• Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Springfield by 17+

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know why St Eds was at the Browns facility? Because of the snow that hit the area this week.
I don't know anything about the nature and full extent of the relationship and connections between this HS and this professional sports organization, franchise and its employees. I'd be interested in knowing more about it though. The optics of this reek of unfairness. If the OHSAA has strict bylaws that prohibit crossing any line between being a student athlete and a professional athlete, then it follows they shouldn't be getting support in any way, shape or form from the NFL and a nearby multi million dollar professional sports franchise. Its a legitimate question whether the Browns' coaches, assistants, trainers, medical staff, etc are providing any kind of instruction or assistance too. If you don't see anything unfair about this, we can agree to disagree. Still, the optics of this look very bad.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the nature and full extent of the relationship and connections between this HS and this professional sports organization, franchise and its employees. I'd be interested in knowing more about it though. The optics of this reek of unfairness. If the OHSAA has strict bylaws that prohibit crossing any line between being a student athlete and a professional athlete, then it follows they shouldn't be getting support in any way, shape or form from the NFL and a nearby multi million dollar professional sports franchise. If you don't see anything unfair about this, we can agree to disagree. Still, the optics of this look very bad.
So if St.Ed's wasn't able to practice because all the fields in the area were full of snow would Springfield therefore have a competitive advantage?

So if St.Ed's wasn't able to practice because all the fields in the area were full of snow would Springfield therefore have a competitive advantage?
No. St Eds can ask Cleveland State, CWRU or maybe St Ignatius if they can borrow their facilities. Those are not professional sports franchises. Again, I wonder what all the details are about this. I'll remind everyone that after last year's title game, Coach Douglass complained about the competitive advantage and he specifically mentioned sports facilities and training equipment. You have to put this with the recruiting over multiple counties, a sensational sophomore running back phenom who transferred in from Katy, TX, a massive O line averaging 300 lbs stacked with Big 10 recruits, etc. This is not a level playing field for any of St Eds' playoff opponents. If you give anyone these perks, they'll have a state title for you in no time.

No. St Eds can ask Cleveland State, CWRU or maybe St Ignatius if they can borrow their facilities. Those are not professional sports franchises. Again, I wonder what are the details are about this. I'll remind everyone that after last year's title game, Coach Douglass complained about the competitive advantage and he specifically mentioned sports facilities and training equipment. You have to put this with the recruiting over multiple counties, a sensational sophomore running back phenom who transferred in from Katy, TX, a massive O line averaging 300 lbs stacked with Big 10 recruits, etc. This is not a level playing for any of St Eds' playoff opponents.
Cleveland State doesn't have a football team and if they used a college field you would just complain about that.Do you believe we should legislate fairness?

Cleveland State doesn't have a football team and if they used a college field you would just complain about that.Do you believe we should legislate fairness?
CSU has world class indoor athletic facilities. The issues are competitive advantage and compliance with OHSAA bylaws. St Eds' student athletes receiving free support of any kind from the pros, from major professional sports organizations like the NFL and the Cleveland Browns days before Friday's state championship game simply is not fair period, and I don't see how it's not a violation of OHSAA bylaws.

CSU has world class indoor athletic facilities. The issues are competitive advantage and compliance with OHSAA bylaws. Receiving support of any kind from the NFL and the Cleveland Browns before Friday's state championship game simply is not fair period.
But from a college it's ok? I don't see the difference.

But from a college it's ok? I don't see the difference.
Yes. The difference is colleges generally have the same rules that student athletes can't also be professional athletes. I remember when LeBron player for SVSM, there was an issue about this because he had signed autographs. I believe the OHSAA investigated whether that crossed the line into being a professional athlete. I just think the optics of this look very bad, especially when there's already alot of debate about St Eds having an unfair advantage over everyone else. Again, I wonder what the full extent of the relationship and connection is.

No. St Eds can ask Cleveland State, CWRU or maybe St Ignatius if they can borrow their facilities. Those are not professional sports franchises. Again, I wonder what all the details are about this. I'll remind everyone that after last year's title game, Coach Douglass complained about the competitive advantage and he specifically mentioned sports facilities and training equipment. You have to put this with the recruiting over multiple counties, a sensational sophomore running back phenom who transferred in from Katy, TX, a massive O line averaging 300 lbs stacked with Big 10 recruits, etc. This is not a level playing field for any of St Eds' playoff opponents. If you give anyone these perks, they'll have a state title for you in no time.
Quit sniffing glue.

Yes. The difference is colleges generally have the same rules that student athletes can't also be professional athletes. I remember when LeBron player for SVSM, there was an issue about this because he had signed autographs. I believe the OHSAA investigated whether that crossed the line into being a professional athlete. I just think the optics of this look very bad, especially when there's already alot of debate about St Eds having an unfair advantage over everyone else. Again, I wonder what the full extent of the relationship and connection is.
Oh I'm sure it's a nefarious relationship.

Well if I wasnt already rooting for Eds I definitely would be now after reading this thread. Go Eagles!
I get it the optics are not the best, but the Browns are not coaching them up, or providing anything more than a field to practice on due to weather conditions. So I do not see any advantage aside from not many kids have an opportunity to practice on a pro teams field. That is where it ends though. No more No less..... Bottom line the game Friday night will be played on a 120 yard long and a 53 1/3 yard wide field. Good luck to both Teams. Hoping to watch a hard fought competitive game.

St. Edward's sophomore running back did not transfer in from Katy, TX, or anywhere else. He is an Ohio kid.

I get it the optics are not the best, but the Browns are not coaching them up, or providing anything more than a field to practice on due to weather conditions. So I do not see any advanatage aside from not many kids have an opportunity to practice on a pro teams field. Tat is where it ends thoug. No more No less..... Bottom line the game Friday night will be played on a 120 yard long and a 53 1/3 yard wide field. Good luck to both Teams. Hoping to watch a hard fought competitive game.
Let me ask you this. Btw, I live in Cleveland. The place is loaded with all kinds of athletic facilities. To avoid the bad optics and any question, wouldn't it be easier to avoid the Browns altogether and use a local college? I think SHS uses Wittenberg's indoor athletic center. That's a D3 college. To avoid the appearance of impropriety, why not do what your opponent is doing? Why does it have to be the Browns' facilities? And who arranged for it? You don't find things out unless you start asking questions...

Ohio River boy , obviously PEES sitting down!

Wants to be oppressed and victimized on everything. The browns donate helmets football turf fields to Hoban Glenville Akron ellet
350,000 to Cleveland schools. But while browns and staff are in California. They let St Ed’s use indoor facility to prepare for a game. St Ed’s might of paid to use it as well. And this soy boy living in his moms basement is crying. The game hasn’t even happened yet. If Springfield losses are you going to sound like uncle Rico and say “ IF ONLY EDS DIDNT USE THE FACILITY, WE WOULD HAVE WON STATES!”
Get back in your moms basement and being internet tough guy! Flexing those fingers. And start working on telling us you will beat St Ed’s next year!

Attachments

• IMG_3216.gif
    IMG_3216.gif
    873.9 KB · Views: 20
Let me ask you this. Btw, I live in Cleveland. The place is loaded with all kinds of athletic facilities. To avoid the bad optics and any question, wouldn't it be easier to avoid the Browns altogether and use a local college? I think SHS uses Wittenberg's indoor athletic center. That's a D3 college. To avoid the appearance of impropriety, why not do what your opponent is doing? Why does it have to be the Browns' facilities. You don't find things out unless you start asking questions...
Offer St.Ed's your back yard and throw a bunch of nails and rusty cans in the field to reduce the edge that Ed's has.

Let me ask you this. Btw, I live in Cleveland. The place is loaded with all kinds of athletic facilities. To avoid the bad optics and any question, wouldn't it be easier to avoid the Browns altogether and use a local college? I think SHS uses Wittenberg's indoor athletic center. That's a D3 college. To avoid the appearance of impropriety, why not do what your opponent is doing? Why does it have to be the Browns' facilities? And who arranged for it? You don't find things out unless you start asking questions...
I have no answer, aside from lucky location proximity for Ed's. I do not see it as in impropriety, but if SHS Players do than use it as motivation.

Ohio River boy , obviously PEES sitting down!

Wants to be oppressed and victimized on everything. The browns donate helmets football turf fields to Hoban Glenville Akron ellet
350,000 to Cleveland schools. But while browns and staff are in California. They let St Ed’s use indoor facility to prepare for a game. St Ed’s might of paid to use it as well. And this soy boy living in his moms basement is crying. The game hasn’t even happened yet. If Springfield losses are you going to sound like uncle Rico and say “ IF ONLY EDS DIDNT USE THE FACILITY, WE WOULD HAVE WON STATES!”
Get back in your moms basement and being internet tough guy! Flexing those fingers. And start working on telling us you will beat St Ed’s next year!
Sounds like I struck a nerve. Unfortunately I can't take your word for any of this. I need actual proof of what all goes on between the two places.

Status
Not open for further replies.