7th at Bellbrook

The 5th place boys 4x800m time at Mason of 8:16.28 would have been:
1st at Ross
3rd at Troy

The 5th place boys 4x800m time at Bellbrook of 8:03.15 would have been:
1st at Ross
1st at Troy
4th at Mason
Mason is definitely loaded in the distance events, but in the 200 there are 4 boys at Ross that missed the finals that would have qualified at Mason. Conversely 5 of the 8 Mason finalists wouldn't have qualified at Ross. And the fastest boy at Bellbrook wouldn't have even made the finals at Ross, 11 runners at Ross beat the #1 placer at Bellbrook.

The outlier does seem to be Troy which looks slow across the board.

Is there a possibility we could just start doing the extra two wild cards to regionals from districts like we do from regionals to state? I know Wayne (and probably the other regions, I don't know) only has 8 lanes, but is three heats of six for a prelim on Day 1 of regionals instead of two of 8 really a huge deal? Adds maybe 45 minutes to the meet, but gives additional high-level athletes a chance.

I think combining Ross/Mason and Bellbrook/Troy into one site, and then eiter making it a super distrcit (8 qualify to Regionals) or seeding the two districts, but remaining at one site, makes the most sense to me. It's easier and simpler than adding more at-large bids, or even reorganizng the distrcits geogrpahcially. And other Distrcits have done similar formats.

I do think the time AQ for State is a very interesting idea. But that would require a complete overhaul of the OHSAA tounrament system for Track.

I think combining Ross/Mason and Bellbrook/Troy into one site, and then eiter making it a super distrcit (8 qualify to Regionals) or seeding the two districts, but remaining at one site, makes the most sense to me. It's easier and simpler than adding more at-large bids, or even reorganizng the distrcits geogrpahcially. And other Distrcits have done similar formats.

I do think the time AQ for State is a very interesting idea. But that would require a complete overhaul of the OHSAA tounrament system for Track.

Had the AQ for State when I was in Virginia. From what I remember, the 8th place finish from the last 3 years was averaged. If your athlete bettered that mark during the season, had to be at an invite with FAT, you could have the meet director sign a form and that was your athlete's ticket in.

Liked it, as you could get an AQ out of the way and potentially chase another event in a postseason meet. Did add some extra heats in prelims, but worth it to me.

Had the AQ for State when I was in Virginia. From what I remember, the 8th place finish from the last 3 years was averaged. If your athlete bettered that mark during the season, had to be at an invite with FAT, you could have the meet director sign a form and that was your athlete's ticket in.

Liked it, as you could get an AQ out of the way and potentially chase another event in a postseason meet. Did add some extra heats in prelims, but worth it to me.
I like that a lot.

You have to look at al factors. wind might be blowing differently on the track. That doesn't affect the longer races but it could affect the sprints. I think qualifiers should go to top 2 places in the race then the next 1o fastest/farthest times/distances also qualifies. Prelims for regionals would be three heats lanes 2-7 (top 2 advance from each heat and the next top two times go to finals). Since states are at OSU, prelims are at semi's again since there are 9 lanes. It's 4:30 in the morning so I hope this makes some sort of sense.