Colerain

He was let go from the Lions for making an executive decision, (Fake punt). With 10+ years NFL experience he can go to any college he wants to be an assistant. Kerry will most likely move on after this year as it will be his experience that attracts Big 12 talent not the new coach...
So Brayden hasn’t been Coaching since since he got Fired in Detroit. Interesting

Lots of private school signs around Colerain, Harrison and East Central. Colerain and Harrison has seen a lot of talent leave and it shows...
What does East Central have to do with Colerain? Been lots of Colerain kids go to private Schools for a number of years!

What does East Central have to do with Colerain? Been lots of Colerain kids go to private Schools for a number of years!
EC has one thing in Common with Colerain and Harrison...Lots of Elder and Lasalle signs in yards... You are correct Colerain has lost athletes to LaSalle or X for a long time but I do not remember seeing this many Elder signs in the area.

EC has one thing in Common with Colerain and Harrison...Lots of Elder and Lasalle signs in yards... You are correct Colerain has lost athletes to LaSalle or X for a long time but I do not remember seeing this many Elder signs in the area.
But if you live in Indiana, you can't play sports for Ohio schools. So those signs are indeed all over in Indiana, but none of those kids are playing any sport for Elder, LaSalle, etc.

But if you live in Indiana, you can't play sports for Ohio schools. So those signs are indeed all over in Indiana, but none of those kids are playing any sport for Elder, LaSalle, etc.
Not sure that is true. The current Bengals punter from SE Indiana played at LaSalle.

So they are promoting someone in Ohio kid playing? I guess it could be but, very unlikely especially when there is 5/6 of them . These are not go to elder HS signs its proud elder parent with the players number on the sign,

So they are promoting someone in Ohio kid playing? I guess it could be but, very unlikely especially when there is 5/6 of them . These are not go to elder HS signs its proud elder parent with the players number on the sign,
They are mostly of the dads that went to those schools, but there are definitely kids in Indiana going to Elder and LaSalle as there's no Catholic options for high school in SE Indiana. I was just pointing out the assumption that there are kids playing sports in Ohio that live in Indiana.

The problem with this job is a School Board that wanted everything fair with Northwest. It held the program back and eventually led to Bolden leaving.
This stood out to me.

I think this is a response to realizing they screwed up in the first place. Every other district that has multiple high schools(outside of the big cities) came to Northwest to see what NOT to do. The support for those two buildings has been so one sided for years, it's not even funny. After getting into SW Ohio, I didn't even realize they were a part of the same district until someone told me. You look at Central Ohio (Olentangy District) and it's how it should be; every school/stadium is uniform, and none of them are getting extra funding over another one.

You can play if you go to St Lawrence grade school in Lawrenceburg or any other Catholic grade school in the area.

Since when can out of state students play in Ohio?

When did that change?

Why only St. Lawrence?
I believe it’s been the rule for a few years. St Lawrence is the common exception, but I think it’s ok if they go to any Catholic grade school. So if you live in West Harrison but went to St John’s Harrison, you’re ok to play sports.

This stood out to me.

I think this is a response to realizing they screwed up in the first place. Every other district that has multiple high schools(outside of the big cities) came to Northwest to see what NOT to do. The support for those two buildings has been so one sided for years, it's not even funny. After getting into SW Ohio, I didn't even realize they were a part of the same district until someone told me. You look at Central Ohio (Olentangy District) and it's how it should be; every school/stadium is uniform, and none of them are getting extra funding over another one.
The Northwest folks would offer a much different take on this.

Also rules must be followed, and moving on now.

The Northwest folks would offer a much different take on this.

Also rules must be followed, and moving on now.
I know people that used to be in Northwest HS, that's where I got the sentiments from; Colerain is treated much differently/better than Northwest

I know people that used to be in Northwest HS, that's where I got the sentiments from; Colerain is treated much differently/better than Northwest
They should just combine into Colerain already and get a new building on the Cheviot road location. It sucks, but what are they gonna do, move?

Sorry I misunderstood...I agree that the NW folks feel or felt like the step daughter in the relationship.

This stood out to me.

Most are MUCH larger districts. NW only has 700 students to Colerain's 1200. Back in the day 80s/90 Northwest had 1200 and Colerain was over 2000... The district is shrinking and the two HS model does not work for the size of the district.

Sorry I misunderstood...I agree that the NW folks feel or felt like the step daughter in the relationship.
But they are the step child...
Boosters are not even close to Colerain and while most are alumni the parent involvement makes up the rest and NW just does not get the same involvement as their sister school. Facilities...Why have Soccer, Baseball or softball stadiums like Colerain when NW struggles to even field teams?

I did my freshman year at Plesant Run, Sophmore year at Northwest and Colerain Jr/Sr years and turned out fine. I think while todays students are a little softer they will survive moving schools.

Absolutely no knowledge into the job, but my first thought was what about John Rodenberg? He came back to Ohio last year to coach Indian Hill after winning state at Roncalli. He has left other programs quickly in the past for better opportunities. I can see him wanting to get back into the D1 landscape in Cincinnati.

Absolutely no knowledge into the job, but my first thought was what about John Rodenberg? He came back to Ohio last year to coach Indian Hill after winning state at Roncalli. He has left other programs quickly in the past for better opportunities. I can see him wanting to get back into the D1 landscape in Cincinnati.
I have no knowledge of teaching situations etc. But NWLSD pay scale is crap and I am guessing Indian Hill is pretty good.

I have no knowledge of teaching situations etc. But NWLSD pay scale is crap and I am guessing Indian Hill is pretty good.
That would be accurate with regards to pay. Indian Hill is the highest paid in the area.

While we know, people don't get into this line of work for the money, the higher pay scales definitely help in attracting and keeping talent.

Most are MUCH larger districts. NW only has 700 students to Colerain's 1200. Back in the day 80s/90 Northwest had 1200 and Colerain was over 2000... The district is shrinking and the two HS model does not work for the size of the district.
If NWLSD doesn’t figure this out and combine into one high school then they are making a huge mistake.

Cough cough Drew Chrismen from Lawrenceburg went to LaSalle.

Cough cough Drew Chrismen from Lawrenceburg went to LaSalle.
Apparently I was incorrect, I didn't know there was a loophole if you went to private grade school, you could attend private high school in Ohio.

I was under the impression that all out of state athletes were off limits.

I'm starting to wonder why OHSAA has any rules whatsoever with regards transfers, because right now it's like the Wild West.

If NWLSD doesn’t figure this out and combine into one high school then they are making a huge mistake.
The Superintendent and school board needs to step up and lead. The benefits of combining HS outside of athletics are huge for not only the community that the district serves but taxpayers that choose not or, do not have students in the district.
Its much easier to show where the cost savings are and directing monies to provide more student outcomes and opportunities with a central HS/district instead of trying to continue to run two separate districts from one pool of money. The division within the district has grown substantially over the past 20 years and the current model only reinforced the disparity between the two High Schools.