Colerain Middle v White Oak Middle...who won ?? any details

Bellboy

Colerain Fan
Who won these games last night.

Any word on the 8th grade teams as they'll form the Frosh team next year.

How's the future look ????

Ok, just got a text from my "source". Apparently the Colerain 7th grade team won(didn't get a score on that one) and the Colerain 8th grade won something like 40ish to 16ish.

Ok, just got a text from my "source". Apparently the Colerain 7th grade team won(didn't get a score on that one) and the Colerain 8th grade won something like 40ish to 16ish.

I think the 7th grade score was 30-0. The Colerain roster is about twice as big as White Oak. It looks like there are about 65 kids on the Colerain and White Oak rosters that will move up to the high school next year and there is a lot of talent. Colerain is much deeper but White Oak does have some talent particularly a running back who is extremely fast on the 8th grade team.
I sure wish they had rosters at the games so we could tell who is who. I couldn't understand the PA announcer. The Colerain QB who I understand is the son of Dan Bolden is very good. He is good sized, has a good arm and runs well. Overall, this is the most talent that I have seen at the annual Colerain/White Oak Middle School games at the high school. The Colerain Middle 8th grade kicker is outstanding also. He had a field goal last night. He had a kick blocked but it was not his fault.

I think the 7th grade score was 30-0. The Colerain roster is about twice as big as White Oak. It looks like there are about 65 kids on the Colerain and White Oak rosters that will move up to the high school next year and there is a lot of talent. Colerain is much deeper but White Oak does have some talent particularly a running back who is extremely fast on the 8th grade team.
I sure wish they had rosters at the games so we could tell who is who. I couldn't understand the PA announcer. The Colerain QB who I understand is the son of Dan Bolden is very good. He is good sized, has a good arm and runs well. Overall, this is the most talent that I have seen at the annual Colerain/White Oak Middle School games at the high school. The Colerain Middle 8th grade kicker is outstanding also. He had a field goal last night. He had a kick blocked but it was not his fault.

Nice summary gocards. I really wanted to go but I have class on Tuesday nights.

CMS' 8th grade team is nasty! WOMS had some talent, but nothing near what CMS has. When this talent molds next year on the frosh team, as well as the kids who are already in the building, watch out! There's no drop off!

Why do you dismiss the efforts of our younger teams as not worth discussing?
You can't be serious, can you? We are talking about 12 year olds here. TWELVE YEAR OLDS!!! There is a line that has to be drawn somewhere.

I can see it now, Rivals announces their first MIDDLE SCHOOL Football Outlook! Let's discuss the class of 2012!!

Good Lord...:rolleyes:

-CF

You can't be serious, can you? We are talking about 12 year olds here. TWELVE YEAR OLDS!!! There is a line that has to be drawn somewhere.

I can see it now, Rivals announces their first MIDDLE SCHOOL Football Outlook! Let's discuss the class of 2012!!

Good Lord...:rolleyes:

-CF

I don't hear anyone speaking in certainties as to how their play now translates to the future. It's very promising, but it is as you said, 12 and 13 year olds. But that doesn't make you right either. This is the second thread you've been dismissive of our future players simply because of their age. There's an important aspect to the younger age levels that you obviously don't get. Coombs put a great deal of effort into making everyone feel a part of Colerain football, regardless of their age. Bolden is continuing that tradition. He told them at every occasion, "you are Colerain football, and you're to conduct yourseves as such." Things like this are important, they ARE our future. The work their ----- off just like the Varsity players. They show a lot of emotion, pride, and character and if you ever for once got off your God damn couch and went to see it for yourself, you would know what some of the rest of us keep trying to tell you. These kids deserve our praise, and if that means discussing it for a few minutes on Yappi, so be it. They don't need you telling them how irrelevant they are, if you have a problem with this philosophy, PM me about it. If you don't, shut up about it and get off their sack.

I don't hear anyone speaking in certainties as to how their play now translates to the future. It's very promising, but it is as you said, 12 and 13 year olds. But that doesn't make you right either. This is the second thread you've been dismissive of our future players simply because of their age. There's an important aspect to the younger age levels that you obviously don't get. Coombs put a great deal of effort into making everyone feel a part of Colerain football, regardless of their age. Bolden is continuing that tradition. He told them at every occasion, "you are Colerain football, and you're to conduct yourseves as such." Things like this are important, they ARE our future. The work their ----- off just like the Varsity players. They show a lot of emotion, pride, and character and if you ever for once got off your God damn couch and went to see it for yourself, you would know what some of the rest of us keep trying to tell you. These kids deserve our praise, and if that means discussing it for a few minutes on Yappi, so be it. They don't need you telling them how irrelevant they are, if you have a problem with this philosophy, PM me about it. If you don't, shut up about it and get off their sack.
Take it easy there skippy. You've jumped waaaaaaaaaayyyyy to far out there. Let me be clear on a few things.

1 - I applaud these children giving up so much for the game of football. I can only imagine the time and effort it takes on the part of the child as well as the parents and siblings of said child to make Little Cards part of their life. Not once did I ever say they don't put forth great effort.

2 - They are the future of Colerain football...we agree on that. My concern lies with what happens when a 10-yr old or 12-yr old doesn't show quite the emotion and enthusiasm that we as adults think they should on a football field? I'll tell you what happens, some kid gets grabbed by the facemask and gets dragged to the sideline and read the riot act. I'm not saying this have ever happened in the Little Cards program but it IS happening all over the country and younger and younger levels and it is becoming more and more acceptable at a younger and younger age.

3 - Never once did I say there were irrelevant. Again, my concern is that sometimes we forget that where these kids are most relevant has nothing to do with football at all. And when we start talking about how fast and how strong they are, maybe we start inching closer to making that line very fuzzy between treating them as kids and treating them as "the Future of Colerain Football". Thereby, making those kids that don't run quite fast enough or hit quite hard enough no longer...relevant. To me, EVER kid is relevant and should be praised as such.

I don't need to get off any couch to understand what goes on out there. It's the same thing that's been going on for 30 years. I played youth sports. I coached youth sports. I even ref'd youth sports. I know the effort and sacrifice it takes. I've lived it, despite what some yahoo's on here think.

In the end, by all means, praise these youngsters for their efforts and hard work. But lets praise all of them and be careful not to start singling out kids as being "better" than others at the age of 12. I know it's an extreme, but that's how guys like Chris Henry and Maurice Clarrett got their start.

-CardinalsFan

Take it easy there skippy. You've jumped waaaaaaaaaayyyyy to far out there. Let me be clear on a few things.

1 - I applaud these children giving up so much for the game of football. I can only imagine the time and effort it takes on the part of the child as well as the parents and siblings of said child to make Little Cards part of their life. Not once did I ever say they don't put forth great effort.

2 - They are the future of Colerain football...we agree on that. My concern lies with what happens when a 10-yr old or 12-yr old doesn't show quite the emotion and enthusiasm that we as adults think they should on a football field? I'll tell you what happens, some kid gets grabbed by the facemask and gets dragged to the sideline and read the riot act. I'm not saying this have ever happened in the Little Cards program but it IS happening all over the country and younger and younger levels and it is becoming more and more acceptable at a younger and younger age.

3 - Never once did I say there were irrelevant. Again, my concern is that sometimes we forget that where these kids are most relevant has nothing to do with football at all. And when we start talking about how fast and how strong they are, maybe we start inching closer to making that line very fuzzy between treating them as kids and treating them as "the Future of Colerain Football". Thereby, making those kids that don't run quite fast enough or hit quite hard enough no longer...relevant. To me, EVER kid is relevant and should be praised as such.

I don't need to get off any couch to understand what goes on out there. It's the same thing that's been going on for 30 years. I played youth sports. I coached youth sports. I even ref'd youth sports. I know the effort and sacrifice it takes. I've lived it, despite what some yahoo's on here think.

In the end, by all means, praise these youngsters for their efforts and hard work. But lets praise all of them and be careful not to start singling out kids as being "better" than others at the age of 12. I know it's an extreme, but that's how guys like Chris Henry and Maurice Clarrett got their start.

-CardinalsFan
You are NUTS! kids at 12 or 13 come in all shapes and sizes, so some of them do run faster and hit harder than others. And pointing out that fact does not minimize the ones who don't. Football is not for everybody. Fortunately, there are lots of other options out there for the ones who don't run as fast or hit as hard. Chris Henry's and Maurice Clarrett's do not happen because someone watches a middle school game and relays comments about strengths and weaknesses of different players. They happen when no one ever says "NO" to the little prima donna because of their athletic prowess. As far as I can see, LCD is not advocating that type of approach in dealing with these kids. And since I know him, I can tell you that he doesn't take that approach with his own kids, so I doubt he would with others.
You talk out of both sides of your mouth, btw. First, you p i s and moan about how the Cards aren't scoring enough points in their wins over team x :)angel: ), but from the tone of this last post, you act like one of the soccer moms who have ruined childhood in the name of preserving self esteem by not keeping score in anything because it might hurt someone's feelings to discover that they are not as athletically gifted as the kid next to them.

You are NUTS! kids at 12 or 13 come in all shapes and sizes, so some of them do run faster and hit harder than others. And pointing out that fact does not minimize the ones who don't. Football is not for everybody. Fortunately, there are lots of other options out there for the ones who don't run as fast or hit as hard. Chris Henry's and Maurice Clarrett's do not happen because someone watches a middle school game and relays comments about strengths and weaknesses of different players. They happen when no one ever says "NO" to the little prima donna because of their athletic prowess. As far as I can see, LCD is not advocating that type of approach in dealing with these kids. And since I know him, I can tell you that he doesn't take that approach with his own kids, so I doubt he would with others.
You talk out of both sides of your mouth, btw. First, you p i s and moan about how the Cards aren't scoring enough points in their wins over team x :)angel: ), but from the tone of this last post, you act like one of the soccer moms who have ruined childhood in the name of preserving self esteem by not keeping score in anything because it might hurt someone's feelings to discover that they are not as athletically gifted as the kid next to them.

:thumb: CardinalsFan = Soccer Mom :D

Maybe it would be better if they didn't keep score at the high school games too, but, how would you measure performance. Maybe companies shouldn't have performance appraisals at work either because it just makes the underachievers look bad.

Maybe it would be better if they didn't keep score at the high school games too, but, how would you measure performance. Maybe companies shouldn't have performance appraisals at work either because it just makes the underachievers look bad.
yeah, I think they should just give EVERY HS team a State Champs trophy, because they all are winners, really. At least CF would have fewer issues with his digestion if they stopped keeping score, as there wouldn't be any need any longer to compare 40 point wins with 20 point wins. I doubt he has much of a reply, he is probably still trying to paint me into a corner on why giving HS kids a breathalyzer before letting them into the fottball games is somehow a form of progress on par with the invention of the seatbelt or child safety seat. Or, he is out getting his kid fitted for a helmet and bubble wrap undershorts.

ha ha ha...you guys kill me. Now I know how that clown in the White House got voted to a second term. I couldn't believe 59M Americans were that stupid but I guess I was the one with the egg on my face.

:laugh:

-CF

Good to hear that LCD doesn't take that approach with his kids. Whatever "that approach" means.

When was the last time I pissed and moaned about Colerain not scoring enough points? That comment is old material old fella. That was way back a year ago when I thought we were still THE GMC juggernaut. It all started with the Hamilton game last year. Since then, I've been "educated" to understand that the GMC is getting better, it's not about points scored, a W is a W, yadda, yadda, yadda. We only scored 27 tonight against a WOEFUL Lakota East team. So what? Doesn't bother me one iota. A W is a W. :D

I have no problem with keeping score in games at any level that it is appropriate to keep score. Certainly Middle School is old enough to be keeping score. I also realize that kids are going to realize that they are not as athletically talented as some of their teammates while recognizing they may be more talented than others. That's ok too, it's part of life. Happens in the classroom as well as the workforce, eventually.

Hope that clears up a few things for ya. :thumb:

-CardinalsFan

Good to hear that LCD doesn't take that approach with his kids. Whatever "that approach" means.

When was the last time I pissed and moaned about Colerain not scoring enough points? That comment is old material old fella. That was way back a year ago when I thought we were still THE GMC juggernaut. It all started with the Hamilton game last year. Since then, I've been "educated" to understand that the GMC is getting better, it's not about points scored, a W is a W, yadda, yadda, yadda. We only scored 27 tonight against a WOEFUL Lakota East team. So what? Doesn't bother me one iota. A W is a W. :D

I have no problem with keeping score in games at any level that it is appropriate to keep score. Certainly Middle School is old enough to be keeping score. I also realize that kids are going to realize that they are not as athletically talented as some of their teammates while recognizing they may be more talented than others. That's ok too, it's part of life. Happens in the classroom as well as the workforce, eventually.

Hope that clears up a few things for ya. :thumb:

-CardinalsFan
you're still a Soccer Mom.

Might this good-sized, strong-armed, mobile QB be a member of the St. Xavier Class of 2012?
He does have legacy (if he needs it) does he not?

Sounds like recruiting to me. You already have 300 players.
Including Johnny Bench's kid -- on the 'bench'

November 17 at 8 AM? Sleep in or ...?

Would a 'good-sized, strong-armed, and mobile' kid who has asperations of playing QB in college want to play for a school which has sent its QBs to college to play WR or DB?

A truly legit question.

ha ha ha...you guys kill me. Now I know how that clown in the White House got voted to a second term. I couldn't believe 59M Americans were that stupid but I guess I was the one with the egg on my face.

:laugh:

-CF

Only 59-year olds voted for Busch? Count me among the confused.

I think its terrible that Madeira scored 16 goals.....Whoops wrong thread.

The school's current admissions policy states that special consideration is given to brothers, sons and grandsons of St. Xavier alumni as well as brothers of current students.

Or maybe I am mistaken that the Bolden young man '08 at St. Xavier is related to the fine Colerain football coach... So then the Bolden middle-schooler is not related to the St. Xavier Bolden. If I am wrong please excuse the mistaken identity. There are so many of them, almost as abundent as Smith.

Maya culpa? I withdraw the question.

Or maybe I am mistaken that the Bolden young man '08 at St. Xavier is related to the fine Colerain football coach... So then the Bolden middle-schooler is not related to the St. Xavier Bolden. If I am wrong please excuse the mistaken identity. There are so many of them, almost as abundent as Smith.

Maya culpa? I withdraw the question.

Withdrawn question accepted.

Anyhow, they honored the CMS 8th grade team tonight at halftime. I could hardly hear what they were saying but I know this team dominated everyone they played this year. The cubboard ain't bare!