Cotton Bowl: #9 Mizzou (10-2) vs. #7 Ohio State (11-1)

I watched some of the game with a Columbus resident and big Ohio State fan. The QB getting hurt aside, he felt the players looked like they didn’t want to be there. Play was lackadaisical and uninspired.

You could tell there were many fans from Missouri but that’s understandable given its proximity to Texas. I was surprised the OSU fanbase was only 30% of the attendees. Knowing they normally travel very well, was this Bowl not big enough for them? Did the team feel the disinterest of the OSU community? With the loss to Michigan and the QB leaving, I would think they would really want to support these players.
Could be the high inflation Biden economy that affected leisure travel this season.

It's more the fact that spoiled OSU fans didn't think the game was worth it, since they were crestfallen after being beaten by Michigan and facing an " unworthy" opponent. OSU fans will spend any amt of money to go anywhere if they feel that the game was worthy of their attendance.

I watched some of the game with a Columbus resident and big Ohio State fan. The QB getting hurt aside, he felt the players looked like they didn’t want to be there. Play was lackadaisical and uninspired.

You could tell there were many fans from Missouri but that’s understandable given its proximity to Texas. I was surprised the OSU fanbase was only 30% of the attendees. Knowing they normally travel very well, was this Bowl not big enough for them? Did the team feel the disinterest of the OSU community? With the loss to Michigan and the QB leaving, I would think they would really want to support these players.
The CB did not mean a lot to most OSU fans sure they want the Bucks to win but the game was basically meaningless. Orange Bowl had plenty of open seats today, even though both schools are somewhat close to Miami.

We'll ignore they were a fg away from dethroning Georgia last year. Or have blasted Alabama in the playoffs.

Yep we'll use a one off game of questionable motivation in an off brand bowl with their starting QB transfered and best WR sitting out to make the determination OSU can't compete vs the SEC. 🤣
ah ah....I did not say they can't compete in the SEC, I said they would compete in the SEC, but would likely have 2-3-4 losses annually. It's a different ballgame down there. Missouri dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball, and when they needed to score in the 4th, they moved the ball up and down the field. You could say Missouri is the 4th best team in the SEC this year?

ah ah....I did not say they can't compete in the SEC, I said they would compete in the SEC, but would likely have 2-3-4 losses annually. It's a different ballgame down there. Missouri dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball, and when they needed to score in the 4th, they moved the ball up and down the field. You could say Missouri is the 4th best team in the SEC this year?
They "finally" moved the ball in the 4th as the OSU Defense was gased.

If Missouri had to play their third string QB how good would they be? Hint: Check out OSU and Florida State bowl appearances.

You are full of excuses.
What can I say Brian? I am not a Yappi legend like you are.😁
Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

Probably a Michigan player
HERSHEL WALKER, when he took the money and ran to the USFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No doubt some subtle payback, when the UGA coaching staff opted to continue to play him in the National Championship game against the Fightin Leprechauns, with his separated shoulder. The GUTSIEST performance EVER!