, and their middle school teams just ran the table (blowout wins). Their future is bright....as long as they can keep kids in district.
Tables turning how so? It's not like IH has not been competitive in the CHL.

Tables turning as in there will be a new king of the mountain in the CHL.
I hope that Wyoming gets another couple of schools who can challenge them more year-to-year. A good part of their CHL schedule involves a running clock, and that's no fun for anyone on either side of the ball. The Cowboys have built a solid program over several years (not just 1 or 2 good kids) and likely aren't going down without a fight. When you go for the king, make sure you hit him! =)

The tables in the CHL shall be turning soon, IH has youth teams that will be in HS before you know it, and their middle school teams just ran the table (blowout wins). Their future is bright....as long as they can keep kids in district.

Wouldn't call the IH-WYO middle school game this year a blowout. I believe the final was 22-12 and was 14-12 with a minute or so left when the IH QB broke an 85 yard run.

The Wyoming Freshman class is absolutely loaded this year. Both teams have bright futures and will continue to be the class of the CHL. Wish the other schools in the league could pick it up a notch.

Wouldn't call the IH-WYO middle school game this year a blowout. I believe the final was 22-12 and was 14-12 with a minute or so left when the IH QB broke an 85 yard run.

The Wyoming Freshman class is absolutely loaded this year. Both teams have bright futures and will continue to be the class of the CHL. Wish the other schools in the league could pick it up a notch.
Extremely unfortunate for McGee to go down, but it allowed the freshman Hester to get some playoff PT, and he ran for 147 last week on a week 11 stage. Let's not forget that historically, Wyoming runs, runs and runs some more. With him having three more years, as well as Jr. RB Beau Thomas coming back, I think they'll be just fine. And I think Wyoming JV ran the table as well, but I could be wrong. All that said, I expect IH to be right there, as they have been, and continue to give Wyoming all they can handle and possibly break that CHL streak. I don't see anyone else stepping up to that challenge in the league anytime soon.

But we still have this year to worry about, so I am hoping the Cowboys can keep it rolling onto the regional finals. As was mentioned, IH played cover 0 and had the safeties in the box, and still gave up 300. What changes can they make to keep Prater in check this week?

Kenton quarterback has been inconsistant all year. Alot of good and alot of bad! He has alot of potential but just wasnt on his game saturday night. Kenton had 3 of its 4 starting dlineman out, along with the linebacker that was out. Dont know if it would have made a difference. We lose 6 guys next year but there key guys. Everyone is back but next year there in the same boat. Depth will be an issue so have to stay healthy. Jayden Cornell is back with Jacob Eversole. Be interesting to see where cornell goes!!! Good luck to all the team still playing!!!! Go Cats!

Wyoming isn’t your typical D4 program. I’m sorry. There is a culture there that draws talent from around Wyoming city limits.
Let’s face it, that team could complete with most D3-2 teams. They benefit from being smack dab in the middle of Cincinnati. They’re smart!
All credit to the Cowboys! Indian Hill is a carbon copy.
Teams from rural areas don’t have the luxury that city based districts do. Not an excuse but it’s facts. Milton had a QB as good as Wyoming’s but that was 13 years ago (Mitch Evans). We likely won’t have that kind of talent again for decades.
Give credit where credit is due. Wyoming is a great program and earned my respect. Best of luck to the Cowboys going forward.

Do you think it’s time that Kenton changes up the offensive scheme but not completely ditch the 5 wide but add more of a running game?

All Kenton needs to make that offense go is a QB that can really run the ball well and be a consistent passer. When they get their better dual threat QB's, they can make the 5 Wide sets really work.

To me, Wyoming's most difficult match up may be this week against a rival that's very familiar with them. The scores in many of those games are tight and Indian Hill is at least familiar with the Cowboy offensive scheme. To see how well IH played at Kenton, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them beat Wyoming. Should be a close game.

Wyoming isn’t your typical D4 program. I’m sorry. There is a culture there that draws talent from around Wyoming city limits.
Let’s face it, that team could complete with most D3-2 teams. They benefit from being smack dab in the middle of Cincinnati. They’re smart!
All credit to the Cowboys! Indian Hill is a carbon copy.
Teams from rural areas don’t have the luxury that city based districts do. Not an excuse but it’s facts. Milton had a QB as good as Wyoming’s but that was 13 years ago (Mitch Evans). We likely won’t have that kind of talent again for decades.
Give credit where credit is due. Wyoming is a great program and earned my respect. Best of luck to the Cowboys going forward.

I actually disagree with this somewhat. In 2018 and 2019, Wyoming has been the top team in this region. Over the years, this region in particular has been filled with some of the better teams in DIV. It's also filled with some of the most diverse offenses as well. We've seen great Kenton and Wyoming teams, both spread you out with great QB's for this level. We've seen teams like Alter and Clinton Massie be great with ball control, power running offenses, and strong defenses. Then you have Valley View that is often a mix of a spread, power run offensive system. It just depends on the year, but the dominant DIV team in R16 can look very different. Ironically, we've seen Kenton, Wyoming, Alter, and Clinton Massie all win the DIV state championship or be the runner up out of this region in the past 10 years.

2018: Wyoming (Champion)
2017: Clinton Massie (Runner Up)
2014: Alter (Runner Up)
2013: Clinton Massie (Champion)
2012: Clinton Massie (Champion)
2011: Kenton (Runner Up)
2009: Alter (Champion)
2008: Alter (Champion)

Essentially if you win this region, you have a great chance at making it to the state championship game. You'll also have to go through a diverse offense to get there. Many of the seasons these teams won the region, they had to beat one of the names I've mentioned on this list. I know Kenton has has many great games in this region against the likes of Clinton Massie. Alter and Clinton Massie did too.

Kenton quarterback has been inconsistant all year. Alot of good and alot of bad! He has alot of potential but just wasnt on his game saturday night. Kenton had 3 of its 4 starting dlineman out, along with the linebacker that was out. Dont know if it would have made a difference. We lose 6 guys next year but there key guys. Everyone is back but next year there in the same boat. Depth will be an issue so have to stay healthy. Jayden Cornell is back with Jacob Eversole. Be interesting to see where cornell goes!!! Good luck to all the team still playing!!!! Go Cats!

Is Cornell getting looked at by any colleges? He’s a tremendous player just not sure if he has the size to get big time offers

Dont really know. Havent talked to his dad in a while. I will say if he was 6 3 6 4 he could probably choose where he wants to go. His dad will argue but this kid is better than he was! Only time will tell i guess. Go Cats!!!!

I actually disagree with this somewhat. In 2018 and 2019, Wyoming has been the top team in this region. Over the years, this region in particular has been filled with some of the better teams in DIV. It's also filled with some of the most diverse offenses as well. We've seen great Kenton and Wyoming teams, both spread you out with great QB's for this level. We've seen teams like Alter and Clinton Massie be great with ball control, power running offenses, and strong defenses. Then you have Valley View that is often a mix of a spread, power run offensive system. It just depends on the year, but the dominant DIV team in R16 can look very different. Ironically, we've seen Kenton, Wyoming, Alter, and Clinton Massie all win the DIV state championship or be the runner up out of this region in the past 10 years.

2018: Wyoming (Champion)
2017: Clinton Massie (Runner Up)
2014: Alter (Runner Up)
2013: Clinton Massie (Champion)
2012: Clinton Massie (Champion)
2011: Kenton (Runner Up)
2009: Alter (Champion)
2008: Alter (Champion)

Essentially if you win this region, you have a great chance at making it to the state championship game. You'll also have to go through a diverse offense to get there. Many of the seasons these teams won the region, they had to beat one of the names I've mentioned on this list. I know Kenton has has many great games in this region against the likes of Clinton Massie. Alter and Clinton Massie did too.
in 2011 Kenton was in region 14 not 16

The Regional Final is set with Wyoming vs. Valley View. I would think this game comes down to the two defenses. Both teams have offenses that can put up points, but which defense can limit the other offense will be key. I worry a lot about VV getting enough pressure up front to help it's secondary not have to cover quite as long. It could be the single biggest factor in the game.