Colerain 2017

Colerain Fan

Well Colerain Fans..... Another year is in the books.

I'd be kidding if I said I wasn't disappointed with not making out of the region with the talent we had this year.

With that said; What's it looking like for next year?

Will our Offense and Super Sophomore's running the Option be more potent with more experience?

Will our Defense reload and be a force to reckon with?

How long will it be before Tofer gets over this loss and begins posting again?

All discussions welcome.

Good luck this season, Cardinals.....class program, with a class head coach!......not to mention his son who is a beast on defense......

How long will it be before Tofer gets over this loss and begins posting again?

All discussions welcome.

I am "Officially" retiring the "Official" thread. Just not any fun anymore. I will still be attending games however, and pulling for the Cards just as hard as I ever have.

I am "Officially" retiring the "Official" thread. Just not any fun anymore. I will still be attending games however, and pulling for the Cards just as hard as I ever have.

Say it isn't so!!!

I even asked where the "official thread" is on IUdogs whatever you want to call it.

I'm a Wayne guy and I even would hate to see this go. All the fun is quickly leaving yappi. All spirited discussion has evaporated.

Say it isn't so!!!

I even asked where the "official thread" is on IUdogs whatever you want to call it.

I'm a Wayne guy and I even would hate to see this go. All the fun is quickly leaving yappi. All spirited discussion has evaporated.

Hate to say it but I miss the GCL'ers

Say it isn't so!!!

Yeah I figured that 13 seasons was enough for me, and the last couple of seasons have been pretty boring. I put a lot of work and thought into my trolling, and its just no fun without a bunch of GCL wonks and delusional GMC fans to get all riled up. I will still be on here rattling cages every week, but no more "Official" threads from me.

Yeah I figured that 13 seasons was enough for me, and the last couple of seasons have been pretty boring. I put a lot of work and thought into my trolling, and its just no fun without a bunch of GCL wonks and delusional GMC fans to get all riled up. I will still be on here rattling cages every week, but no more "Official" threads from me.
It was a great run tofer23. Thank you for the years of doing it.

-CardinalsFan

Does anyone have access to historical stats that would indicate what the Colerain record for field goals in a season is? Mangold now is 10 for 11 and still has 2 games left. I've been following them since the early 90's and I can't remember anybody even approaching that.

As a diehard Bomber fan, I don't post in here at all. However, Colerain did the same thing in 2009, starting out 0-2 after falling to Elder and St. X. Where did they end up...in the state semifinals losing to Hilliard Davidson 10-6. Not too shabby. Colerain will be fine. They get tougher as the season goes on and they always do. The last team anyone wants to play in the playoffs is Colerain and they'll be there.

Last edited:
So our reward for a 2 seed is Moeller?
Don't think so.

Moeller probably won't make the playoffs and if they do, they will be an 8 seed.

Want to see Elder win over LaSalle as that should propel them to the 4/5 seed and set up a scenario where X has to get past Moeller and then Elder in R2.

Colerain would be looking at a mix of Mason, Sycamore, Milford & possibly Fairfield before they see X.

-CardinalsFan

As a diehard Bomber fan, I don't post in here at all. However, Colerain did the same thing in 2009, starting out 0-2 after falling to Elder and St. X. Where did they end up...in the state semifinals losing to Hilliard Davidson 10-6. Not too shabby. Colerain will be fine. They get tougher as the season goes on and they always do. The last team anyone wants to play in the playoffs is Colerain and they'll be there.

Those were 2 different years. 2006 Colerain was undefeated before losing in the semi's to HD.

2009 was the year Colerain lost to Elder and X......and they missed the playoffs

Those were 2 different years. 2006 Colerain was undefeated before losing in the semi's to HD.

2009 was the year Colerain lost to Elder and X......and they missed the playoffs

Sorry, all my years started running together. Yeah, 2009 was the first time in a long time they didn't make the playoffs.

Another great season in the books for the Cardinals. Certainly not the way we all hoped it would end (stop me if you've heard that before!) but there is no denying this team exceeded expectations, especially after the 0-2 start.

The future looks bright and before you know it, we'll get the 2018 thread started to talk about one of the most talented classes to come through Colerain many, many years, the class of 2019!

-CardinalsFan

For 2018 I am interested in the uc football commit Eric Phillips. Will he be playing
Solely on defense and what is his weight and mobility?

Last edited: