Curse of Massillon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or 24. I forget, but the point remans...a lot of jealous folks out there o continually bring them down.

Granted.....their fans on jjhuddle, yappi, etc have gone a long way to fester and grow that animosity but we should all respect a program such as theirs
My sarcasm meter is broken so not sure about your intent here, but this is really true. For anyone who thinks the 800-1000 Massillon fans represented by every Tiger Yappi poster feels/talks the exact same way . . . they don't. Majority of that community just loves their team. Frankly, I don't think they even love HS Football because they don't really know much or pay attention to anyone outside their community, but THEY LOVE THEIR TEAM.

Last edited:
Massillon is still one of the best run programs in the state. However, they do not have the talent they once had. For that matter, none of the Northeast Ohio teams do. The loss of manufacturing jobs caused may people to move where the jobs are, so now you have great football in places like Florida and Texas. In Ohio it's Columbus. They have also come up against some really loaded teams over the years. LaSalle and Hoban have been just physically better than Massillon. This year's team probably over performed considering the adversity they went through. That being said, I am surprised that Green beat them, but Green is pretty tough and has been growing as a program. Massillon was really young this year, and I expect them to be phenomenal next year. It's one of the reasons I'm bummed that we has so many injuries because I thought we could beat them this year.
Massillon imports talent so the whole people moved away thing doesnt fly.

You cant run around claiming to be the best when you havent been the actual best in the entire 50 year history of the playoffs. It's not a small sample size.

The arrogance is what drives the blowback.

Easily. Then the next two years Coldwater was better and CCC beat them in 16. So the best team didn’t win that year either. 16 was the opposite. Coldwater woulda beat them 9/10 times.

Hoying/Coldwater played their best game of the year and caught CCC at their worst. Otten said that too if you remember. Coldwater scores first, Ccc immediately turns it over right back to them and Coldwater scored again quickly. CCC panicked and got out of their offense being down 14 and it spiraled out of control. That doesn’t happen 9/10 times. CcC just got done beating Ursuline and Hartley pretty handily both that may have been better than Coldwater.
And Mooney beats CW 99/100 times the year of the blocked EP, but all that matters is what happened that day.

I'd love to have that CW vs your idle lead Orville team in 98 again in a beat of ten....but all that matters is the result on that one given day.

Coming from a whole different part of the state, the constant talk about this school and their tremendous success back in the day is really strange. The record speaks for itself, both back then and today. They were once the top program in the state by a wide margin. They are no longer that, but are consistently good to excellent. Is it as simpe as envy over their history?
It's as simple as their arrogance. They still pound their chest that they are the top program in the state while not managing to be the actual top program in any year of the last 50. They talk trash about other programs, particularly locally, mock lower divisions as if the only good football is in D1/2. They bash privates for recruiting when their whole history is built on the practice.

They still pound their chest that they are the top program in the state while not managing to be the actual top program in any year of the last 50.
Currently or historically? A case can be made for the latter, also it can be disputed by a few other schools. I haven't seen anyone claim that they are currently the best program. They're very good, but they aren't remotely the top dogs today.

For all the . . . knucklehead Massillon posters that are more than happy to make their presence felt on Yappi, there are some really dedicated fans

My sarcasm meter is broken so not sure about your intent here, but this is really true. For anyone who thinks the 800-1000 Massillon fans represented by every Tiger Yappi poster feels/talks the exact same way . . . they don't. Majority of that community just loves their team. Frankly, I don't think they even love HS Football because they don't really know much or pay attention to anyone outside their community, but THEY LOVE THEIR TEAM.
They do feel/talk the same way in real life. The only issues I've ever had with opposing fans is with Massillon fans. They are exactly the arrogant loud mouthed obnoxious people represented here. They've been this way long before Yappi or the internet existed.

For all the . . . knucklehead Massillon posters that are more than happy to make their presence felt on Yappi, there are some really dedicated fans

Im sincere.
You don't dance on a man's grave after the funeral no matter how much ya dispose him.
There is plenty of time to pile on, but now isn't the time but everyone is so afraid Massillon is gonna win another Title that they celebrate as soon as they are eliminated.

Get a grip y'all.

Coming from a whole different part of the state, the constant talk about this school and their tremendous success back in the day is really strange. The record speaks for itself, both back then and today. They were once the top program in the state by a wide margin. They are no longer that, but are consistently good to excellent. Is it as simpe as envy over their history?
No.

They do feel/talk the same way in real life. The only issues I've ever had with opposing fans is with Massillon fans. They are exactly the arrogant loud mouthed obnoxious people represented here. They've been this way long before Yappi or the internet existed.
Oh stop it. You don’t have interactions with Massillon people lol. You went to St Paul’s (which is the most toxic school I’ve ever been apart of.. congrats) and Hoover. Youve faced Massillon less times than you can count on your hand. You’re like every other North Cantonite I’ve ever met. You hate Massillon bc you’re taught to. It’s so strange lol

Unfortunately. He needs to go. I’ve been waiting for Our head coach to get rid of him. He’s all show and nothing behind it. I don’t care what anyone else tries to tell you or me, he’s trash. I don’t care if I get backlash from anyone either. I call it like I see it.
He was waving bye to the green sideline like the game was over with 2 minutes left…. clown

Oh stop it. You don’t have interactions with Massillon people lol. You went to St Paul’s (which is the most toxic school I’ve ever been apart of.. congrats) and Hoover. Youve faced Massillon less times than you can count on your hand. You’re like every other North Cantonite I’ve ever met. You hate Massillon bc you’re taught to. It’s so strange lol
Toxic school ? the irony of a Massillon fan calling another school toxic.

We hate Massillon, like most of the state, because of the arrogance.

I've been to Massillon games outside of games against Hoover ?‍♂️

Toxic school ? the irony of a Massillon fan calling another school toxic.

We hate Massillon, like most of the state, because of the arrogance.

I've been to Massillon games outside of games against Hoover ?‍♂️
CCC grad. I think same year as you from your past posts. So i would have been in class with you but you went to Hoover instead. Rest assured … nothing changed at your school lol. But I am gathering it fit you very well lol. Yes. Exudes toxicity.

Yeah, my 92 year old aunt who we had to baby sit on Friday nights so she won't sneak out to games is just like the knuckleheads on Yappi.

Everyone has douchebag fans. When you bring 8,000 people to a game, the % of douchebags is likely to much higher.

I know I saw it. I’m one of the few that can’t stand him. He’s also the guy that makes federal league champs t-shirts with Massillon on it. He’s a classless jackass. I’ll never defend the guy
Are we talking about the Uber-tough, super duper total BA that is Massillons D coord? I was told a couple years ago that he’s super tough and to not make fun of the women’s coat he was sporting on the sideline.

Are we talking about the Uber-tough, super duper total BA that is Massillons D coord? I was told a couple years ago that he’s super tough and to not make fun of the women’s coat he was sporting on the sideline.
Wait Massillon has a coach.. ACTUAL COACH.. wait… DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR, wearing a full fur coat on the sidelines??? I thought it was just someone close to the program who was there to help recruit players from the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.