Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Springfield by 17+

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
springfield-vs-wayne-football-ryan-isley-.jpg

You did by publishing it. It's a free country. You and everyone are free to root for whoever you want. But why do you feel that's newsworthy?
No thats just what you took away from my statement beacuse you take this sh- too seriously. Its a game between teenagers dude

I am a big believer that one of the primary reasons Eds has been so good is because of their strength coach Auggie Promersberger. I’ve heard from many people and read up on him and it seems that he is one of the very best strength coaches in the midwest. Yes, Eds has gotten some elite talent in recent years. But there are plenty of players on the team who don’t have the physical dimensions of the big OL and have been very good HS football players. I think you have to credit Coach Auggie on them being more physically developed than almost all of their opponents.

965FDAED-EAB1-4F06-9FBF-BDF47D1C01B3.jpeg

Berea (AP) - Controversy ahead of the Ohio High School Division 1 final between Springfield High School and St Edwards. After pictures surfaced of the St Edwards team practicing at the Cleveland Browns facility in Berea, one man armed with a microphone took it upon himself to stage a protest. A proud Springfield grad known as Ohioriverboi stood alone outside the facility demanding the OHSAA look in to the relationship between the Browns and the High school. “It’s not fair, he said, while fighting back tears. The OHSAA needs to investigate. My mom is starting a petition and I will have it in Canton for anyone to sign. Now excuse me while I Google wildcat pics to post on yappi.”

I am a big believer that one of the primary reasons Eds has been so good is because of their strength coach Auggie Promersberger. I’ve heard from many people and read up on him and it seems that he is one of the very best strength coaches in the midwest. Yes, Eds has gotten some elite talent in recent years. But there are plenty of players on the team who don’t have the physical dimensions of the big OL and have been very good HS football players. I think you have to credit Coach Auggie on them being more physically developed than almost all of their opponents.
But your O-line averages 300 lbs. Don't you think that's a bit unusual for a HS?

No. St Eds can ask Cleveland State, CWRU or maybe St Ignatius if they can borrow their facilities. Those are not professional sports franchises. Again, I wonder what all the details are about this. I'll remind everyone that after last year's title game, Coach Douglass complained about the competitive advantage and he specifically mentioned sports facilities and training equipment. You have to put this with the recruiting over multiple counties, a sensational sophomore running back phenom who transferred in from Katy, TX, a massive O line averaging 300 lbs stacked with Big 10 recruits, etc. This is not a level playing field for any of St Eds' playoff opponents. If you give anyone these perks, they'll have a state title for you in no time.
Who is the RB transfer from Katy?

Also another piece I think some don’t give enough credit to is that Eds is a national powerhouse in wrestling and has been for decades. Many of our best football players were wrestlers and came here primarily due to wrestling.

No. St Eds can ask Cleveland State, CWRU or maybe St Ignatius if they can borrow their facilities. Those are not professional sports franchises. Again, I wonder what all the details are about this. I'll remind everyone that after last year's title game, Coach Douglass complained about the competitive advantage and he specifically mentioned sports facilities and training equipment. You have to put this with the recruiting over multiple counties, a sensational sophomore running back phenom who transferred in from Katy, TX, a massive O line averaging 300 lbs stacked with Big 10 recruits, etc. This is not a level playing field for any of St Eds' playoff opponents. If you give anyone these perks, they'll have a state title for you in no time

Who is the RB transfer from Katy?

See above babe

To reiterate, St. Edward’s sophomore running back did not transfer from Katy, TX, or anywhere else. He is a northeast Ohio kid who played on the Eagles’ JV team last year as a freshman.

To reiterate, St. Edward’s sophomore running back did not transfer from Katy, TX, or anywhere else. He is a northeast Ohio kid who played on the Eagles’ JV team last year as a freshman.

Just factual he played freshman last year not jv,
He split at safety, WR , RB

In the Eagles' football blog, Norm Weber reported that he scored a 30-yard rushing touchdown in the junior varsity game against Hoban last season. Maybe that was the only JV game in which he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.