Coaches that do not teach the screwball?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
To my surprise, I've heard three coaches that said they do not like teaching the screwball. One of the coaches said that he doesn't like it because he considers it a dangerous pitch for the hitters.

IMO, I see that as a strange reason not to use a pitch. A curveball has the same movement, just the opposite direction. Depending on if the batter is right-handed/left-handed or the pitcher is right-handed/left-handed, a curveball would be just as dangerous.

Is this a common thing for coaches to say they don't teach the screwball?

Never heard of not teaching it. I would as politely as I can say the coach who said he doesn't teach it because it's dangerous to hitters is an idiot. As you said even if it's dangerous for a right handed hitter, it's critical when throwing to lefties, especially slapper. My daughter has won a lot of games and a lot of post season awards living on a screwball. In fairness to the coach, she's also plunked more than her fair share with it.

To my surprise, I've heard three coaches that said they do not like teaching the screwball. One of the coaches said that he doesn't like it because he considers it a dangerous pitch for the hitters.

IMO, I see that as a strange reason not to use a pitch. A curveball has the same movement, just the opposite direction. Depending on if the batter is right-handed/left-handed or the pitcher is right-handed/left-handed, a curveball would be just as dangerous.

Is this a common thing for coaches to say they don't teach the screwball?
terrible take by the coaches imo. Screwball is probably the easiest softball pitch to train besides a fastball at an early age.