College Football 2023-2024

I'm wide awake, thanks. Don't see it our there this year, every year is different. If talking about UW offense, yeah nice, no D so will all be relative.
That’s why I said you need to be good situationally on 3rd Down & the RZ. However, without an explosive Offense, you have no chance.

Yeah, ignore the data, that’s smart. Tell me how many of the champs in playoff era had a shutdown D with a mediocre offense:

2014: Ohio St- no
2015: Bama- yes
2016 Clemson- No
2017 Bama- no
2018 Clemson- no
2019 LSU- hell no
2020 Bama- hell no
2021- UGA- Yes
2022 UGA- No

But keep living in the past

I actually agree with this today. Oregon is a well oiled machine and have been on a mission since losing a close one at Washington.
I can understand the reasoning, but the measuring stick game occurred and when it was time for Oregon to prove it, Washington won. To me, Washington is the superior team.

I can understand the reasoning, but the measuring stick game occurred and when it was time for Oregon to prove it, Washington won. To me, Washington is the superior team.
Oregon was the better team that day — easily outgained UW by 125 yards. Lanning lost the game with dumb decisions on 4th downs. Oregon will avenge that loss if and when they meet again on a neutral field in Vegas.

Oregon, Alabama, Georgia all seem much better. To answer my own question, it appears it’s a no because there isn’t a 4th team to put in there.
End of the day, other than GA, those other 2 had the chance to run table and failed. That's the reality of 4 team playoff. All remedied next year and can decide the top 12 on the field finally

Oregon was the better team that day — easily outgained UW by 125 yards. Lanning lost the game with dumb decisions on 4th downs. Oregon will avenge that loss if and when they meet again on a neutral field in Vegas.
First of all, both have to get by Oregon State. Second, I don’t think either one of them wants to face Arizona in Vegas.

First of all, both have to get by Oregon State. Second, I don’t think either one of them wants to face Arizona in Vegas.
Oregon gets the leg up in that. Gets them on the short week after UW and at home. UW has to win in Corvallis, which I think they do, but much tougher

Oregon gets the leg up in that. Gets them on the short week after UW and at home. UW has to win in Corvallis, which I think they do, but much tougher
Oregon State will be out for blood tonight and next week against two longtime rivals who are leaving them twisting in the wind after this year.

I respect what Arizona has done for sure, but they’re not the same if you get them away from Tucson. Oregon would certainly be fine against them if it were to come to that.

Now it is if someone from UW and Oregon survives the next couple weeks, and if not, Bama if they win SEC title. If all of those end up losing, guessing it looks to the Game loser, if close or GA if they lose SEC title game

I wonder if it’s kosher for a Power 5 commissioner to move from one conference to another. Jim Phillips was Northwestern AD from 2008 to 2021 before becoming ACC’s new commissioner. He’s highly respected, knows the league well, and would probably be a great choice.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Think about this. I would think that it would be HIGHLY unlikely, that a new commissioner would come from any OTHER conference, other than from one in the Power Five. If not, it would be like a minor league coach being promoted to a major league team manager.