Congratulations and Thank You's to the 2023 Massillon Tigers - D2 STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

ImpracticalJoker

*Don't know if any players or coaches read these posts and comments but I just want to say THANK YOU so so much for such a wonderful 2023 season and for bringing home the State Championship!!!!

*As a Sideliner for the past couple of years I have had the opportunity to be around these young men and I must say they are a class, respectful bunch of kids! That credit goes to themselves, their families, their coaches, and all the other positive influences they had had in young lives... The things they have learned and will continue to learn on and off the field will help shape them into very fine young men!!!!!

*Thanks to all the coaches for their tireless efforts to mold and shape these young men into a team that everyone is so proud of!!! They do it for the love of the game and for the love of these young men!!!! And thanks to the coaches' families for being so understanding and supportive during this long season!!!

*Thanks as well to the Tiger Swing Band, the best damn band in HS football, for doing a wonderful job all season!!!

*Thanks to the cheerleaders for getting out their every week, in all kinds of weather, to make signs and to cheer the team on!!!

*Thanks to the student section, especially the Village Idiots, for being creative and supporting your peers!!!

*Thanks to Tiger Nation for being out in full force Thursday night!!! It was wonderful to see the support everyone was giving the Tigers!!!! It was loud and strong!!!! It was also nice to see a number of former players down on the sidelines supporting and encouraging the young men!!!!

*Thanks to all the Tiger parents and families!!! All of these kids put in so much time and effort that wouldn't be possible without your love and support!!!

*Thanks to any and all the support groups, school administration and personel, and city leaders for all the positive things you do to help Tiger football to be something special!!!

*If I missed anyone, sorry....... THANKS FOR A VERY SPECIAL 2023 SEASON!!!!!!!

*Don't know if any players or coaches read these posts and comments but I just want to say THANK YOU so so much for such a wonderful 2023 season and for bringing home the State Championship!!!!

*As a Sideliner for the past couple of years I have had the opportunity to be around these young men and I must say they are a class, respectful bunch of kids! That credit goes to themselves, their families, their coaches, and all the other positive influences they had had in young lives... The things they have learned and will continue to learn on and off the field will help shape them into very fine young men!!!!!

*Thanks to all the coaches for their tireless efforts to mold and shape these young men into a team that everyone is so proud of!!! They do it for the love of the game and for the love of these young men!!!! And thanks to the coaches' families for being so understanding and supportive during this long season!!!

*Thanks as well to the Tiger Swing Band, the best damn band in HS football, for doing a wonderful job all season!!!

*Thanks to the cheerleaders for getting out their every week, in all kinds of weather, to make signs and to cheer the team on!!!

*Thanks to the student section, especially the Village Idiots, for being creative and supporting your peers!!!

*Thanks to Tiger Nation for being out in full force Thursday night!!! It was wonderful to see the support everyone was giving the Tigers!!!! It was loud and strong!!!! It was also nice to see a number of former players down on the sidelines supporting and encouraging the young men!!!!

*Thanks to all the Tiger parents and families!!! All of these kids put in so much time and effort that wouldn't be possible without your love and support!!!

*Thanks to any and all the support groups, school administration and personel, and city leaders for all the positive things you do to help Tiger football to be something special!!!

*If I missed anyone, sorry....... THANKS FOR A VERY SPECIAL 2023 SEASON!!!!!!!
Great post!

My dad is a Massillon Alum in his 70's and lives near Columbus (we moved to Olentangy district when I was a kid for a better job opportunity for him). He spends almost 100% of his time tending to my mother who is not well. When Massillon played Anderson at Crew Stadium I suggested that he let me stay with mom and that he should call his life long best friend (who is also an alum) to go to the game. We used to go to a game or two a year when I was a little kid until I myself played in high school. My dad probably hadn't been to a game since the 90's and that will likely be the last Massillon game he is able to attend. He and his friend had a great time rooting on the Tigers and we've talked about it every time we've talked since. I was able to attend the state championship game and sent him pictures and videos as he streamed it live at home with my mom. Obviously, take pride in a championship, but the game is bigger than just football. Congrats and thank you, fellas!

Amazing that anyone would give the :ROFLMAO: emoji when someone makes a thread thanking everyone in a community for a wonderful season... What sad, pathetic lives those type of people must lead.... Oh well...
The trolls have nothing left. They are grasping for anything they can. I would also like to invite all the Stark county trolls to the Massillon Tigers STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE this coming Sunday.

Amazing that anyone would give the :ROFLMAO: emoji when someone makes a thread thanking everyone in a community for a wonderful season... What sad, pathetic lives those type of people must lead.... Oh well...
You do know that if you tap the name of the people at the bottom you can see who posted what, right? Well....do that and see WHO posted the laughing emoji, when you see the names it's pretty understandable.

Congrats Massillon.
You got the Gorilla off you’re back.
Hopefully it’s not another 53 years for your next State Title.
It was a Heck of a Game.
You short change these lads. It's not 53, but 150 years since they won a state title anywhere other than in the newspaper. Congrats on a GREAT ACTUAL achievement.

If GHSA 7A football, had VOTED on State Champions over the past nine decades since the GHSA's inception. Instead of actually playing those playoff games. We wouldn't have had two dozen or more state champions that were whacked in the actual playoffs. Just in the past two seasons, NATIONAL #2 Buford went down in round TWO of FIVE. While this season, FOUR top twenty five GHSA bad boys, went down in round THREE! Including NATIONAL #7 Mill Creek, who was beaten 39-20 by 1-7A THIRD SEED Camden County, who had to trek 313 miles one way, to pull the top upset in NATIONAL playoff history. APPARENTLY, the Bozo coach at Mill Creek, had never seen a winged T team who could also pass the ball. And that 3-3-5 D was a pure mystery to him as well. In Ohio, Camden would have been on vacation, in playoff round one.

Last edited:
Well, you'll see em at our parade LOOOOOOOOOONG before you'll see em on our schedule.
WELL, the Colquitt Co. Packers would have liked to have participated, BUT. It seems that Massillon puts more stock in barely beating a team who hasn't been relevant in big boy ball in Georgia, since 1998. And THAT year, they were 14-1. Any guesses as to whom that L belong to? I'll give you a hint. Their stadium is called the HAWG PEN! You'll laugh when you come in, but are cryin when you leave.

WELL, the Colquitt Co. Packers would have liked to have participated, BUT. It seems that Massillon puts more stock in barely beating a team who hasn't been relevant in big boy ball in Georgia, since 1998. And THAT year, they were 14-1. Any guesses as to whom that L belong to? I'll give you a hint. Their stadium in called the HAWG PEN! You'll laugh when you come in, but are cryin when you leave.
Lol, only in a hillbilly state like Georgia.

Well, you'll see em at our parade LOOOOOOOOOONG before you'll see em on our schedule.
Ya know what pettiburn, you have a big mouf. Georgia has come to OHIO, THREE times in the past decade. But I ain't seen ANYBODY from Ohio in GEORGIA, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And one of the dudes who went to Nippert to stomp MIGHTY Glenville, just beat USA TODAY #7 Mill Creek, two weeks ago, 39-20, after a trek of 313 miles on buses. And Colquitt beat HIS butt 35-13 three weeks before that game, AT Camden. WE'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We MIGHT even go out and TRY to recruit some ringers, like Massillon did, to insure a victory over the crappy lil Valdosta Mildcats. (The 23rd ranked team in Georgia at seasons end) Carrollton had Valdosta down 35-7 in the third quarter, when they put in the reserves, and Valdosta scored three times to make the final score, 42-28. And Carrollton was BLOWN OUT by Walton (with QB recruit Jeremy Hecklinski (Wake Forest) the next week. And Ju Ju Lewis, the #1 QB in class of 2026, was TOAST.

You do know that if you tap the name of the people at the bottom you can see who posted what, right? Well....do that and see WHO posted the laughing emoji, when you see the names it's pretty understandable.
Yes, I did do that.... I don't know much about the one, other than they are obviously sad and pathetic.... The other one, under all of his various screen names over the years, always has been and will continue to be a sad, pathetic individual.... :rolleyes:

Ya know what pettiburn, you have a big mouf. Georgia has come to OHIO, THREE times in the past decade. But I ain't seen ANYBODY from Ohio in GEORGIA, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And one of the dudes who went to Nippert to stomp MIGHTY Glenville, just beat USA TODAY #7 Mill Creek, two weeks ago, 39-20, after a trek of 313 miles on buses. And Colquitt beat HIS butt 35-13 three weeks before that game, AT Camden. WE'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We MIGHT even go out and TRY to recruit some ringers, like Massillon did, to insure a victory over the crappy lil Valdosta Mildcats. (The 23rd ranked team in Georgia at seasons end) Carrollton had Valdosta down 35-7 in the third quarter, when they put in the reserves, and Valdosta scored three times to make the final score, 42-28. And Carrollton was BLOWN OUT by Walton (with QB recruit Jeremy Hecklinski (Wake Forest) the next week. And Ju Ju Lewis, the #1 QB in class of 2026, was TOAST.
1) why are you so angry?
2) why are you even here?
3) WE DONT CARE who did what down there.

Yes, I did do that.... I don't know much about the one, other than they are obviously sad and pathetic.... The other one, under all of his various screen names over the years, always has been and will continue to be a sad, pathetic individual.... :rolleyes:

I wish mods had left his deleted post up. His misery makes it all the sweeter. :) Too bad mack isn't around he'd be having a meltdown.

What does this Yankee jibberish mean in ANGLISH? :ROFLMAO:
Wow!!!!! You are certainly one weird dude..... Hopefully you are not a typical representative of the great state of Georgia.... Shouldn't you be auditioning for a part as one of the backwoods rednecks in the remake of Deliverance? You would be perfect..... Geesh..... What a loon..... :rolleyes:

Those southern folk are definitely a different breed.
SWGA talks alot, but doesn't say much.
" No time for loosers cause we are the champions!"
71764373007-massv-hoban-8572.jpg